Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to do both flowers and vegetables. I planted a lilac bush out front of the trailer when we moved here. It is really leafing out. It might be another year before it has lilacs on it as it is not full grown yet. I am going to plant a rose or two and some other flowers. I have to still decide which ones. I am going to have raised garden beds this year. We are going to make them with legs on them so I don't have to bend over. I am planning to plant some tomatoes,green beans, okra, radishes, cucumbers, green onions,carrots, and some cooking onions.

2. Likes Butterflyrose, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, your gardening plans sound lovely. A lilac bush...how pretty! Please share what gardening in raised beds is like once you've started. I've been interested in this for a couple of years.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Just saw in Lakeside Collection catalogue that they have them for purchase!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeds, Seeds, Seeds...

Today, I'll plant green bean seeds in my patio garden in a container and in my veggie garden. A few days ago, I planted the tomato seeds. Some in a planter(patio garden) and some in my veggie garden.

The okra and tomato seeds are bursting through the earth. I'm always excited to see the growth of seeds sprouting!

I went to the store earlier this week and bought a Cucumber Grow Kit. It has a planter, seeds, special growing medium containing nutrients and detailed instructions. It is on my list for planting.

~An Excited Gardener~Butterflyrose

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I planted green bean and lettuce seeds on Saturday. We had heavy rain and thunderstorms on Sunday. I'm wondering if I'll have to replant those that were planted.

Monday's Gardening Trip...Callaway's Nursery

I bought a tomato plant and a red hot pepper plant. Also, 2 hibiscus plants, 3 dusty millers and 5 caladiums. I'm excited about planting these plants. I am a member of The Garden Club by spending a certain amount that made me eligible to join. Looking forward to attending some of the special events!

~An Excited Gardener~Butterflyrose
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 04-19-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I'll plant my tomato and red hot pepper plant. I bought these plants yesterday. There already is a small green tomato on the plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    sonnetta sounds allmost like my raiser veggies except okra. When do you start seed where you live?? Im in Minneapolis, Minnesota end of May/June some.

Wish I could get raiser on legs. You will enjoy that. Let me know how it goes. Sounds good. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lulu12 Im sorry its been 1/12 or so & just seeing this. Im glad to meet you and am in Mpls., Minnesota. Crocheting 12" & 6 " squares, doing swaps. Garden planning as its to cool here yet. Lots to prepare tho. How about you ?? knit, crochet,any other Talents? Have a great week & God Bless.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    hey susan 2014-- how are you doing today- i dont garden but the kids do-- i live in georgia so they have their garden all planted-- i do a lot of crocheting for charity i do plastic canvas and i have a addi knitting machine i make hats and scarves for the homeless 1 am trying to get somebody to pick it up --i dont drive too much anymore---you have a good day ------lulu

11. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any others gardeners? I'd love to hear how your gardens are growing! What are you planting/have planted? Please share your gardening tips, ideas and stories.~Butterflyrose~

The greatest gift
    of the garden is the
    restoration of the five senses.

-Hanna Rion

13. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Butterflyrose your lucky ! Still snow coming down a little so end of April to dig Im sure in MN. My riser will be dug up fresh Soil and Veggies: tomatoes, pepper, beans, turnips, carrots, spinich cuke, 2 squash, onion (I think) have a 5ft X 7ft small plost for Tomatoes, Cukes, Peas, Beets also to dig up & soil added. ! 36" container on deck with Herbs & Jalapeno peppers 2. 2 lag 24" Pots for cherrie tomatoes & 1 yellow. Potatoes go in 1 new area as we added a nice side walk zig-zag walk feel like yellow brick road. My OA is much worse so LOTS of planning & longer to do. Hubby is unable to do (it bothers him) I give him jobs tho & tires after 30 minutes. My New Life Journey this year. Yes why all this??? Ive been away & most dont know a few come on my Post or pm me (use to) just wanted you to know I care very much about Barbara Green & CT members. Susan2014
    You know we all love you too!!! redhead/ Patty