Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 149 of 157 First ... 4999139147148149150151 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I haven't been around. Things are really crazy at my house. My friend & I "adopted" a homeless couple last week. They're currently staying at my house. I also have my friend and her boys staying here because they do not have electricity at their house, which is another long story. Tomorrow, we plan to spend the day trying to get people whatever help is available to them. I don't know all of their issues, but I'm not sure how employable they are. I think we have some challenges ahead of us. Your prayers would be most welcome.
    Jenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdysart View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around. Things are really crazy at my house. My friend & I "adopted" a homeless couple last week. They're currently staying at my house. I also have my friend and her boys staying here because they do not have electricity at their house, which is another long story. Tomorrow, we plan to spend the day trying to get people whatever help is available to them. I don't know all of their issues, but I'm not sure how employable they are. I think we have some challenges ahead of us. Your prayers would be most welcome.
    Jenn
    Prayers are being sent up to you. I know God will bless you for what you are doing and I know He will help you through. I haven't been on much either as we moved into a bigger place and then I got sick and now trying to work on making Christmas gifts, decorations for my family, and things to sell at my next year's craft shows. I am also trying to help my daughter through some issues right now also. God bless you

Post Thanks / Like
    Jpdysart,
    I'll say a prayer for you and everyone else in your household! And I pray your homeless couple will be back on their own two feet and returning the favor to someone else in need! I pray your friends will get their electricity back on also! You are such a compassionate person showing and using the gift of hospitality and generosity. May God bless you for your love and care!! Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone...I just wanted to say "thank u for being a friend" It seems to motivate us when we know that someone, somewhere out there cares enough to drop a line, or call and above all say a special prayer for you....have a pleasant evening my dear friends...
    Last edited by Bennie; 09-27-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdysart View Post
    Jenn
    I wouldn't want to guess if this homeless couple are nice to the core or will come back to bite you, if you know what I mean. Remember Elizabeth Smart? Her mother hired a homeless guy to help him out. He later returned to the house and kidnapped their daughter and abused her for about 9 months straight! He raped her everyday! She was rescured in our town of Sandy Utah thanks to some policeman and a person who saw the couple on the street with her. I'll pray that this couple are nice and just needing some extra help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I wouldn't want to guess if this homeless couple are nice to the core or will come back to bite you, if you know what I mean. Remember Elizabeth Smart? Her mother hired a homeless guy to help him out. He later returned to the house and kidnapped their daughter and abused her for about 9 months straight! He raped her everyday! She was rescured in our town of Sandy Utah thanks to some policeman and a person who saw the couple on the street with her. I'll pray that this couple are nice and just needing some extra help.
    The only people who have ever screwed me over are people I knew before they came to stay with me. Children are more likely to be abused by a family member than by a stranger. I'm not the kind of person who can not help someone if I have the ability because of "what if."

Post Thanks / Like
    Jpdysart I have to say your very brave and have a deep faith. God Bless and keep and God help you sort this all out. God will bless you for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning...I hope that all of you have a very pleasant and productive day..gonna grab a cup of tea and start typing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie Ann, that's exactly it. I feel like it's my purpose in life to help people. I was homeless once, years ago, and no one helped me. If it's within my ability, I will do so, because I know what it feels like. It's a long story to go into, but I know that my children have God's hand of protection over them, so I do not worry. Trust me, tho, when I say that if I felt like there was any danger to them, I would take care of it immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like God has given you wisdom and a good heart. Glad you are using what you went through to make this world a better place instead of being bitter. God Bless and keep you. Will be looking forward to meeting you when God calls us home one day when our work here is finished. Hugs