Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 18 of 157 First ... 816171819202868118 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, my cousin had to have this done for the same reasons you are having. She had no problems she said she wished she had had it done earlier. Consider it as two weeks of some pain and aggravation and then your problem is gone. No more trying to see in the dark!!! And to top it off you will look 10 years younger. I will be watching for a new picture of you as your avatar ( after the swelling goes down) !!! Love you Winnie

2. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Shelley, my cousin had to have this done for the same reasons you are having. She had no problems she said she wished she had had it done earlier. Consider it as two weeks of some pain and aggravation and then your problem is gone. No more trying to see in the dark!!! And to top it off you will look 10 years younger. I will be watching for a new picture of you as your avatar ( after the swelling goes down) !!! Love you Winnie
    Thanks Winnie! I'm planning on having the surgery in August. I've got a big 2 week training class for my job in July, plus I need to save up enough vacation time to take the 2 weeks off for recovery. So it's gonna be a while before you see any results LOL.

How is Laura doing in rehab?? I think of her every day, and you too.

Shelley

4. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, finally ... I got the leaves done for my citrus coasters. I was thinking the coasters with a smiley face embroidered on them, and strung and tied on a crocheted cord, or even yarn, would be cute attached around the bottom edges of a patio umbrella! Or just leave the smiley face off them. Hmm, I may just do that!

I hope everyone reading here had a happy day! I hope Teri didn't come home from her first day back at work with tired muscles! A nice hot bath with lots of pretty bubbles, some dreamy music, and a small glass of spirits would be nice!

You're right on the track, Ladyella. I do enjoy my life and have always done so. As I was crocheting my leaves tonight I thought of you and wondered what you're currently working on. I know crochet has opened a wonderful world for you and may you always enjoy it!

I noticed that some of the members here are barely moving out of winter weather and seeing those first signs of Spring. It makes me remember that the worst white-out (blizzard) I ever experienced was in Wyoming! We never saw it coming. My cats were all outside and it was three days before I found them. They were all cuddled up out in the stables, LOL! The blizzard moved in so fast that there were people traveling the Interstate who were marooned in their cars. Thankfully everyone came through okay. I was always so thankful I had done a big grocery shopping the afternoon before the storm came in. And that was in mid-April !!!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    And it is a lovely morning, too!

There's so much good stuff to read here ... and thankfully, no gloom and doom, but then, I haven't seen or heard any news yet. We had a joyous Easter.

Wow, an Italian dinner at Teri's! It surely did sound very yummy. Your son must have gotten his basic training from his mama. How wonderful to have a genuine Italian chef in the family, too. I've been wanting to make some penne alla vodka all this past week but don't have the prosciutto or cream to do it.

Walmart open on Easter? LOL...it's the bottom line that matters, not respect. Everything is always open around here, around the clock all year long. With the exception of Christmas. Christmas is the only day that a good 80% of everything, including restaurants, is closed. Makes it nice for the employees. In my mind, Easter is the day all should be closed. Easter is the most important of the two holy days. As Teri said, it should be called the Resurrection.

Since I last wrote here I have remembered I saw Wicked at the Au-Rene Theatre at the Broward Center a few years ago. That's where I also saw Cats. The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is a fabulous complex with the Au-Rene Theatre reigning as the crown jewel. Pippin is playing there now. There are two ballets coming up this year, Teri. Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale is an adjunct to the Broward Center but located in a different area. The Parker presents the Nutcracker every Christmas season, which is nice because school groups get to experience it and possibly instills something wonderful in their minds that will inspire them.

Teri, your daughter has mapped out an exciting future for herself! Gee, where did she get her love of the theater from? (Excuse me a moment... Franklin Thomas Cat, aka kitty, is begging! LOL!) I'm back. I love your tale of your seeing so much on Broadway!

I have to run right now. I have an appointment to get my hair trimmed. Every three weeks or it gets out of shape and I feel like a scarecrow.

I may be back later. And hopefully tonight I'll give the leaves for my Citrus Coasters another chance to bloom under my crochet hook!
    I think that homeschooling my kids brought out their talents...When the kids were small..I made EVERYTHING from scratch, from baby food on up. I would wake every morning to start my bread, and mix and knead it by hand. I was so Laura Ingalls it was pathetic. I still do most of my food from scratch but I have a bread machine now LOL
    So I believe that my son seeing and helping me all those years has given him his passion for cooking. Penne alla Vodka....he makes that every day!!!

I would have so loved to see Wicked!! Maybe it will come to the professional theater here in Utica. Cats is another favorite of mine. I have never seen it but my daughter has. I have seen the dvd of the London cast and used some of the materials in past dance recitals. My daughter helped me research how to paint unitards and we had a unitard painting party for the dancers. They each put on their unitard and another dancer painted cat markings on it. We had so much fun! Then they had to stay in it while it dryed. They then took home the unitards and decorated them with fur and marabou pieces. We did a couple of songs from the musical .!...the dancers loved it...

I used to belong to a regional ballet company....a company of dancers from a particular area and not belonging to one school. My ballet students were a part of the company. We would present the Nutcracker every Christmas and would hire the principal dancers...the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavelier, from NYC to do those parts. All the rest of the cast came from our company. The balletmistress was from NYC also and would come out every Sunday to give the kids classes. She was from Russia. She was once a principle dancer of the Kirov Ballet.
    I would rehearse the kids in what ever she taught them. It was great training for me to work along side her. I would someday love to present my own Nutcracker. The stageing and choreography is a cinch for me now but it costs lots of money to build the props....that is the draw back...
    Last edited by Teri; 04-08-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Teri, the surgery I'm going to have is eyelid surgery and they'll probably do a mini brow lift too, out of necessity. It's basically a cosmetic surgery, but for people like me (and both my parents) my eyelids are looking droopy. When I'm really tired, they almost cover my eyelashes. It affects my vision, like I have a hood over my eyes. When I pull them up it's almost like someone turned on the lights and I can see perfectly, and not feel like I'm looking around in the dark. I'm 52 so they're not really bad, yet. But I know it's only going to get worse as I get older. The 2 week recovery is because of the terrible swelling. You have to sit up to sleep for the first week and keep ice packs on your eyes. It definitely doesn't sound like fun, but I'm willing to endure it.

I hope y'all have had a wonderful day!

Shelley
    wow Shelley ....sounds intense... but necessary for sure..I wish you lots of luck with it...When will you be doing this? Keep us posted !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just would like to share with you all what my daughter does at college...LOL...being a theater major/dance minor...she has to learn all the aspects of theater. This semester one of her classes is make up...She sent me these photos late last night...well scared the ****out of me because I was half a sleep! Just want to see what you think.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-mic-accident-class-1-jpg Morning Coffee....Or Tea-mic-accident-class-2-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My Goodness...those pictures came soooo big...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Finally, finally ... I got the leaves done for my citrus coasters. I was thinking the coasters with a smiley face embroidered on them, and strung and tied on a crocheted cord, or even yarn, would be cute attached around the bottom edges of a patio umbrella! Or just leave the smiley face off them. Hmm, I may just do that!

I hope everyone reading here had a happy day! I hope Teri didn't come home from her first day back at work with tired muscles! A nice hot bath with lots of pretty bubbles, some dreamy music, and a small glass of spirits would be nice!

You're right on the track, Ladyella. I do enjoy my life and have always done so. As I was crocheting my leaves tonight I thought of you and wondered what you're currently working on. I know crochet has opened a wonderful world for you and may you always enjoy it!

I noticed that some of the members here are barely moving out of winter weather and seeing those first signs of Spring. It makes me remember that the worst white-out (blizzard) I ever experienced was in Wyoming! We never saw it coming. My cats were all outside and it was three days before I found them. They were all cuddled up out in the stables, LOL! The blizzard moved in so fast that there were people traveling the Interstate who were marooned in their cars. Thankfully everyone came through okay. I was always so thankful I had done a big grocery shopping the afternoon before the storm came in. And that was in mid-April !!!

Thanks for thinking of me and my first day back...a little sore but the bath would have been nice along with a glass of Merlot! But ...I came home tired ...ate my supper and fell asleep in front of the tv...LOL

I would imagine the a Wyoming bizzard must have been really something! The snow we get here, and that is a lot, would not even compare to a blizzard in Wyoming..I understand that their snow storms are pretty dangerous!

The idea for your citrus coasters sounds really creative...hanging them around the umbrella...I think that will look very festive! Glad you were able to do those leaves...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning! I'm headed off to work in a few minutes. I've got an all day training class today, to better learn how to use Excel. This month, I'll be taking 2 more Excel classes. I'm excited because I use Excel every day at work. It'll help me to better be able to do my job. I'll learn how to do pivot tables, graphs, etc. Sounds complicated LOL.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    wow Shelley ....sounds intense... but necessary for sure..I wish you lots of luck with it...When will you be doing this? Keep us posted !!!!
    Teri, I plan on having the surgery in August. I've got a big 2 week training class to attend the end of July, and I want to have it after my class.

13. Likes Teri liked this post