Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand it is hard--went through it with my husband. Praying for strength for you and your husband.

2. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is some improvement but not much. He is still running to the potty. Has eaten some but not much. Drinking plenty of water. I called the Dr. and they said to bring him in. He is weak and couldn't walk all the way in to the office. No wheelchair available. They said if he couldn't come in to go to the ER. Well, that place was slap full. Waited over 2 hrs. By this time is was afternoon. He had not eaten or taken any of his meds. He signed himself out & went home. He did eat a little. The PT came later. I had already talked to him & he was aware of the situation. His BP was low, so I was glad he had not taken his BP meds. The oxygen level was ok. His color did not look as good as it should. Later, the home health care nurse called to say she will be here tomorrow. I explained things to her. The only thing I can do is call 911 if things get worse. He ate a little. I gave him the other meds but not the BP ones. His BP had come up some & looked better. Pulse rate was still high. I put the oxygen on him & he fell asleep with it on. I hope tomorrow is a better day. I just wish I knew why he is feeling & acting this way. There has to be a reason. Thanks for listening to me ramble, I'm just worried & feel helpless. Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. I pray the others on here having troubles are doing ok & getting better.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl, my prayers are going up for you and your husband! I pray God brings a miraculous healing to your husband. And I pray for rest, comfort, and peace of mind for you. Take care of yourself so you don't get down too. I hate cancer! My mom's got breast cancer now too. Just had a mastectomy. Will have to have chemo. Will see oncologist the 28th of July. My heart goes out to you! Crochet on!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are back in the hospital. Home health nurse came this morning. His BP has been low & pulse rate so very high. She agreed about calling EMTS She called his Dr & he said the same. They did a CT & it shows an inflamed colon so there has to be an infection there. More antibiotics I just hope it's not Cdiff. That is some nasty infection to deal with & harder to treat. It can be deadly if not treated. Working in the assisted living facility,as I do, I have seen & dealt with it. He was slightly dehydrated also, due to the diarrhea. Fingers crossed & prayers this will take care of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there. I understand how nerve wracking it gets and racking your brain to try and help them. Your doing a great job. I know when my husband was sick we talked but he didn't let me in to have a heart to heart talk. Lord please heal her husband and give her peace and strength to help her husband.

7. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    keeping you in my prayers...

9. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is confirmed it is Cdiff. Got him on the right Meds now to treat it. You have to wash hands, gown up & put gloves on before going into room. I told him this is some serious stuff to deal with. The best place is right here in hospital. It's very contagious & don't want to spread it around. I am having the carpet cleaned Friday. I will feel better about that. I am off Friday & the weekend so maybe I can try to relax a bit. I am wore out. LOL Thank you all so much!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl, I'm so sorry to hear about the infection. I'll pray for healing. My dad had west Nile virus then it damaged his heart, he had surgery to fix a heart valve, then he got mersa, then an infection called VRE (vancomycin resistant entericocci[can't pronounce it let alone spell it.] They couldn't find where it originated from. They backed it off but could never get it. Unfortunately with other complications he passed. I've also had a cousin pass from infections received after having a procedure in a hospital. They can beat this, but be obsessive with cleanliness for his sake as well as yours. We also had to gown up, masks, gloves,etc. Though a healthy persons immune system should help keep them from getting it. Take care and try to get rested up. (I know it's easier said than done). Blessings to you and your husband.

12. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband

14. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope things get better for you. It's a situation that just sucks. I have never been through it, but just reading about you makes me feel for you. I would like to make you something special. If you give me your name and address I can mail it to you once I finish. Let me know if I can, I will give you my email. God be with you and your husband.

Crochetsoup.co.nf

16. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post