Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya to the new ladies above, I would like to welcome you to this site., It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

2. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, TY , It is my pleasure to welcome new members.. It was very nice to receive my welcomes. I'm thinking if the new member fell welcomed and comfortable, this may entice them to recommend others to the site... Teresa

4. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for eveyone's welcoming. I deel all warm inside. Hugs

6. Likes Barbara G., N/A, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Trenarah, I like the way you said that.. Wonderful and true statement... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to all who join CT. As we have o many forms its hard to get to all in 1 day, at least for me. Love the way every one is saying Hi to New Friends. I had when I joined Susan mJ

9. Likes teresah, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcoming the one who join here is like a welcome them into our little corner of the world, If they like us make they will stay and we can grow, grow , grow and grow some more, WOW Barbara G you better get some help soon we will be bursting at the seams and you can't be the only one sewing use back together again.

By the way HI everyone; welcome to out little corner of the world and we are so very happy to have you here. If I have miss you please drop me a line and we can talk, seem like am here most of the time Teeee Heeee
    charlye ( the trouble maker)

11. Likes Barbara G., Susan2014, Lynda Fey, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all new members! I'm pretty new here, joined in July, but feel like I've been here a longgg time, lol, which is a good thing! The people on this site are fun, kind, caring and supportive, and that's not even counting the crochet talk!! Really, everyone jumps right into conversations and we all just seem to be like old friends! I love how the crochet community is so friendly as a whole, it makes our craft so much more enjoyable, to be able to share patterns, info, pics, our lives in general, you name it.

I started a crochet blog last month, by coincidence compared with my time of joining this site, because it was all happening at the same time. My husband had been building me a website and he got it done around the time I joined this community. I'm a member of many crochet sites, and there are SO many other talk forums to help with problem stitches, difficulty understanding a certain group of written instructions, or whatever it may be you're having trouble with, plus sharing free and sale patterns, yarn types to use for certain projects, showing pics of their WIP's and/or recently finished work, or anything related to crochet hat you can think about.

So as I was starting my blog, I also started trying to maneuver my way around this site. I crochet daily through the pain of living with chronic illness, and I wanted the blog site to keep me mentally busy. I'm home all the time with health disabilities, and I needed something wonderful in my life to focus on. I decided I could share all the knowledge I've accumulated from the internet. I can't believe how many super talented people there are who are willing to share their time making videos that teach patterns and stitches, or make websites that teach step by step tutorials and give away free patterns, even if they also sell some on Etsy or Ravelry. I love crochet like so many other people do, and I knew I could use all of my huge accumulation of bookmarks to share, talk, and help others to learn crochet like I did, by self teaching....and I could also help those who are even more experienced than myself by saving them time when they use my gathered info that I sort, combine and discuss in a blog.

I want people to join it and make it interactive, with no selling, but with other crochet lovers emailing me things like their WIP's and finished work links they've found, free patterns to share, things like we have here except that I get to run my mouth a lot because it's my blog! I have a lot to talk about, and when you don't get out that much you need to release a lot of pent up words & thoughts, and a need to stay in touch and know there's still a big world to live in and know about. I have 7-8 blog posts out now and I see it going in the direction I hoped it would. I've talked to many other blog site owners and am exchanging lists with all these sites, listing each others sites on our own sites for people to know whereto go to get information on all of the varied knowledge to do their crochet in the best way possible.

There is so very much info online that anyone can learn crochet or get better at it for free, and with the help of others who've been at it longer, or who have more time to research. So, the link for my blog site is below my posts on here as my signature, so please try to at least stop by and look at it if you have time. I didn't mean at all to steal the thread or promote my blog site here, I just want to welcome all the new people here to this community site, and mention the blog in case you're interested. I tell my story of how and why I started to crochet, and I'd love to have others tell their stories thru my blog pages. Many people who crochet are so hooked on it, it's uncanny how many people can't get enough of it! It's truly a therapy for many of us. A lot of us just love to make things, like I've always done.

We'd never know about other crochet lovers reasons for doing crochet or how they feel about knowing this wonderful art, that not long ago was looking like it might run out of steam, then came back with a vengeance, which is a wonderful thing! A lot of people do crochet and knit, and fb pages & groups, and Pinterest shows us that a LOT of talented people are again making things that are hand crafted. There are so many things we can make for gifts, for personal use, for decor in our homes, for charities, or to make for pure fun & pleasure, and we need to spread the individual's abilities and share ideas because everyone who makes something puts their own twist on it, like a song being sung by different people sounds different because each person makes it their own.

Ok, I'm outta here. Again, welcome, stop by often...you'll be glad you did!

13. Likes Susan2014, Barbara G., spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy welcoming people into the group. I remember when I first joined everyone made me feel so welcome like i was a part of the family. That was the first time that has ever happened to me. I had joined other groups in the past where they just tended to ignore you so I finally just left them. I love this site and all the people on it. I just want to say welcome to all the new people I may have forgotten. There are days I just don't feel myself and either i don't read through all the posts or I don't get on at all. There have been times I have read them but just didn't have the energy to write anything. The people on here are just wonderful. This group is just like one big family and I hope that all the new people out there enjoy this group as much as I do.

15. Likes Susan2014, Barbara G., spoula liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all of you new members!!! Everyone here will make you feel so welcome and right at home. I know they sure made me feel that way when I joined. Now, we're all like a big, caring family. New family members are always welcome!!! The best part is that there are never any family "squabbles"!! How great is that!!
    So, again, WELCOME!!!! We're glad you are here!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

17. Likes Barbara G., spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Anaisa! I hope you're doing FABULOUS!