Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie Ann, I will absolutely pray for your family as well as all other families that are struggling to be good parents and role models for their kids in this world of iffy morals and anything goes attitudes. I was fortunate to have been raised in a loving home even if at times it was tough. As life will be. Love to all. Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Friday morning!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    They are beautiful...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone..I hope that all of you have a relaxing weekend...as for me I work from home as a medical transcriptionist..start around 4 every morning with a cup of black coffee, and really enjoy being apart of this family..saying prayers for all...ttyl

5. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    SusanS.S. I am praying for you. Linda glad your mom is doing well. Pixie Glitter have a safe trip. God Bless you all and give you His strength and Joy. Ladies I am asking for anyone who wants to pray with me for our grown children and grandchildren to make it through this season in America of anything goes. I am praying they grow strong in their faith and really get to know God so they can make it through this world --to be strong, honest people and will grow up to be good parents to their children and teach them right from wrong--strong in faith and moral values.
    I second this request! I truly believe that these are the last days before Christ comes back. It's predicted by Prophets of God that he will come back as the days of Noah, when they were unawares that the flood was coming! He will come as a thief in the night! Two men will be in bed; one will be taken and the other left to be burned! These days you have to wonder why are two men in bed? Not a good thought in my estimation, but that's what the scripture says!

Here is the reference! Luke 17:34
    34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Here is the inspired version of that scripture: 34: I tell you, in that night there shall be two in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Now I wonder, why would someone change this scripture and add the word men? Shame on that person who changed the scripture to cause confusion and frustration!!
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 07-10-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is beautiful Carynjoyb...

Post Thanks / Like
    Having toast and scrambled eggs with my coffee today. Mom goes to see the surgeon today. She still draining pretty good from her surgery site so I imagine they will leave the drains in longer. I have to keep track of the millimeters. I've never had to take care of them before, so a learning experience but not bad, just different. Nurse Linda :-) Just need a cap now! Ha! We are having some lovely rain showers this morning. It was getting dry again. So sad for people having flooding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning everyone!

I've been in South Carolina almost a week, visiting my family. I have to drive back home to Alabama today.... I hate to go. I always cry when I have to leave. And I dread the 400 mile drive. I always bring my 3 doggies with me and it's such a long drive for them in the car.

I've been crocheting my brains out, working on mom's afghan, while I've been here. I was really hoping to finish it, but no such luck. I'll take it home with me and finish it there. It's turning out so nice, and it's going to be BIG! And she'll LOVE it!!

I've had a wonderful time here with my parents, my sister and her family. I hate living so far away from them. Well, I guess I need to go and start packing up my car for the trip. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Shelley
    Shelley, I was hoping you would call me if you were nearby again, and all times are generally up and down for me so it would have been k to get int touch! I always make time for friends, I would have loved for you to stop by for a visit, you were so close already and I had no idea you were coming for the 4th!

Have you ever lived here in S.C.? I know once your kids grow up they have their lives where you are usually and you don't want to leave them. A few months after my father died, I turned17 and moved away from my family to go to school and begin my career in engineering, which I loved until I was no longer able to work at age 40. I would say that was the highlight time of my career too, so it was awful to lose that part of my life. That lead to a lot of hard changes in my life, but life goes on so I kept living it with the changes.

I had my kids here, about an hour from my family, but one hour away makes it harder to visit them when life is at full force, it's not like you're close enough to 'stop by', and mostly everyone expected me to go to them and rarely came to visit me. But my kids lived here, they had their kids here, I never planned to move back to the town I was born in and I actually only lived there for 5 years of my life,
    ages 12-17, so this area is home for me and 'my family'.

Hope you had a good trip home! You could have gone to the fabric/yarn discount store with me if you'd come yesterday or thru Sat. Maybe next time you can stop by on your way back home or something! This was the weekend for the public to go to the wholesale fabric warehouse where yesterday I bought 2 skeins of multicolored 3 ply pastels to go with some solids of those same colors that I already had. Now I have enough to make a cool summer top, so I'll be giving that a try now!! The skeins were 5oz each and cost $2.00 each! Mine is generic but beautiful and soft, and I know the ply by measuring it on a ruler, plus I can tell my comparing or just by looks now. They had Vanna White Lion Brand Glamor in black onyx for $1.00 per skein and on their site it's $4.69. Last month I got 5 oz of Lion Brand cotton for $1.00, that is usually a lot more but not sure exactly how much, either way, not $1.00! It was worth hobbling on my aching legs & feet out in the heat to get yarn I need for such a low price I don't buy up a lot that I don't need because I just spend the lowest amount possible when needed. Such good bargains are a thrill! Have a great weekend everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Shelley, I was hoping you would call me if you were nearby again, and all times are generally up and down for me so it would have been k to get int touch! I always make time for friends, I would have loved for you to stop by for a visit, you were so close already and I had no idea you were coming for the 4th!

Have you ever lived here in S.C.? I know once your kids grow up they have their lives where you are usually and you don't want to leave them. A few months after my father died, I turned17 and moved away from my family to go to school and begin my career in engineering, which I loved until I was no longer able to work at age 40. I would say that was the highlight time of my career too, so it was awful to lose that part of my life. That lead to a lot of hard changes in my life, but life goes on so I kept living it with the changes.

I had my kids here, about an hour from my family, but one hour away makes it harder to visit them when life is at full force, it's not like you're close enough to 'stop by', and mostly everyone expected me to go to them and rarely came to visit me. But my kids lived here, they had their kids here, I never planned to move back to the town I was born in and I actually only lived there for 5 years of my life,
    ages 12-17, so this area is home for me and 'my family'.

Hope you had a good trip home! You could have gone to the fabric/yarn discount store with me if you'd come yesterday or thru Sat. Maybe next time you can stop by on your way back home or something! This was the weekend for the public to go to the wholesale fabric warehouse where yesterday I bought 2 skeins of multicolored 3 ply pastels to go with some solids of those same colors that I already had. Now I have enough to make a cool summer top, so I'll be giving that a try now!! The skeins were 5oz each and cost $2.00 each! Mine is generic but beautiful and soft, and I know the ply by measuring it on a ruler, plus I can tell my comparing or just by looks now. They had Vanna White Lion Brand Glamor in black onyx for $1.00 per skein and on their site it's $4.69. Last month I got 5 oz of Lion Brand cotton for $1.00, that is usually a lot more but not sure exactly how much, either way, not $1.00! It was worth hobbling on my aching legs & feet out in the heat to get yarn I need for such a low price I don't buy up a lot that I don't need because I just spend the lowest amount possible when needed. Such good bargains are a thrill! Have a great weekend everyone!
    Hey Susan, what's the name of the fabric yarn warehouse that you go to? What town is it in? My mom is a serious quilter, she makes beautiful quilts. Plus, she's a fabric hoarder, like I'm a yarn hoarder LOL.

I hadn't planned very long in advance to go to South Carolina for the 4th of July holiday. I decided a few days before I left that I just didn't want to stay home by myself for a 4 day weekend. I'd like to plan to go back over Labor Day weekend. Maybe I'll be able to stop by and visit with you then? It's always so crazy once I get to my parents' house, and my time gets eaten up very quickly. I spend a lot of time with mom and dad when I'm there, and my sister and her family, too. They all live in Simpsonville. How far away is that from where you live?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    What is generic yarn? Is that a cheaper yarn?
    Jean Marie