Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 34 of 139 First ... 2432333435364484134 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning my Crochet Friends

Ohhhh nooo....snow today and tonight and tomorrow!!! When will this ever end! Well they are just saying snow showers and 1/2 inch accumulation...but gee it is April 23!

I am on part 3 of Sophie's Universe and so confused! I may just rip it out and start something else!!! I am so disappointed. Maybe I just don't have the head for it right now. Have any of you seen this project or started one? It is so beautiful but I think I didn't count right. The stitches are easy but it is one of those patterns if you don't count correctly it messes it all up.

Your thoughts?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Good Morning my Crochet Friends

Ohhhh nooo....snow today and tonight and tomorrow!!! When will this ever end! Well they are just saying snow showers and 1/2 inch accumulation...but gee it is April 23!

I am on part 3 of Sophie's Universe and so confused! I may just rip it out and start something else!!! I am so disappointed. Maybe I just don't have the head for it right now. Have any of you seen this project or started one? It is so beautiful but I think I didn't count right. The stitches are easy but it is one of those patterns if you don't count correctly it messes it all up.

Your thoughts?
    SNOW again? Winter is hanging on by a toenail, isn't it.

Why don't you put it aside for awhile and you may get back to wanting to continue. You never can tell. If you don't go back to it just write it off and do something else.

Post Thanks / Like

It may not be morning here, but .....

It's only about 11:30 am in Shanghai!

Just finishing out two days of gloomy, rainy weather! It has been so hot this past several days with the highs reaching into the low 90's. I don't mind the rain. However, I don't like to drive in the blinding, tropical downpours that come along during the summer months, but this rain was just sprinkly enough to be what some people consider miserable. It helps the lawn and flowers and makes everything pretty to look at.! Some areas got more rain than that, though. I've often wondered why heavy rainstorms with lots of thunder and lightning seem to happen at the times people are driving to or from work and when the school buses are taking the kiddies home from school.

See you all soon! Sweet dreams, everyone! (It may be 12 noon now in Shanghai, but it's 12 midnight here.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post

Just finishing out two days of gloomy, rainy weather! It has been so hot this past several days with the highs reaching into the low 90's. I don't mind the rain. However, I don't like to drive in the blinding, tropical downpours that come along during the summer months, but this rain was just sprinkly enough to be what some people consider miserable. It helps the lawn and flowers and makes everything pretty to look at.! Some areas got more rain than that, though. I've often wondered why heavy rainstorms with lots of thunder and lightning seem to happen at the times people are driving to or from work and when the school buses are taking the kiddies home from school.

See you all soon! Sweet dreams, everyone! (It may be 12 noon now in Shanghai, but it's 12 midnight here.)
    What is with the interest in Shanghai? But that is interesting.... is it across the International date line? Sooooo it is tomorrow there? Too confusing for my little brain to wrap around.
    I can't even imagine 90 degree weather right now...It seldom reaches the 90s here in July! I was just telling Sonetta that we got snow all day yesterday and last night and even right now it is snowing!!! just only 1/2 inch on the ground....but that is too much for April 24th!

Oh wait I get it .....it is `12 noon in Shanghai ....that means it is still morning there? so it is still Morning Coffee???? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post

Poinciana, I'm in North Alabama and we got the most horrific thunderstorm with a southern downpour of rain, last week. I had to drive all the way to work in it, when it was still dark outside. Scary stuff to have to drive in! I hydroplaned twice where the water was in the road, and nearly wrecked my car. I just couldn't see it until I was right in it. The rain was coming down so hard, I couldn't even see to pull off anywhere.

I should have waited to go into work. But I didn't. Very stupid on my part. By the time I got to work, 45 minutes later, I was a total nervous wreck. Those southern downpours of rain aren't anything to mess around with when you have to drive. No kidding!

Shelley

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I am finishing runner.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello. I am finishing runner.
    Larisa.....you are fast crocheter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, had my morning coffee and read my bible and devotions this morning. I have my grandson with me again till tomorrow sometime. It is a little chilly out and supposed to rain but everything is in bloom and looks so beautiful. I did the dishes and after bit I am going to start another crochet project. I just haven't made up my mind exactly what it will be just yet. I am running out of yarn so I can't make anything real big. I have mainly been doing doll clothes and accessories, scarves, coasters, dishrags, washrags, playfood, and other small items that don't take up a lot of yarn. I hope I can find some more at the garage sales this summer. I might do some embroidery too after while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Hello everyone, had my morning coffee and read my bible and devotions this morning. I have my grandson with me again till tomorrow sometime. It is a little chilly out and supposed to rain but everything is in bloom and looks so beautiful. I did the dishes and after bit I am going to start another crochet project. I just haven't made up my mind exactly what it will be just yet. I am running out of yarn so I can't make anything real big. I have mainly been doing doll clothes and accessories, scarves, coasters, dishrags, washrags, playfood, and other small items that don't take up a lot of yarn. I hope I can find some more at the garage sales this summer. I might do some embroidery too after while.
    Good Morning Sonnetta

Those smaller items are great to use up small quantities of yarn!

I would love it you can send some of your weather my way ....we had snow yesterday and last night when I came out of the dance studio at 9:00 the ground was snow covered with about 1/2" and still snowing this morning!!! No flowers here yet except for the little snowdrops the bloomed last week. Some green grass though...and the trees are just about to bud...so there is hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

Well my coffee is cold right now....and I normally don't drink more than one cup in the morning. But in any case, if is Friday...and the weekend is here.

I left the studio last night with glitter all over the place!!! We have a small back room where I store the props I am building and I was working on them yesterday during a 1 1/2 hour break I have, while another teacher is teaching little one. So I keep busy and work on my props. I glittered a few things to make some sparkle on the stage and it is EVERYWHERE! ....on the floor..... in my boots....in my dance bag (stupid me had the dance bag open) stuck to my ballet sweater and warm ups! IN MY TAP SHOES! I have a mess to clean today before I begin classes!!!!

As some of you may have read my earlier posts of today....yes we got snow yesterday.... last night and this morning!!!! No real accumulation but still....it is cold out, cold enough for snow flakes, it is gray out....and the ground is white!

My husband and I are going to my daughter's college to see their production of "The Putnam County Spelling Bee" My daughter is not in this one but she had costume design and construction this semester , so her class sewed the costumes. The musicals at her school are usually really professional! So it should be a fun evening! I will let you know how it was tomorrow ....in the mean time have a wonderful day!
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-9-jpg