Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 85 of 157 First ... 3575838485868795135 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    My targa top comes completely off the car. It has buckle latches at the top of the windshield. It's really a two person operation to take it off unless you're a big hunky guy. I can either stow it in the trunk or leave it on the garage floor, lol. So you can see the reason I don't take it off if rain is in the forecast.

I really like the sound of your Buick Regal. Someday I'll buy a car that has a back seat. My car is a two-seater. For convenience sake I drive hubby's pickup truck most of the time.
    A buick Regal!! I have one too ...it is a 2000 one and it is really ready to bite the dust. All the lights are on on the dash and then all the dash is suddenly gone blank with no lights on hardly at all. I need a different car now! I am taking it into the shop Tuesday to find out what is going on with the motor. It sounds like it is missing on some of the cylinders. It just chugs along and sounds like it will die any moment. If it does I will be stranded!! I wish I could afford to buy a good used car but I can't! I do like mine if it would run like it should. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    A buick Regal!! I have one too ...it is a 2000 one and it is really ready to bite the dust. All the lights are on on the dash and then all the dash is suddenly gone blank with no lights on hardly at all. I need a different car now! I am taking it into the shop Tuesday to find out what is going on with the motor. It sounds like it is missing on some of the cylinders. It just chugs along and sounds like it will die any moment. If it does I will be stranded!! I wish I could afford to buy a good used car but I can't! I do like mine if it would run like it should. Love, Patty
    Patty, I also have a Buick Regal, it's a 2012. And I love love it!

I hope a mechanic can figure out what's wrong with yours, and that it won't cost very much to get it fixed. You definitely don't want to be stranded. It's not safe for a woman to be stranded with a broken down car.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa! I just wanted to share these pictures of mom's cockatiels. The first one is the female, Gracie and the second one is the male, George. George didn't care to have his picture taken. He hissed at me. Gracie was fine taking her picture. They won't let us handle them. Though I think Gracie might with alot of work.

Attachment 12598

Attachment 12597

4. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Their so cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Susan! The female's one foot was deformed at birth. It's a knobby stump with no claws. She get along with it though. She's never known any different. Mom just adores and dotes on them! (I guess I do too!) (Ha!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have 3 cockatiels and they were all very tame. We'd let them out of their cage and play with them on the floor. I had their wings clipped so I could take them outside, which they loved! They were a lot of fun. My boys were very little at the time and could handle them. They were always very careful. Sassy wasn't very smart.... She'd fall off her perch and look around like what happened? LOL

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Shelly, glad you don't take anything off of anyone. It doesn't matter whether you have a college education or not. Your as good as anyone. I had the same thing with my first husband but it wasn't about education. All the boys in the family were real nice looking,. My husband was always putting me down because of my looks. We were married 9 years. My second husband was great to me he thought I was beautiful. He died in a drowning accident and I buried him on our 5th anniversay.
    After my first husband I never let anyone put me down again. I guess we get smarter as we grow older. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we could handle them. They would sit outside the cage but we have a dog and cats. They have gotten out occasionally when mom forgot to close the cage door. Our dog didn't bother them but I just don't trust the dog. We have to put on oven mitts to pick the male up, he'll bite the heck out of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Good for you Shelly, glad you don't take anything off of anyone. It doesn't matter whether you have a college education or not. Your as good as anyone. I had the same thing with my first husband but it wasn't about education. All the boys in the family were real nice looking,. My husband was always putting me down because of my looks. We were married 9 years. My second husband was great to me he thought I was beautiful. He died in a drowning accident and I buried him on our 5th anniversay.
    After my first husband I never let anyone put me down again. I guess we get smarter as we grow older. Good luck.
    Janice, I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your first marriage. Men can sometimes be so mean to us women, in what seems at the time to be subtle ways. We're not stupid. We know what they're really thinking, and what they really mean with their sly looks and comments. And thankfully, you and I learned from our personal experiences to never ever let anyone treat us like that again.

Are you getting settled into your new apartment?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice and Shelly Janice that was really mean of him. Why did he marry you if all he was going to do is put you down. I didn't realize it but I started thinking back over the years and I think looks meant alot to my husband too. When I was thin and he was heavier didn't bother me because I loved him anyway. But finally between him on my case and my thyroid and menapause I just gave up and put on weight. Looks really matter to men but to be fair --I suppose some women can be picky too. I guess it is the personality. My mom could be hard on my dad sometimes. Oh well my dog likes me.