Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  59
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 4, Feb.18...

Today I've added 1 new magazine, 3 lingerie items(2 new), 1 new piggy bank, 3 new kitchen utensils, 1 new bracelet, 1 shirt and 1 bed sheet to a charity box. 11 more items making a total of 44 items in 4 days! Some items that are bought are never used! YIKES!

My Throw-a-ways...

Also, I shredded 30 pieces of mail, 2 magazines, tossed two lids, 1 slotted spoon, a writing pen and a #7 birthday candle!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    10 movies to donation box, threw out lots of old receipts, 3 more old phone books and loads of old saved greeting cards. Loving this process, it's so liberating!
    Karen

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 5, Feb. 19

Working in the Garage...

I am cleaning out my garage and in return there are many items that have been stored. Here are a few items that I'm donating 1 wall garland, 3 stuffed animals, 1 picture frame, 1 body polish sponge(new), 1 Christmas ornament(new), pencils in matching case, hair barrettes and 1 ceramic plaque.

Throw-a-ways...

Many items that are not needed/useful!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-19-2016 at 07:00 PM.

6. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Day 6, Feb. 20 of the 10 Day Challenge! Of course, this challenge will continue for as long as needed!

Into the charity box these items went:1 lipstick case, 2 accessory pins, 1 pair of earrings, 1 storage jar w/lid, 1 comforter, 2 sheets, 1 flower bouquet and 1 book. 10 more items making a total of 64 items!~Butterflyrose~

8. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Large box of books belonging to my sister to be returned Sunday (I finished reading them). New large charity box started and filled with music cassettes and movies. Large bag of receipts and old paid bills ready for shredding

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlatlas View Post
    Large box of books belonging to my sister to be returned Sunday (I finished reading them). New large charity box started and filled with music cassettes and movies. Large bag of receipts and old paid bills ready for shredding
    Karen, we are making a real difference in our living spaces. Isn't this an exciting venture? I'm so excited about the progress I've made. Enjoy the journey and continue the good work!

12. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, before we moved (California) to Texas, I went through every room and space in the house, and it ended with a huge donation of furniture, dishes, clothes, rugs, and other stuff collected over the years.
    In Texas, while unpacking boxes, I found many things for donation again. We decided to keep only the things we will use.
    Many things went to Salvation Army, and now I'm taking care of my yarn stash cumulated in many boxes, and also toys for children. In the summer time I usually crochet hats, scarfs, and afghans for cancer patients, and toys for Christmas. It keeps me be happy. Hugs! Ada.

14. Likes karenlatlas, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Collected Items for Days 7-9(Feb. 21-23)...Goal Met:

30 decorator envelopes, bowl, inflatable ball, 15 trinket toys, pkg. of erasers, coin purse, 20 Christmas apple ornaments, decanter, bag of marble stones, 3 bracelets, 3 pairs of earrings, belt, hair accessory, 4 necklaces, accessory pin, lip gloss, mascara, lingerie item, jar of body cream and headband.

Have met my goal and surpassed it! Will continue to declutter as time allows! How are you doing in your decluttering?

16. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Butterflyrose for this topic, I am enjoying this process and each post inspires me to continue and makes suggestions for more things to donate/ discard! Cleaned out trunk of car, it's amazing how much junk can accumulate there! Grocery bag of food to go to local foodbank. More than 10 items for today!
    Last edited by karenlatlas; 02-23-2016 at 09:27 PM.

18. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen!You're welcome! Like you, reading about others' progress is inspiring. Congrats on cleaning out your car trunk! And giving food to the foodbank will be greatly appreciated!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

20. Likes karenlatlas liked this post