Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Decorating Room by Room

Is it time to change the look of a room? Besides buying new furniture, using accessories and changing the furniture layout can give a totally new look. How about moving a piece or two from one room to another for a different look?

Furniture pieces can sometimes have multiple uses. Think about how you can use a piece differently in your home. I used my sofa table for a soft drink/treat bar recently. It was a hit!

To accessorize a couple of pillows, I tied beautiful wire ribbon around one and a vivid-colored scarf around another to add more texture/color to my decor. By doing so, I bought less pillows and still had an abundance of beautifully decorated pillows.

Please share your decorating, crafting ideas and future decorating projects. A way to beautify our homes for enjoyment!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds Fun and , changing pieces of furniture is all most out of luck in my house. maybe a table, pillows, picture, painting a new color.
    In 1 room my doors to front, into kitchen & then hallway to bathroom & bedrooms 2 (1 is my craft room. a new cover for a chair, stool crocheted cover? Susan2014

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I like your idea of adding a new chair cover or a stool crocheted cover!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Once all my Christmas decor is stored, I'll change the look of my family room. Here's what I'll do:add blue decorator pillows in different textures. Sheer lace, quilted texture and silk! Silver accessories will complement the decor. Also, pillows in white and ivory with faux fur and ruching! I'll accent using a picture with traces of blue. A large mirror as a focal point, lamps and an artificial tree.

I moved the furniture last month for a more intimate conversational setting. I moved the sectional so the two pieces face each other with the coffee table as the divider. An area rug sits atop the cherrywood laminate flooring. Quite cozy! The matching chair and ottoman faces inward as a companion piece. Other pieces of furniture are spread along the exterior wall to balance the room. The mantle and fireplace will be accessorized with live plants and silver pieces plus a large painting. Thinking about moving my blue suede chair(bedroom) to the family room! What fun it is to decorate...

~A Happy Decorating Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Family Room Decor...

Once the Christmas decor is down, I'll also add metal nesting tables with blue stone insets. A great addition to the blue and silver decor that will be used in the family room!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I decorated the family room using many of the items mentioned in prior posts. Blue and Silver!

Post Thanks / Like
    Next, I'll decorate the breakfast area! Once I decide on which color/tablesetting/centerpiece and pillows to use for the sofa chair, I'll post it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today the cherrywood bedroom set that I bought for my younger daughter's room arrived. It is beautiful! I bought the bed, headboard, footboard, mattress set, dresser, mirror, night stand and chest of drawers. The chest of drawers will go in my older daughter's room. My younger daughter will be buying a comforter set, wall accessories and night stand accessories for the room. I'm excited to see how she decorates her room!

~A Very Happy Decorating Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Redecorating the Master Bedroom...using add'l items and such!

I finally found them! Solid grey drapery for my master bedroom! Also, I bought a coral/jute rope decorator pillow and a silver grey one too. The colors used in this room are grey, coral and black.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Chest of Drawers...

The chest of drawers was reordered because it was damaged. The new one arrived yesterday and was set up by the delivery guys. It has added such a sophicated look to my older daughter's room. She is in the process of tossing, throwing away and donating items while redecorating her room.

~A Very Happy Decorating Homemaker~Butterflyrose