Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I'll be trying out the squash casserole recipe as I just bought some squash this week. tfs

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've meal-planned for 3 days:breakfast, lunch and dinner. Let's see how I do!!!

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean these look yummy. I love broccoli, squash. Ive just been told more veggies, No on white products etc. been Doctoring. Hope you and hubby are doing all right. Bless you & Thank you for recipes. susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this as Ive been told I "Need to" for health reasons. I will start planning tonigt for me and hubby also as he eats very little. l. Monday was easy as I had tests all day -again at MN U-Hospital. Had a salad with tomato, cuke, broccoli, cauliflower and diet dressing. Jello & pound cake. TODAY (Tue.) Home Made Veggie Soup, 1 slice wheat Toast with sugar free jam. Wed thru Sunday Planning tonight. TY for listening. Susan2014 God Bless you who are eating Healthier when able.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Susan 2014 and Your Welcome. Enjoy Butterflyrose and Susan 2014. Yes, we're doing good. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a peppercorn roast for supper with a pasta side dish and corn. Being the end of the month we don't have too much but we will be going to the store on Thursday. I have looked up some new recipes that I am going to try this month. We only ate out once this whole month. We got treated to a pizza by my son. We might eat out tomorrow night for supper but that will probably be the only time this month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, Sonnetta and Jean Marie, I enjoy reading your responses. Keep up the good work!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I made meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and gravy for supper. Tonight my daughter said she is making a new recipe so I guess I will have to find out what it is. For breakfast/lunch I had a sausage and egg sandwich. We had to take my daughter shopping so I didn't have much time to fix breakfast so that is why I combined the two. I didn't have any leftovers last night either. It made me feel good that everyone enjoyed it so much. I am anxious to see what the new recipe is that she is fixing tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I meal-planned for Tuesday-Saturday of this week. As I am doing a "No Spend Week," my goal is to not buy any take-out/dining out.

Meal-Planning:

Meats; bbq ribs, teriyaki chicken, hot dog, fried chicken smoked sausage, meatloaf, pizza and turkey breast. My older daughter made teriyaki chicken/broccoli/rice on Monday. Last night my younger daughter bought me steak fingers and fries. Veggies I'm eating are green beans, broccoli, corn, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, rice, red potatoes, baked beans, green peas and squash. Fruits I'm eating are blackberries, grapes, peaches, bananas and cherries. Biscuits, breads, oatmeal, corn flakes, eggs, mac & cheese along with milk, soda and water. Also carrot cake and Klondike ice cream!

Post Thanks / Like
    I read through the messages and found a lot of ideas. I do not plan ahead but I do cook and freeze. Today, I thawed some cooked ground hamburger and made a taco salad with avocado. The prices went down so I bought some. I have enough for another salad.

Last night I had half of a Jucy Lucy hamburger I had for lunch. It came with Tater Tots which I have not had in years. I said to my son and daughter I never made the Tater Tot Hotdish popular in Minnesota as they had it in school. Butterflyrose mentioned the tuna casserole; I had never had a casserole until I married my Minnesotan husband. He liked the tuna casserole; I used potato chips as that is how his mother made it. Funny, I was thinking about it the other day. The Jucy Lucy is a hamburger made with cheese inside it and it melts when cooked. Two bars in Minneapolis say they were the first to make it.

I have lunch with two of my kids once or twice a week in Minneapolis. My son owns a sheet metal shop and my daughter does his paperwork. I have not been into Minneapolis much as I live an hour north and the roads have not been good this winter. I am now alone and live on a back, dirt road and so do not go out much.

Butterflyrose makes Frito Chili Pie; that is what I had in school and make it for myself. My husband did not care for it. When we had chili, I had a no beans (Texan) and he had beans (Minnesotan).

Squash casserole looked good.

I have talked enough.
    Leona

14. Likes Susan2014 liked this post