Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What books are you reading?

I've always enjoyed reading. This year, I plan to read more books than I did last year. What are you reading? What are some of your favorite reads and why?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Presently, I'm reading "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey and "Dream It, Pin IT, Live It by Terri Savelle Foy. My younger daughter bought me both books. The latter one is the book, workbook and audiobook. They were both on my to-buy list.

Reasons for Reading:

"Total Money Makeover"-to increase my knowledge concerning finances and the application thereof

"Dream It, Pin It, Live It"- teaching God's way of living my dreams and using a vision board as a visual method of application

FYI: I've created vision boards for several years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave Ramsey and his daughter were on FOX & Friends this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    My challenge on Goodreads is 50 books again this year. I read a variety of books.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watch Dave Ramsey's podcasts. I would have loved to have seen him on Fox and Friends! Also, his daughter Rachael!

Best wishes on your reading journey!

Post Thanks / Like
    currently I haven't started a new book yet but hopefully I will today . I like John Grishman's books but just recently started reading them. I have a brand new one to start The whissler is my next one to pick up. I also like biographies and just finished Phil Collins book its excellent. I've also read biographys of two of the girls from Little house on the Praiirie well I can't spell today. Melissa Gilberts book she now lives in Michigan not far from me. The other Melissa's book . I've also read the book of the lady that played Erin on the Waltons. i'd love to get Earl Hammers book . I am a big fan of westerns and Little house and the waltons. The waltons remind me a lot of my parents families from Ky.

I am disabled and I sometimes like to read books about people who are disabled Hellen Keller is my favorite . I also have Gone with the Wind another favorite and the sequel to it. I have a book shelf full of books I've not read yet but I seem to find others to read now. I buy books from Half.com . i'd love to go to the library but I am in a wheelchair live alone and I get very little help I can't get a wheelchair in and out of my van. I was born with cerebral palsey walked up till a fall and broken leg in 09.

HAPPY READING AND CROCHETING.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbie, have you read any of Joni Earickson Tada's books? She's a quadriplegic. I think you'd like her writing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetSuzieQ View Post
    Barbie, have you read any of Joni Earickson Tada's books? She's a quadriplegic. I think you'd like her writing.
    I've read books by Joni Eareckson. They're good books. I just finished reading the book 'The Day Christ Died' by Bishop/Harper.
    I don't know if that's one person or two people. The name Bishop is above the title of the book and Harper is below the title of the book and BISHOP is all caps and Harper only capitalizes the H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks i'll have to look for that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I have but its been years ago. I can't think of I've read anymore then one but I have read her. Thanks for asking.