Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 52 of 157 First ... 242505152535462102152 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beckypatt View Post
    I have never participated in this thread; it looks like most of you are retired and I have yet to have that luxury. I have at least another 10 years before I can retire, but am willing and ready. I miss so many opportunities to spend with my 3 1/2 year old grandson, it makes me sad. I grab the time when I can.

I am enjoying my coffee at my desk and taking a small break to try to get involved more with crochettalk and some of the conversations. I am excited that I have some new swap partners this month for granny squares and will be getting those out soon.

I would love to hear from any and all of you and get to know you better. Talk to you again soon, let me hear from you. Becky
    Becky

So glad you joined us!

I am Teri and I have been told I like to talk..LOL...I am not retired and I suppose it will be a long while until I do...well, as long as I can stand up anyway. I am a dance teacher and I love my job. I teach Classical Ballet, tap, jazz, acrobatics, musical theater, lyrical, and Hawaiian. My dancers are all under the age of 18, but I don't teach anyone under 6 currently since there are 2 other teachers who do that.

I live in a rural farming community, in Central NY. In the western part of the Catskills. Our winters are hard but our summers are glorious, a bit too short but green and beautiful. I am a Jersey Shore transplant where the summers are hot, humid and full of tourists! Here in Central NY. Pittsfield to be exact, we have nothing but cows and horses and now an Amish community. I joke and tell my New Jersey family and friends that traffic here is a tractor, behind an Amish buggy and me trying to get to the dance school! LOL

I spend time on social media (here and FB) only in the morning hours as I drink my coffee....then not again until the next morning, unless there is a dancer situation and they are trying to reach me. The kids know they can always get me on messenger on FB if they have a problem. I stay access to them for any reason. Dance, school, boyfriends, or not being able to make class.

So Becky....in any case...grab your coffee and talk with us! Tell us more about you!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Teri wrote:

My husband was just saying yesterday that he wanted to get a pressure washer to do the siding on the house....funny you should mention that LOL

----------------------------------
    Get him one for Father's Day. They are so useful and make cleaning driveways, patios, and the siding so easy and fast! I bought mine online from Home Depot ... free shipping, and perfect for what I need. I have the driveway, sidewalk, and three patios I clean with it.

I found out the "boo hoo" way to use just a regular old garden hose to clean the El Cheapo plastic lawn chairs. The pressure washer took the protective coating off them and I had to repaint them.

This is the one I have: (I highly recommend it)

Simpson Honda GC190 MegaShot 3100-PSI 2.5-GPM Gas Pressure Washer-MSH3125-S - The Home Depot
    Ohhh thank you for the great Father's Day idea....excellent! Hahaha "El Cheap plastic lawn chairs" ....I had some of those...I left them in NJ when I moved here to NY...now we sit on folding camp chairs when we are outside....Hahaha...I guess we are a bit country now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Hi, Becky! I'm so happy you joined us here at Teri's Place! Don't be a stranger and jump in wherever you wish. We have a good time here and talk about everything and anything to our heart's content. We share so many things.

Have a lovely day!
    LOL "Teri's Place" now now now....I just like to talk with you girls every morning...geee....I only get to talk with kids everyday...well except my husband...hmmm yes kids...LOL and soon my daughter will be home from college....more kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Hi everyone, welcome Becky, I missed the morning and afternoon coffee break, so I added my story to the Picture board. I'm still laughing!! Pressure washers, I guess men all have their toys too! Teri, what do you mean your talkative THIS morning? LOL.
    HAHAHAHA....Ladyella...now I am laughing out loud...my husband in the next room is going to think I am nuts!
    Last edited by Teri; 05-07-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

Looks like a pretty day today. I need to try to get outside and pick up all the sticks that fell over the winter...well not just sticks, branches...it happens every winter. Since the snow is finally gone now I see the mess that was under it.

I am trying to latch on to another crochet project and have several started but as I loose interest, in each one, I circle back to the beginning one. After that 4 1/2 month ordeal with the Wedding Band afghan that I told you all about, I am sort of lost as to what to work on.

I made a crochet hair band from #3 cotton thread, to wear with my pony tail to dance class, and some of the older dancers (high schoolers) saw it and wanted one. So I made a few of those. I started a Sophie (I suppose you must have seen the latest crochet rage Sophie's Universe) have gotten to about round 20 something and I keep loosing count of my stitches so I keep having to pull it out to a point...so that is annoying me. I bought a pattern for a beautiful Native American looking poncho, started that about a month ago along with making the Wedding Band afghan...I made one panel of the poncho and lost interest. I better get back to it since the patter cost me about $6.50 and the cotton yarn about $30.00...nothing like wasting money, ya know?

So this dance season is winding down...I have the rest of this week and all of next week of classes, then the following week is filled with rehearsals for scenes and the like. The week after that is 2 snow day make up classes that I saved for just before the show for extra practice. On May 28 we move into the theater for stage rehearsal. The performances are on the 30...there are 2 a matinee and an evening performance. Then the week of June 1 we begin the first part of summer class. I do get a break the first 2 weeks of July.After my break we go into 4 more weeks of summer class and a new season begins after Labor Day! And we do it all again!.... and my husband wonders why I fall asleep in front of the TV every night!

Have a wonderful day and I will talk with you all tomorrow!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Good Morning!

Just a few notes . . .

The weather is gorgeous and it's running a tad cooler than it had been recently. I should have realized that those high 80s, nudging into the low 90s, meant something was going on... of course, the tropical low off the coast was firing up
    and I didn't recognize the signs!

Teri, thanks for the info about the tofu. I'm going to pick some up at the store tomorrow and give that recipe for the baked strips a try.

Linda, the photos of your irises are superb. They are beautiful flowers. I guess we don't grow those here because I've never seen irises in anyone's landscaping. The colors are just so lovely to see!

I've spent some time doing more research on the Kindles (and Nooks) but I'm going to give them a pass this time around. Hubby and I have been on a 'mission' to read all the books in the house before getting any more and we have plenty of them to read. Once we've both read a book it goes into a box and I take them to the Salvation Army. I estimate that I've gotten rid of about 100+ books so far in 2015! It's mind-boggling, though, to picture in my mind being able to cart around a 1,000 books at a time in a little gadget. LOL!

Now how to handle hubby's obsession with saving great stacks of Hot Rod, as well as every motorcycle mag on the market...no hope of diminishing that little annoyance, his collection is not to be tampered with. Never, Ever!

I saw your photos of your yarn tangle, LadyElla. Too funny, kiddo.

Have a safe trip to South Carolina, Shelley. If we hadn't bought this house to stay close to our families we would have most likely bought in South Carolina. We started our married life there and I've always wanted to live there again.

I've finished my coffee. Talk to all of y'all soon!
    Last edited by Poinciana; 05-07-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all! As I'm sipping my coffee and reading your post I'm a little later today. Yesterday our United Methodist Women toured Greensburg,and saw all the new green improvements since the tornado wiped out the town years back. There was a sample house built in the round with thick concrete walls and a concrete roof that can withstand a car being dropped on it. Yes they tested it. Car are often part of the flying debris in tornadoes of that size. The tour guide said the only thing standing was the grain elevators which are made from the bottom up in cylinders out of thick concrete. Our church helped in the clean up after that tornado by working in the Methodist hot foods trailer feeding hundred and hundreds of residents and clean up crews. Our women have cleaned and organized the trailer when necessary. There were bad storms yesterday in KS,OK, NE, etc... And predicting more late afternoon and evening storms. Lots of KS areas had flooding too. We missed it all here where I live. Here are a couple more pictures.Attachment 12375Attachment 12376
    Last edited by Linda D. Mitzner; 05-07-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda D. Mitzner. It's raining here which we need. Usually in spring we fighting floods! Anyway I wanted to let you know the I pinned your Lilies to my Pinterest account.They are so beautiful.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

9. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana wrote:
    >Teri, thanks for the info about the tofu. I'm going to pick some up at the store tomorrow and give that recipe for the baked strips a try.
    >I saw your photos of your yarn tangle, LadyElla. Too funny, kiddo.
    >I've spent some time doing more research on the Kindles (and Nooks)

I hope you like Tofu ...it is so versatile and healthy, no animal fat which means no cholesterol.....let me know and I can flood you with recipes.

Ohhh I didn't get the see Ladyella's yarn tangle...I would love it! I am in a yarn tangle much too often LOL

I have a Nexus7...made by google...and it is with me all the time. I don't normally use it for reading books unless they are reference books like dance stuff or crochet stuff. (It has a Kindle App.) I use it to text while I am at home since we are in a dead cell phone area, (text through wifi) and mostly I use it for work....All my dance music for all my classes in on it. I do have back ups in case of a problem. I have my music also on CD and my Ipod. I also have a camera and video app. But I love my Nexus7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Hello all! As I'm sipping my coffee and reading your post I'm a little later today. Yesterday our United Methodist Women toured Greensburg,and saw all the new green improvements since the tornado wiped out the town years back. There was a sample house built in the round with thick concrete walls and a concrete roof that can withstand a car being dropped on it. Yes they tested it. Car are often part of the flying debris in tornadoes of that size. The tour guide said the only thing standing was the grain elevators which are made from the bottom up in cylinders out of thick concrete. Our church helped in the clean up after that tornado by working in the Methodist hot foods trailer feeding hundred and hundreds of residents and clean up crews. Our women have cleaned and organized the trailer when necessary. There were bad storms yesterday in KS,OK, NE, etc... And predicting more late afternoon and evening storms. Lots of KS areas had flooding too. We missed it all here where I live. Here are a couple more pictures.Attachment 12375Attachment 12376
    Gee Linda....living in a tornado zone really would scare the heck out of me...It sounds so devastating. Living in NJ most of my life hurricanes were the worst, and I was gone by the time Hurricane Sandy devasted the Jersey Shore....a lot of my town was flattened. They are still rebuilding there. Here in Central NY...it is just snow snow snow...God bless you and your area!

and as usual....your irises are gorgeous!!