Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning everyone, I've been working on my round baby afghan this morning. We're getting a break in the awful heat this weekend, the high today is only 83.... instead of 100. Ugh, I hate the hot summers in Alabama. It's my least favorite time of the year because it gets so unbearable, and seems to last forever.

I'll be spending the weekend alone, with my crochet. I live alone and sometimes it gets very lonely for me. I don't have any family here and my grown sons don't live here either. Oh well. I guess I'm just feeling lonesome today and missing my family. I get depressed very easily and I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself today.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Shelley
    Gee Shelley ...send some heat and sunshine my way!!! Were are in the 50s yesterday. I went to an outdoor graduation party in Skinny jeans, and a sweat shirt! It has been raining on and off here for almost 2 weeks. My grandson wants to go swimming (he is from South Jersey where there are sandy beaches and the weather is much warmer) but I keep telling him that it is too cold out, besides the fact of the rain.

I sometimes wish that I can have some alone time. Being that I was a homeschooling mom...I never had alone time...unless I got up at 4 am!! which I often do. Find peace in yourself and do the activities you enjoy. Don't stay home if is bothers you. Go to the park or a movie or even a restaurant. Take up nature journaling....I love to do that when I get the opportunity to just sit at the park with my husband and grandchildren.....although my grandson is quick and has to be watched continually. I designed a website that explains how to do it ....although it is designed for homeschoolers ....adults can glean from it too. NATURE JOURNEY - Welcome ....you don't have to be an artist to do it...I can't draw for anything....but I am on my third journal since 2001! I love looking back at them, almost like reading an old diary but about nature and your surroundings. ....lots of fun...
    ~smile....you will definitely feel better~
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Hi Shelly...Wish you lived close and maybe we could do lunch. I live in Louisiana and my daughters all live close by. I am legally blind so I don't drive but I dont let my vision cripple me...sometimes it causes a few tears to flow but oh well...when u are feeling low drop me a line..Bennie
    Wow...Bennie...legally blind! God bless you for being able to crochet all those hours!!!!

I once had a ballet student who was legally blind. She insisted that I keep her in the front line....I often wonder if she just wanted to be in the front of the class next to me or if she really needed to see me better. But she did well in any case. She was 8 at the time...a real cutie...
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! It s Sunday here. I want coffee... may be in 3 hours. I am on diet and eat by schedule = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone!
    It's 65°at 7:15am. Suppose to get up to 94° today. Yesterday other than cooking for my family and working on some laundry, I didn't do much else except rest. I'd planned on a nap but as soon as I crashed on the couch my sister needed me to come get her. She was taking one of our wheat trucks for my cousin to dump wheat in so we could have some of his seed wheat to plant this fall. It has been so hot and dry. My plants are scorched and I can barely keep up the watering. This is another African violet that we have blooming.
    Attachment 12763

5. Likes Ladyella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning...I read the post abt cross stitching. I am working on crocheted afghan for my family reunion. I drew a tree on a square and am in the process of cross stitching it in. It is certainly messy on the other side so I am going to cover it with a square. Cdnt find a good cotcheted tree pattern.

I certainly hope everyone has a quiet peaceful Sunday...

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if I want coffee or sleep at this point...

8. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda you flowers look AWESOME♥ you take you photos beautifully and present the images of the flowers as if you could reach out and touch them!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like

well I'm behind again

Hi everyone, welcome to the new and hello to the old. I've tried to catch up reading all the post, but I've decide to forget it and jump right in , as usual. Hope I end up the right way,Lol.
    I see Linda is still posting beautiful flowers, many have family and friends have illnesses of some sort, much the same here.
    I see we still are giving weather report, and we all have such different kinds of weather. I haven't sat down and had coffee for a while.
    I sort of crocheting??? Well I continue the baby blanket in between. I can not seem to settle down, I go from on thing to another with crocheting ,uh, whatever. I tried to make a sweater like cover that would go over a plain tank top, made a mess of it. I think I want to do something and when I do, I want it finished so I go to fast. I'll probably post it as another OOPS!
    Our weather is for ever changing. We are at the top of Tornado valley so we don't usually get many, so we have had a couple (not close to me) so the weather people discuss this at nauseaum, I sure don't envy those down south where you get them. Any way we have had a few days of sever intermittent rain/hail/sun. The temperatures are finaly hotter, between 20c (68f) and 30c (86F). We got hail yesterday for 15 minutes it looked like it was snowing.
    A friend of our comes over everyday and we (John, Helen, me) go walking every day we are at the 2K mark, and each day we go one house farther.we use our walking sticks.
    My daughter has moved back home she needs some help, and she will help us ,too

Well my coffee is cold so I will say good bye and maybe see you tomorrow.

11. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    This is the ripple baby afghan I'm currently working on. I'm about halfway finished with it. I'll either give it to my sister (who is trying to get pregnant again), or keep it for my future grandbabies.

Shelley
    Gorgeous!Beautifully done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Linda you flowers look AWESOME♥ you take you photos beautifully and present the images of the flowers as if you could reach out and touch them!

I've missed you Ladyella! I hope you're doing well...

Shelley

14. Likes Teri liked this post