Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly I know what you mean. Mine is just a little different. I have family around but right now I am going through that. I have started feeling scared again and don't really know why. It might be because all the bad things that are happening in the world. And my kids and grandkids have to live in it alot longer than myself. I am already on depression pills and I don't want the doctor putting me on any more. So I am just going to try and wait this out with the Lord's help. The Lord Bless and keep you.

Post Thanks / Like

Tea for Sure

Morning Coffee....Or Tea-double-crochet-ribbing-2-jpgMorning Coffee....Or Tea-dsc00023-jpg

I have recently switched to having tea in the mornings. I will on occasion have a cup of coffee. It seems that I have lost the taste for it in general.
    I have found that I have been very busy with my crafting. Crocheting, knitting, quilting and planning. I am also making "Toothbrush Rugs" (rag rugs with fabric strips) and teaching them in my LQS.

3. Likes Ladyella liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, ladies. I haven't been online much lately. We had a somewhat eventful start to our week. Somebody left the door or gate open, and our dog got out in the front yard Sunday afternoon while we were out at the gym for a little over an hour. One of our neighbors picked her up and took her to the shelter. As far as I know, she made no effort to figure out where the dog belonged. Thankfully, we were able to get her back Monday afternoon. The shelter is closed Mondays, but they let you make an appointment to retrieve your pet. She's over five years old, and we've had her since she was four weeks. This is the first time she'd ever been with strangers. We're thankful nothing worse happened. I'm going to make sure to get her a new tag with our phone number on it tonight.
    I haven't been doing a lot of crocheting. I finally finished my Tunisian square, though, and I got the design cross stitched on it. I found a video on YouTube for it, but there are still going to be a lot of ends to weave in, and the back stitch outline is making it pretty messy on the back. I'm still pretty happy with it, tho.
    Got a couple of 12" squares in the mail yesterday from our Facebook square swap, that's always really fun! I'm going to send out mine tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
    JennMorning Coffee....Or Tea-image-jpg

5. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Afternoon!
    Carynjoyb, love your work, very nice!

Jpdysart, what a sweet dog!!! I'm so glad you found her.!!! I would be devastated if my dog wandered off.

Just to fill everyone in, my mom's breast biopsy showed positive for cancer. She will have a total mastectomy on the left side this coming Monday the 6th. She's taking the news well so far. Other tests have shown she is clear everywhere else, praise the Lord!!! Please keep us in your prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, sorry to hear about your mom. Will keep her in our prayers!
    The kids really got an earful about not opening the front door or the gate to the yard. They have no reason to be in the front yard, anyway. She was a little traumatized from her adventure, but she's back to her normal routine.
    Jenn

8. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has breast cancer, and that she'll have to have surgery. Thank goodness it hasn't spread. Still, I'm sure it's a scary thing for her to have to go through, and you too.

May I ask how old your mom is?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Jenn, I'm so happy to know you got your baby back! It may have been a good thing that your neighbor took her to the shelter, instead of someone else finding her, and keeping her for themselves.

Yes... you really should get her a collar tag with your phone number on it. I did that for my large standard poodle, Cody. They have a machine at Pet Smart where you can make one up yourself. I had his name put on one side, with my address and phone number on the back. Last Christmas, we were visiting my parents out of state and he opened the gate himself, and he got out. We drove all over the neighborhood calling his name. About 6 hours later a guy who lives up the street called me, at midnight. He found Cody in his backyard and put him in his garage. If Cody hadn't have had that tag on, I don't know if we would have ever found him!!!!! Our doggies are our babies!!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like

My Cody

Here's a photo of my sweet Cody. He's a 10 year old standard poodle and he weighs 90 pounds! I've had him since he was a puppy. He's my sweet boy.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-img_0145-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

My Girls

Here are my 2 girls, they're both rescues, they're from the same rescue, they're "rescue sisters." I've had them 3-4 years now. I call my Pekingese "Bug" and my little Corgi/Pomeranian mix is Maggie May (named after the Rod Stewart song), I call her May May. No one at the rescue wanted her because she was born without a tail. People can be so cruel. Bug got lost in the terrible tornadoes we had here in north Alabama in 2011. She ended up at the rescue and they never could find her family. She's terrified of men, all men, even my grown boys who are the sweetest guys ever. Obviously, she was abused by a man in the past. Poor little girl....

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry.... i forgot to post their photo lol
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-img_0149-jpg