Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the exercises recommended for people on long plane flights. Move you feet back and forth from the ankles. Then shift left to right and back a few times. If there's room, stretch you leg out under the desk a few times and then the other.

There are lots of sitting exercises you can find with a simple Google search.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be an alarmest, but I would contact my doctor and let them know I was having feet swelling. Just so they can rule out whatever and guide you on how to keep that at bay. But, this is just my opinion. I have a ton of health problems and I have to contact my docs when something new shows up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Not to be an alarmest, but I would contact my doctor and let them know I was having feet swelling. Just so they can rule out whatever and guide you on how to keep that at bay. But, this is just my opinion. I have a ton of health problems and I have to contact my docs when something new shows up.
    I'm with you, Landon. I have a ton of health problems and I agree about contacting the doctor regarding the feet swelling problem. I don't want to be an alarmest either, but mine turned out to be CHF.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the evening you can also just lay on the floor and put your feet up against a wall for about 10 minutes it will help with fluid retention. I had to do that when I was pregnant and had toxemia. I still have fluid retention, take waterpills for high bp. As long as legs are elevated it will help. At night use a foot stool but prop pillows under your feet so feet are elevated ,cause most foot stools are lower than the chair so blood is still draining down to your feet, don't wear tight socks or knee highs that restrict circulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dragondrummer;24210]I'm with you, Landon. I have a ton of health problems and I agree about contacting the doctor regarding the feet swelling problem. I don't want to be an alarmest either, but mine turned out to be CHF.[/QUOTE]

CHF was what I was thinking about as feet swelling is a definite sign. But it could also be the sign of something else or very minor as well. I just learned a long time ago that I do better if I let my docs in on what is going on with me and let them figure it all out. I am sorry to hear that you have a lot of health issues, dragondrummer. It flat out STINKS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    CHF was what I was thinking about as feet swelling is a definite sign. But it could also be the sign of something else or very minor as well. I just learned a long time ago that I do better if I let my docs in on what is going on with me and let them figure it all out. I am sorry to hear that you have a lot of health issues, dragondrummer. It flat out STINKS!!
    Sorry for your health issues, too, Landon! You're right. It flat out STINKS!! But it's still better than the alternative. I may be keeping a lot of doctors in fancy cars and homes, but they're keeping me alive and knitting/crocheting among other things I like to do. By the way, I love your Edison quote.