Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Larisa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Linda, I am on here for a little while this AM. This computer is new to me and having problems already to get things to open. I was wondering if you ever made dolls of hollyhocks to float in water? I did this as a little girl and haven't done it for years. We would cut a full bloom off leaving a short stem and put a bud on top of its cut off stem for a head (like a pointed hat) then set them in a bowl of water on the table. they would last a while and were so pretty. Just wondering.... XOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what a beautiful mrning ...

.... oh what a beautiful day. I have a beautiful feeling everything's going my way!

Morning Coffee....Or Tea-goodmornsunrise-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Patty! I've heard of doing that but haven't ever done it. My hollyhocks are done blooming now. I could send you some seeds if you like. Just private message me with your address. I've got larkspur seeds and sweet rockets(woodland phlox) seeds too. I've only got a few things blooming. And some have been eaten off by rabbits.
    Attachment 13368

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Nice flower
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning! Drinking my coffee with some caramel creamer and having apple, cinnamon oatmeal. So far mom is handling this chemo treatment alot better. Yeah! Hope it continues! My sister and brother-in-law will be here for lunch. She's working ground and he's working on his swather. This afternoon they will help mow our churches cemetary. Where my dad was laid to rest. It's going to be a hot day.and breezy. Enjoy your Saturday!
    Attachment 13373
    Last edited by Linda D. Mitzner; 08-29-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ladies! I haven't been on in a while. Got too much on my plate. Sorry to hear people have been sick. My prayers are with you.
    My exchange squares are late, I feel like a jerk. I'm trying to bust them out really quick today. Did two yesterday. I really want to sign up for September, since it's the last exchange for the year.
    We started homeschool this week. Kiddos are doing really good, tho their workload is pretty heavy, since we're trying to accelerate their "school year" to finish by Thanksgiving. We're getting Liam an exercise ball to sit on. He has ADHD, and he has a hard time staying focused.
    My laptop is broken. Somebody spilled something on the keyboard. Hubby ordered a new keyboard for it, but it's going to be a while, it's coming from China.
    I bought the pattern for my daughter's Christmas gift this morning. She wants the Doctor Whooves stuffies from The Nerdy Knitter on Ravelry. I bought the 10th Doctor first, since it's the one she likes best. I'll get the 4th Doctor after I've finished the other one.
    I spend too much time on Facebook, lol, so it's taking me a long time to get anything done.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Jenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Jenn glad to hear from you. Yes you do have a Full plate but it will pass, FB can be time consuming. I dont as much for my wrist cast is still with me, been hurting after August 4th I thought it would be better, Oh well, life is the way it is. The Whooves Im not familiar wi,th those. Will check out. Hope Liam will get use to that ball, my thoughts are with you and your busy Family.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, how has your mom been feeling from her second round of chemo? I've been thinking about her, and you, too. I hope she's been doing better with it this time, and that she hasn't been too sick.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you, Shelley! Thanks for your concern!
    Mom's chemo was a bit easier this time, but still rough. Taking extra IV fluids and taking Claritin way before her neulasta injection instead of one day before helped tremendously with her bone pain. She's a bit stronger today and will go in for another fluid and blood tests tomorrow. She's was having severe pain at her port site the last two days. They checked it to make sure it wasn't leaking but it was ok thank goodness. They really don't know why it's so tender. It works normal but moving was painful. It's some better and a bit swollen so they told her to ice it and take Tylenol above what she normally takes for arthritis. She'll have two weeks to recover and take in more fluids and hopefully rest. I'm a bit tired today and haven't done much except cook and do dishes. Losing weight has been put on hold for me right now. I haven't gained much but it's just something else I don't want to deal with now. I'm still careful but just not counting calories or exercising as much as usual. Mom had to go in every day last week so that's 40 min. one way in the car every trip. Hopefully just twice next week. We'll see. Our dog had another seizure around 12:30pm today. Nothing I can do but comfort him and hold him till it passes. This one didn't last quite as long thank goodness. I actually started a medium sized doily while setting with mom. I'm making it for our pastor. She has been supportive above and beyond! She has become a good friend to us. She lost her mom to breast cancer many years ago. She calls my mom mom too! My sister is busy teaching and helps when she can. Works in the field after school. Will be planting wheat before too long. My sister was having some female problems and was low on iron and tired from it too. But she and her doc is getting it worked out. So pray for her too. We are both going through the change. Ugh. Take care and Hugs!!!