Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 70 of 157 First ... 2060686970717280120 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Let's see now! I read the posts and learned the following and I hope got things straight for the last week;
    Teri, dance recital, chickens, dog and court,
    Linda D. Mitzner, worrisome weather and gorgeous Lilies, lilacs that Charyle likes,
    Kites on this someplace,
    Scooter with shoulder injury, ? surgery done, now onto physio. Trying to upload photos, I had difficulty at first as well!
    Cooking at home, going out to restaurants, Poiniciane has a site that tracks restaurants for their quality,
    Pixiglitter ?DATING, WOW, sound like something I glad I don't have to go though.LOL.
    Donna unplanned retirement, great as long as you find something to do

SORRY IF I MISSED ANTONE!!

My post; The 16th of May (may long weekend) we had a beautiful day with temperature about 65, Sunday it rained all day turning to sleet and SNOW over night. It's been a cool week but temperatures shot back up to the & 70's and are still there. My husband had cataract surgery with lens implant so his vision has improved 99%. If there is a cancellation in the next few weeks they will call him for his other eye. He drove me nuts prior to the surgery, this is normal for him. I have been crocheting doilies and learning about filet crocheting. Went to a music event at church where a group called REWIND was playing. They played 50's, 60's and Doo Wop. Where does the time go. I agree with Scooter things are hard to put together if you miss too many days. Anyway, have a great weekend!!!
    Great re-cap Ladyella!
    You do a good job of catching up...I like that....
    We had a pretty cold week too here, but yesterday was pretty nice. Sunny. I did need a jacket though. I am looking forward to a beautiful day here today. Possibly in the 70s. Memorial Day here in the states, and everyone will be having BBQs, so good weather is a necessity.

The concert sounds like it was fun.....and husbands tend to be that way when they are not feeling well...at least mine is...LOL
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi,
    I know this thread is about coffee or tea but if you want some chocolate milk then pour yourself a glass of milk and put in some Hersheys chocolate syrup. Stir and Enjoy!
    LOL.....nooooo it is not about coffee or tea...it is about getting together and enjoying each other's company.....drink that chocolate milk ...just enjoy being here...Hershey's chocolate and milk remind me of when I was little and my mom would give it to us to get us to drink our milk...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Hello ladies, I'm late posting this. My sister came and got me to help clean the church. Parishioners take turns and this is my sister's month. I help her and she helps me when it's my turn. Goes faster that way too. Actually I'm still drinking coffee now at 1:50 pm. Decaf but it's been raining here all morning and still going at it now, with thunder boomers. Temperature is 59°. It's my turn to be liturgist at church tomorrow. I don't have to prep much because I have done this on and off for our church quite a few years (12 or so). Can't remember exactly. I've slept several times since then! Ha! This was my one and only tulip that bloomed this year. I had several but a gopher had got into them and I thought they were done for. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. Take care everyone!
    wow that is a tulip? beautiful! looks like more of a daffodil sort of flower family.
    It is nice to have someone to help you clean the church....the time goes quicker and more enjoyable when you have company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey ladies, wow what a productive day I've had! It's Saturday so I didn't have to work. Actually, I have 4 days off in a row. I'll go back to work on Wednesday. Yay!

I cleaned out a spare bedroom and bagged up FOUR hefty size bags of clothes to donate! I also boxed up lots of other things, too. I'll do another room tomorrow. I've got way more than 4 big bags of clothes in that room that need to go. It's unbelievable the excess clothing I have. It's all beautiful stuff, but I just can't wear it all.

It's a beautiful day here in north Alabama, sunny and around 80 degrees, very low humidity, nice breeze.... My lawn guy came today and now my yard looks awesome. I think I'll make spaghetti for dinner tonight. Yummy!

My son is working and he'll be so surprised when he gets home and sees how much I got done. We have a plan on Monday and Tuesday to go through my big "storage" room and donate about 80% of what's in there. It's a huge 400 square foot bonus room that's packed full of large furniture and boxes of stuff that just don't fit in my little house. I can barely walk through it, it's so packed full of stuff. My sons call it my "hoarder room" lol. I downsized big time when I moved into my little house 4 years ago. My boys were living far away and I just didn't have any help for me to get things in order the way I want them. So I'm excited to finally get to get it all done!! I've been waiting 4 years to get all this done. Finally.

It's sooooo nice having my son Kevin back home with me. He's 21 and works at Cracker Barrel. He's been back living with me for a week now. He has big plans to live in my big bonus room once we get it cleaned out. It has it's own separate entrance to the outside and is right off the kitchen. It's totally perfect for him!

I hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Shelley
    Ohhh Shelley I am so envious of you being able to clean out....my darling daughter is home from college since 5/13 and I still have her stuff all over the place. She keeps her dorm things in plastic tubs. So I have 3 stacked high in the kitchen and I use that for counter space. A mini fridge under my kitchen window with her dorm lamp on top if it. A micro wave (which I don't even know how to use) in a box in the living room with 2 other crates on top if it and 2 more tubs of her things in the living room...I can't even tell you what she brought into her bedroom!!! I won't go in there...

It is nice having adult children around ...for company....mine certainly don't make things easier...well wait ..my son is here he just takes over the cooking and cleans up after himself too....I guess it is just habit for him since that is what he does day in and day out at work...well maybe not clean up after him self at work. They have other people who do that he just cooks...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning everyone! It's an overcast day at 55°, rainy again. Having my coffee with cinnamon toast.
    Shelley, I pray your sister is hanging in there, she's been on my mind, I'm still praying. Hugs!

Teri, I hope your recitals go or went well!

Suzanne, I pray you have a successful surgery this coming Thursday. I pray Jesus be with you and guide the doctors, technicians, and nurses. I also pray you have minimum pain during recovery and therapy. God bless!

Good to have you with us DonnaB!

Jean Marie, my sister loves chocolate milk! As do I! She had to have some every evening when she was younger.

Ladyella, glad your husband's eye sight is improved with the procedure! Sounds like you had a nice time at your church's music event! I love to crochet doilies!

Here is a picture of our lilacs that bloomed earlier. Everyone have a nice holiday weekend!
    I LOVE lilacs and they smell just wonderful!!!

The recitals are this up coming weekend 5/30....so you will be hearing of more progress or failure ALL week LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    Their beautiful Linda. It's in the 50's here in wisconsin and it started to rain. Glad I started as early as I did. I planted one bush in my flower bed--moss roses--marigolds-lemon grass- moved a few plants--so that one is done. Started on the next one and got a few marigolds and moss roses in and some weeded. In that bed my missouri primroses -asiatic lilies --iris--ground gerainum--saliva-- and I will put some brown eyed susan's in the back. 4 more beds to go and than my garden only putting in tomatoes and pickles. In the flower bed I finished I have iris-hen and chicks--moss roses--marigolds--ground roses--missouri primrose-saliva--clematis (7 vines assorted colors) cone flowers--balloon flowers- and a hydrangea bush--lavendar. God's blessings to you all
    Ohhh Susie Ann your garden is going to be beautiful this summer!!! I love lavendar!!! and also primroses...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

I missed being here yesterday morning. I woke up about 4 and wanted to go back to sleep but I was too restless. So I went to the living room couch and put on a dvd of my favorite show F*R*I*E*N*D*S. and I was asleep in minutes! I can watch that show with my eyes closed and imagine the scene as I listen to the dialogue, and before you know it I am asleep. But the problem with that was I slept until 7. Then I had to rush around to get things done. So no computer time yesterday morning.

I hope you all have a day off today, on this Memorial Day.....I am off on Mondays anyway...so no different for me. I am planning out door cooking and relaxing. It better be nice out. As of right now we have clouds and unfortunately it looks like rain!. But ya never know.

My nerves will be at end all this week with the recital on Saturday. Can't wait! I just love the recitals and the kids all dressed up and showing what they have learned all year. To me it is the best day of the year!!!! I see my projects come to life! Can't think of a better day all year.

I hope you all enjoy your day, talk more tomorrow....
    my coffee is cold now...LOL

Teri
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-crochet-3-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter, I'm glad that your son is with you. What a "BLESSING" for both of you Scooters

9. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    Pixieglitter, I'm glad that your son is with you. What a "BLESSING" for both of you Scooters
    Thank you Scooters. Having my son, Kevin, back home is truly a blessing for both of us. He's only 21 and he's been through a lot over the past few years. Way too much for such a young man to have already lived through. He's back home to heal his spirit, and his heart. He's such a joy to be around. When we're not working, we spend a lot of time together just laughing and telling stories. He's remembering the good times in his life and the fun he had when he was growing up. And I'm remembering the fun I had raising him and his older brother.

Shelley

11. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a fantastic relationship you both have. God has surely Blessed You! Scooters/Suzanne

13. Likes Teri liked this post