Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Arlene's sister's husband that fell. Thanks Butterflyrose.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for the mix up. Must have mis read the thread. Lots of prayers and hugs to the wives who are acting care givers and to all the husbands who find themselves ill or injured. I'm so sorry to hear that Arlene fines herself in difficult times. It's difficult to care for immediate family members who are ill, and then to complicate that with the added stress of caring for an elderly parent can in deed be difficult if there is no other life line to help, such as other siblings. Am praying that Arlenes situation will improve soon and pray she considers her own health needs. Has anyone ask her if she has spoken to their family physician about possibly setting up home health agency help? I don't know what type health insurance she has, but sometimes the physician can file a form on caregiver hardship so the insurance company will pick up the cost for home health care/respite care to give the main care giver a bit of a break.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Carla make sure you take care of your self. My husband almost waited to late too. The DRS had to make him come in finally. He got to bad. He was walking all bent over. Now he is not. I know what you mean. About men and DRS. Don't know that either. They are so stubborn. But the main thing is your husband is on the road to recovery now. My prayers are with you and husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my brother in law fell. He is not doing good at all. It is a touch and go situation, now. He has a infection in his spine and it went his blood stream. Now he non responsive. He is ICU. They have him on the strongest antibiotics they can put him on. They still need prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean,

Glad to hear that all is well. I pray and believe that Arlean and her husband regain strength and a safe recovery ( I know that it was her husband who had surgery but from experience I have come to know that sickness/healing process affects the caregiver as well)💕

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my husband had neck surgery. He is doing better now. It is my sister's husband that is critical condition. They did find out he has spinal meningitis. He is getting better. Some days he runs a real high fever. He has a long way to go before he is better. They just got to go day by day. Thanks for every ones prayers. We do appreciate you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Arlene,
    Does your brother in law have brain damage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know yet. He is on a ventilator. They took him off for a couple hours. But he couldn't breath on his own. So, they put him back on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    mash52/Arlene sent this to me:

Need prayers

Hi Jean,
    I have telling you about my Brother in Law. Well he was getting better. He turn for the worse. We need you all to pray for him and my sister. They are not sure if he will live now. He has in his will DNR. If you all could pray for them. Also pray she enough money to keep herself a going. Everything is in his name. She could lose everything they have. Because She don't have the money to pay on everything. Without his income. And she can't get his money out of bank. Don't have her name on it. Please pray for her. Thanks Jean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know. They have to drain the fluid off his brain. He just lays there and stares. He is not responding to anything. The machine is breathing for him.