Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Tell Us About Yourself

I'm very interested in knowing about my CT friends and their lives. I've made so many online friends here! I know all of you have had fascinating lives, and I'd like to learn more about you.

I'm a single mom of 2 now grown boys, they're 21 and 24, I completely raised them by myself as I have no family here in Alabama (they're all mostly in South Carolina). I've been divorced over 20 years and moved to Alabama from California when I was going through my divorce. I'd lived here as a teenager. I grew up an Army brat and moved around a LOT throughout my childhood. It was a crazy life and I wanted my boys to have a real hometown, and they do!

My mom taught me how to crochet when I was 7, and she also taught me how to arrange flowers, including Ikebana a Hawaiian style of flower arranging (we lived in Hawaii when I was a kid). I've always been passionate about all kinds of crafts. In addition to crochet, I love making all kinds of wreaths. I've also made jewelry with glass beads combined with old vintage costume jewelry from the 1940s and 50s. I recently painted several old wonderful jewelry boxes I bought off eBay and I embellished them with vintage jewelry. I used to have an online business where I sold old estate costume jewelry. In addition to working full time, I did that for several years and I loved it! I've bought all the stuff to make a wide mesh ribbon wreath, I just need to look up the instructions online. The ones I've seen at craft shows are so pretty! I've also got several rolls of fabric tulle to add in with the mesh. I've made several large silk flower arrangements and I've tried to teach myself how to knit. I'm not at all very good at knitting. It's difficult for me to find the patience to learn it lol.

Tell us about your life. I really want to know!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for telling us about yourself. Ill go tomorrow. Have you seen this wreath from Mikey at crochet crowd. Two things you enjoy...yarn and wreaths.
    Please Tell Us About Yourself-screenshot_2015-04-04-23-27-55-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Debbie! It's beautiful!

Shelley