Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

7 Day Meal Planning Challenge...Who Will Join Me?

In July, I prepared and cooked in my home more than my normal. I ate out only 5 times the entire month. This month, I ate out more and would really like to eat at home more. I know meal planning is the key to winning this battle.

Who will join me in this challenge? Meal Planning!!! At this time, this challenge is for 7 days. I know that one meal will be eaten away from home this week as it was pre-planned prior to this challenge.

Please share how you manage to eat at home more than away from home. I've already planned meals for 5 days. And I have meat already thawing for dinner!

Please join me and share your ideas about meal planning and how you stay on track.

~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes cjmmytunes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't normally go out to eat. Sometimes he cooks. Sometimes I cook but we usually just help ourselves when we are hungry.

Post Thanks / Like
    we don't go out much just on the second of the month and maybe once at the end of the month. I would like to join you but I cannot start doing it till after the second when we go grocery shopping. We don't have much right now so would it be okay if my first day starts on the 3rd of the month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    We don't normally go out to eat. Sometimes he cooks. Sometimes I cook but we usually just help ourselves when we are hungry.
    Sounds like you have a plan that works for your household! If you'd like, please join in and share the meals you plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    we don't go out much just on the second of the month and maybe once at the end of the month. I would like to join you but I cannot start doing it till after the second when we go grocery shopping. We don't have much right now so would it be okay if my first day starts on the 3rd of the month?
    Of course Sonnetta! It'll be motivational and inspiring to have you join me in the meal planning challenge. And FUN too!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 1(Tuesday)

I prepared a hotdog w/sauerkraut and condiments, tortilla chips, applesauce for breakfast.
    I prepared chicken salad on whole grain bread and lettuce for lunch.
    I prepared dirty rice w/lots of ground beef, charro beans, tortilla chips, applesauce for dinner.

I am loving applesauce at the moment! A drink was included with each meal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Sounds like you have a plan that works for your household! If you'd like, please join in and share the meals you plan.
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    Also, you can make something like macaroni or spaghetti that will last a few days; or you can make soup and freeze some of it.

9. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I had a Southwestern Potato and Celery Omelet. It was good without the eggs too, w/just the fried potato mixture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Southwestern Potato and Celery Omelet Recipe - NYT Cooking
    I substituted jalapeno pepper and onion and colby/montery jack cheese.

For lunch- a tomato sandwhich on toast

12. Likes mash52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight we had sausage, mixed vegetables, scallop potatoes, and I made a cake and I wrote on it "To my wonderful family" because they are and they deserve a special treat. We had lunch meat sandwiches for lunch when we stopped in at home long enough to bring some things home then we had to go again.

14. Likes mash52 liked this post