Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Theresa: I would love your email. I have been reading short stories and am amazed how the authors get their point across without many words! It has to be a real talent! Have a great day!
    Lili - email me at tmlesch@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psutter View Post
    Drink more water. It sounds silly but most water retention is caused when our body thinks it needs to hold on to the water because it may not get any more. At the very least you will be forced to get up now and then and walk at least as far as the potty. It helps me. Sometimes I even go outside for a walk, not as often as I should though.
    Patty
    Thanks, Patty. I actually started doing that about a month ago. Decided to give up soda and have replaced it with water. I am stillvnot drinking the recommended 8 glasses each day but I am drinking significant;y more than I was before.

Post Thanks / Like
    i stand for 8 hours a day on my job and my ankles and lower legs and feet swell. i look forward to sitting down and crocheting!!!!! could your shoes be too tight? or maybe wearing socks that are too tight? also people have this problem when humid hot weather is upon us. hope you get better with your swelling problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    i stand for 8 hours a day on my job and my ankles and lower legs and feet swell. i look forward to sitting down and crocheting!!!!! could your shoes be too tight? or maybe wearing socks that are too tight? also people have this problem when humid hot weather is upon us. hope you get better with your swelling problem.
    I don't wear shoes or socks at home, which is where I work so I don't think its that. It does get worse in the warm humid weather so I think it's that. I have been getting up every hour or so and trying to stand or walk for 10 minutes before returning to the computer. That and the extra water I am drinking plus the stool under my desk to keep my feet slightly elevated helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should mention this.....I have noticed my legs falling asleep from time to time from sitting crocheting, but more so as of late. I am trying to be more aware of just how long I am sitting and get up and move around even if it is just to walk around inside the house to help out my circulation. It also hurts my tailbone after I sit for long as I took a fall on it 40 yrs. ago and fractured it.

I also do some stretching to loosing myself up. I just get so caught up in what I am working on that I don't realize how much time passes.

Let's all get up and have a good stretch now.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    psutter...great Idea....I don't drink enough h2o thus having to get up and go to the loo is a start w/ stretching the legs...thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, I sit in a recliner with my feet up while crocheting. I sometimes sit for several hours with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    i work in an office all day, and sit crocheting most evenings. I have the same problem as well as my hands and wrists aching. I have made 5 afghans measuring 60" X60" since January and have 3 more to make before Christmas. I try to get stand up every hour or so, and stretch, get something to drink or just move around. I have high blood pressure, under control, so moving is necessary. I've even been to the doctor. His answer was to sit an hour and move around for at least 20 minutes before I go back. I tried this and it helps, but does not take care of it completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave up salt and drink lots of water and they say water before bed helps with nervous leg syndrom. I have a roller made of wood under my desk and I roll my feet on it to keep the circulation going. Get up and move around every hour or so for a few minutes also to help with circulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an awful time with swollen feet and ankles if I am on the computer and loose track of time. I intend to watch the right bottom corner clock, but forget, so now set the kitchen timer. I agree that getting up every hour is the key, and also with not letting your legs just hang down. I agree with the too much salt and not enough water being a culprit. But if you do take diuretics, please do take seriously the above advice about potassium levels. You can become very ill if potassium depleted, and it can happen relatively quickly. Keep bananas if you like them. They are always a pick-me-up for me and my roses love the peelings.