Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 84 of 157 First ... 3474828384858694134 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter--Sorry to hear how your in-laws treated you. My in-laws made you feel like you were always on the outside. They don't realize how much you miss when your not willing to give and take a little. Your wedding sounded delightful. They should have been happy your not lazy and was willing to pitch in like that. The important things don't have a price tag. I decided I was going to let it be a good lesson for me how not to be a mother-in-law. Two families are being joined and each has their own way of doing things--the one coming into the family should be made to feel at home and the family should be open to suggestions. As long as both parties don't make it impossible --like being totally selfish about everything. It would be good for everyone to read about different personalities. God Bless and take care.

2. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter, I wouldn't have taken that kind of treatment not only with my in-laws but, with anyone! Coming together with two families don't always work. Sometimes, it's better to keep both families apart so that there aren't any hardships between the two families. Just my thoughts, Scooters

4. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello this Sunday morning! I wish you good health and happiness == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

I see you all are having summer temperatures ...except us...it is just about getting into the 60's here! Yesterday at the wedding it wasn't long before I had to put on a sweater, since it took place all outside.

The wedding was very nice, very simple and sweet. It was held in a park with a pavilion that had a kitchen...It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining the entire time, just a bit chilly and a bit breezy. But other than that it was perfect. All the food was homemade. I made 10 pounds of hummus! But there was tons of other stuff all made by women who attended the wedding. It was a true lovely country wedding ...with mountain scenery and farmland in the distance ...very beautiful and excellent choice of place to have it. It is funny since the park in in the next town and I have never been there in the 8 years I am living here. I is a great place to bring my grand kids while they are here in the next few weeks.

The little flower girls dresses were crocheted by their mom! The bodice was a shell stitch and the skirting was long netting....almost like a netted tutu! all the way to the floor! The flower girls were 2 sisters that the bride used to baby sit. They were just adorable! I have attached a photo of the brides maids...My daughter is to the left of the bride...the long dark haired Italian looking one with the flower wreath on her head like the bride's....the littlest flower girl is standing in front of my daughter, she also has on a pearl necklace..... they just all looked so pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-bridal-party-jpg 
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    Pixieglitter, I wouldn't have taken that kind of treatment not only with my in-laws but, with anyone! Coming together with two families don't always work. Sometimes, it's better to keep both families apart so that there aren't any hardships between the two families. Just my thoughts, Scooters
    The coming together of 2 families is a very interesting thing....

My family is very Italian...well Italian from North Jersey...these are a special breed I must say. My oldest daughter married a guy who is of mixed nationality. Irish, German, English...... and many other European nationalities all combined into one ...but not a drop of Italian blood. When they were first married he could not understand why we were always yelling at each other and talking at the same time...Now this never occurred to me as this type of behavior is normal....for Italians when they are together....LOL ...no one listens to any one else and every one talks at the same time...in a loud volume...with their hands. To say the least it took a while for this very reserve guy ....and his very reserve family to get used to the normal Italian culture!!!! and traditions...But after 13 years of marriage I have to say...he is still trying to understand.

So ...yes it is hard putting 2 families together ...everyone has different traditions, different cultures, different ways of doing things....but as long as the bride and groom get a long...that is all that counts and no one should interfere
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! Hope this Sunday is a restful, rejuvenating day for you all! At 7:10 this morning it's 69°, with a nice breeze. When I took the dog out it would have been so delightful but the mosquitoes are swarming, even after spraying some. Suppose to get up to 94° today and it's been right on the money as they say. Humidity has been what's making it harder to stand 73 % humidity with 40% chance of rain, which we'd prefer would pass us by.

Teri I love the picture! The dresses are adorable!! You have a very lovely daughter! I'm glad it was nice for the ceremony! Beautiful wedding party!

Shelley, so sorry about you having to live with in-laws like that. My family on my Dad's side were and are always jealous of each other and everyone else. I can only be around them for a certain amount of time. They are back-biting, selfish people. It's hard to be around them with their 'better than you attitude'. My brother-in-law was swathing for a neighbor and had been doing it for a long time to supplement their income. My cousin went behind my brother-in-law's back and told the guy he would fix his swather for him then he would do his swathing for him. Not very nice, but my cousin is always doing stuff like that. If we would have stooped to that level and done something like that we'd never hear the end of it. Anyway enough of that.

Here is a close up of my sister's pansy that's blooming in a pot by her door.

Attachment 12593

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Fascinating photos, Teri. It looks so realistic.
    (And she's wearing my favorite nightgown, LOL!)
    Thank God ...I thought those pictures were real and that she had been hurt really bad. They are not real , right? Please tell me they are fake! OOOH it hurts to look at them!
    By the way I am only on page 17 (I think) ... I will never catch up with my reading! Love, patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone!

It's another awesome day off from work for me and I'm excited to start working on more downsizing and organizing in my home. After all the work I've done, I'm finally starting to see some results. I worked on organizing my kitchen yesterday and it looked mah-velous when I got up this morning to make my coffee. I have another huge pile of hefty trash bags in the middle of my living room full of items to donate. I'll call tomorrow for another pick up of donation items.

I'm getting rid of a huge majority of the things in my house, even some furniture. I'm not going to have very much left, only the things I actually need and use. I've been drowning in "stuff" for the past 4 years, ever since I moved in. I am only keeping my favorite things, and things that have sentimental value.

I'm getting rid of everything from my "old" life. I went through a lot 4 years ago and I'm finally recovering from that sad time in my life. I feel like I'm finally able to breathe again.... It's time for a new beginning....

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Shelley

12. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri, the wedding photo is stunning, beautiful ladies. Your daughter is gorgeous! And yes, she definitely looks Italian LOL.

My ex-in-laws are also from northern NJ, North Bergen. They were all educators, my ex-father-in-law was a school superintendent on Long Island. They looked down on me because my dad was in the Army when I was growing up. We moved around a lot and lived in the housing on Army posts, not in a big house with a swimming pool like they had. They also didn't consider me "good enough" because I didn't have a college degree, and they all did. Plus, I wasn't Catholic which was just about the most terrible thing to them. They would all go to Mass together and leave me home alone. I was never once invited to go with them. It was awful having to be around them all at family gatherings.

Back then, I was young and dumb. I would NEVER put up with that kind of treatment today!!! But I really didn't know any better at the time. We were only married 5 years. It was a strong lesson for me about how not to treat others, and how I refused to be treated again, by anyone.

Shelley

14. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Gorgeous hair! Very pretty how your daughter fixed it for the wedding.

While I think of it, Teri, who is the dancer in your avatar? Is it you?
    Hi Teri, I really love your long hair. I always wanted long hair but mine was naturally curly so I have always had a pretty bushy head of red hair.Now I color it when I can afford it and probably should stop that because my hair is getting pretty thin. If I stop with the color it will be totally white. It has been that way a time or two. Love, Patty