Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My Church Event:"The Twelve Tribes of Israel"

Sunday was the day! After planning, praying and much work, the presentation of "The Twelve Tribes of Israel" occurred. I was the co-chairperson for this event. It was simply beautiful!

The sanctuary was decorated with the 12 shields of the tribes. We had a 2-day Arts and Crafts Workshop which I lead. Special thanks to my daughters for their assistance in helping others create their shield! I also made shields for those not in attendance.

As the tribes were introduced wearing African garb or their tribes particular color,(colorful and beautiful) they walked down the aisle singing about their tribe or stating their tribes' name at the altar and the amount of money that they had raised for this event. Each tribe brought a decorative bag or container to represent the actual money they had raised. I brought a very large decorative container which I carried on my shoulder w/paper money streaming.

Oh yes, I exceeded my fundraising goal. In fact, I presented the largest amount of money! And my daughters met the goal too! Our friends and family were generous in supporting this very worthy cause.

My daddy, brother and sister-in-law, another sister-in-law(late hubby's sister), and her granddaughter came to support my daughters and me. They helped to make the pew rally exciting as we made our presentations. Also, a former co-worker(friend) and her daughter who I taught in school(I'm retired) surprised me by dropping by and giving me a donation for this event. What a blessed day it was!

We convened to the fellowship hall for refreshments:cookies, mixed nuts and parfait. Smiles and chatter was evident! A peaceful atmosphere was present. God's presence was felt. The setting was gorgeous, I must say! My daughters and I were the decorating committee. And we did receive compliments on the décor!

My pastor texted me yesterday to say that we did a "glorious job on Sunday. I am sure that God is well pleased." My response was "thank you and you're welcome. God gets the glory!"

May God's blessings rest upon you~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    The donations continue to come! I received a donation for the church in the mail yesterday from a friend. God is truly blessing the work that we are doing for Him!

God is love~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Donations, Well-Wishes Galore...

Today I'll begin the wonderful task of selecting thank-you cards to send to my loving and supportive family and friends. The response that I received from them was overwhelming. And the presence of those who were in attendance brought JOY to my heart! I am so blessed!

~With a grateful heart~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    My thank-yous are ready for mailing! They will soon be on their way to family and friends. This week, I'll make a stop at the post office to select a book of beautiful stamps to mail these heart-felt cards of thanks.

Yesterday, another church member brought a generous donation to me to turn into the Finance Commission. Thank you God for blessing our church!