Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Gotta love church boutiques!

Hello Ladies, I wanted to share this proceline treasure I found last Tuesday at a neighborhood church boutique. My Granddaughter is going to go CRAZY when she sees it. And I'm almost embarrassed to say, I only paid $4.00 for it. What a steal! It was missing some flowers on the back, so I got out my glue gun, fancy ribbon, and letter beads and added my own touches. I think it turned out great. She's having her 11th birthday a week from today, so I might give it to her then. Although, I've still got the Mermaid Tail, and 2 adorable Hamilton Collection figurines in their Wizard of Oz series, in hiding and I know she'll get excited about those as well. Things to ponder ..... Christmas vs Birthday??? No time now, got more crocheting to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gotta love church boutiques!-orchid5-jpg Gotta love church boutiques!-orchid1-jpg Gotta love church boutiques!-doll1-jpg 
    Last edited by Victori1724; 11-08-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the best part, she's porceline

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    Hello Ladies, I wanted to share this proceline treasure I found last Tuesday at a neighborhood church boutique. My Granddaughter is going to go CRAZY when she sees it. And I'm almost embarrassed to say, I only paid $4.00 for it. What a steal! It was missing some flowers on the back, so I got out my glue gun, fancy ribbon, and letter beads and added my own touches. I think it turned out great. She's having her 11th birthday a week from today, so I might give it to her then. Although, I've still got the Mermaid Tail, and 2 adorable Hamilton Collection figurines in their Wizard of Oz series, in hiding and I know she'll get excited about those as well. Things to ponder ..... Christmas vs Birthday??? No time now, got more crocheting to do.
    The doll is adorable, what a great a bargain you got for something you can do such good with! The last church yard sale I went to got me these 2 goodies for next to nothing. The mirror is heavy and made of solid wood framing, which hard to find any more since everything is plastic. It's bigger than it looks and hangs on the wall over my sofa.

The big basket is one of some other baskets I got. I can't believe the outrageous high cost of these things purchased new! I say if people want to sell things cheap to make little $$$, I'll help them out and buy some of it... another persons trash is another persons treasure!!

Gotta love church boutiques!-churchyardsalemirrorfind-jpg

Gotta love church boutiques!-churchyardsalebigbasketfind-jpg

I got my husband a case with with zippered compartments & a handle to carry it with that his laptop fits in, an ironing board, and I even got a well worn triangle shawl that I wore around the house and to crochet in in winter, but it's almost seen it's better day. I look forward to another sale, my MIL's church has had this sale yearly and they get really great stuff donated to them.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-08-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great finds Susan! A woman after my own heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    Great finds Susan! A woman after my own heart.
    I hear you, I wish I could spend every weekend doing yard sales and a lot of time going thru thrift stores. But I've been pretty lucky all the same