Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  23
Page 19 of 83 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I. Isaiah 58:9

A Time to Think
    With a twinkle in his eyes, my friend says that his favorite prayer is 'Lord, give me patience; give it to me right now.' –Billy Graham, evangelist and author

A Time to Act
    Be patient, have faith and work towards what you desire.

A Time to Pray
    Father, grant me patience when I stumble and courage to continue on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

A Time to Think

Don't pray to escape trouble. Don't pray to be comfortable in your emotions. Pray to do the will of God in every situation. Nothing else is worth praying for. –Reverend Sam Shoemaker, author and evangelist

A Time to Act
    Trust that things will be fine.

A Time to Pray
    Father I hold tight to Your truth and trust You to work in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pray that my fears and those of my husband are abated. My husband has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's Plus Syndrome. He has multiple symptoms and we will hear more from the neurologist on May 4th. Currently he is going to Physical Therapy.

Post Thanks / Like

Daily Scripture & Reflection April 15, 2016

But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of deeds done by us in righteousness, but in virtue of his own mercy. Titus 3:4-5

A Time to Think
    Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life's problems fall into place of their own accord. –J.I. Packer, Christian theologian

A Time to Act
    Resolve not to magnify small problems.

A Time to Pray
    Dear Lord, help me to remember that the brightness of Your loving presence is always with me.

Su O,
    I pray for healing for your husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of deeds done by us in righteousness, but in virtue of his own mercy. Titus 3:4-5

A Time to Think
    Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life's problems fall into place of their own accord. –J.I. Packer, Christian theologian

A Time to Act
    Resolve not to magnify small problems.

A Time to Pray
    Dear Lord, help me to remember that the brightness of Your loving presence is always with me.

Su O,
    I pray for healing for your husband.
    Thank you, Jean Marie. I feel your love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jean, You know sometime we don't read our Bibles like we should. But when you put verses on here really help brightens one day. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. 1 Corinthians 4:20

A Time to Think
    When God is involved, anything can happen. Be open. Stay that way. God has a beautiful way of bringing good vibrations out of broken chords. –Charles Swindoll, Christian pastor, author and educator

A Time to Act
    Recall a time when you witnessed God's flawless timing.

A Time to Pray
    Dear Lord, help me to stretch beyond what is comfortable. Help me to be my best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I stretch out my hands to thee; my soul thirsts for thee like a parched land. Psalm 143:6

A Time to Think

We're concerned with how things turn out; God seems more concerned with how we turn out. –Philip Yancey, author

A Time to Act
    Trust that there is a divine plan.

A Time to Pray
    Thank You, God, for revitalizing me with Your love when my spirit is withering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

A Time to Think
    God has not changed; and His ear is just as quick to hear the voice of real prayer, and His hand is just as long and strong to save; as it ever was. —R.A. Torrey

A Time to Act
    Lord, help me see through eyes that glimpse visions of Your plan for me. Then give me the courage to act.

A Time to Pray
    Heavenly Father, we thank You for the comfort you give us, when we come to You.

Post Thanks / Like
    God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:31

A Time to Think
    Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature–the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. –Rachel Carson

A Time to Act
    Look at the world with a vision magnified by the power of faith deep within you.

A Time to Pray
    Father, today I resolve to become a better steward of our world.