Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    I'm trying to catch up on all your doings ... Shelley's blankies and afghans, Larissa's netting, Patty's kitties and adventures, Linda's mom and photos, Donna's cheerful visits ... etc. And my mind just went blank, LOL!

I've posted a few things elsewhere on CT. I posted the shawl, actually a wrap, on the Links and Resources board yesterday.

I had posted about my venture into doing Pixel Crochet, but after making 25 3" squares I gave it up. My plans were to make a wall-hanging, not very big, just 3 feet by 3 feet, 144 squares total, 9 colors.
    I needed 3 yellows (flower centers), then 9 bright pinks and 12 light pinks, etc. I bought all Super Saver to make it. The upshot is, even though it was all Super Saver, the yarns were different. The yellow was thinner than the light pink, with the bright pink a little thicker than the yellow, and the light pink was real thick and puffy. So I checked the rest of the colors of yarn and found they were not consistent in thickness. What a mess! The medium purple was thinner than the light purple and the three green colors were just as inconsistent. So I wrote it off as a bad venture. The squares I did complete with the ends all worked in, are now in a big ziplock along with a photo of the project, and the instructions. On its way to Salvation Army donation box. Perhaps someone else will be willing to try it!
    Photo of what I was going to make ...
    Attachment 13168.

Now I'm a new project ... next post I make.
    Poinciana, I love the blanket you have started. I love the colors. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    That looked really cute! so sad the yarn didn't work out for you. Can you return the yarn that hasn't been used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the hugs and prayers, Patty! It's amazing the conglomeration of meds she will be taking besides the actual chemo. We had chemo teaching today. Alot to take in. They gave us a notebook with everything imaginable that has to do with mom's treatments. Her port will be under the skin. I pray also that mom gets along ok with no complications. Mom already has kidney disease, Parkinson's, Irritable bowel syndrome, bladder incontinence. Like she really needed one more thing. But God in His wisdom will be there with us through it all. Getting old is not for sissies! This will definitely be a learning experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...that is beautiful...

Post Thanks / Like
    No one has posted here for 4 days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Poinciana, your blanket is gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job putting all those little squares together. I know it was a lot of work. I love all the colors you used.

Shelley
    Thanks, Shelley, but that's not the one I was working on ... which I stopped because of yarn discrepancies. But I'm going to be using the same photo to make a wall hanging but I'll be using raw silk fabric and quilting it. It will be 3x3 feet when completed. I'm 'window shopping' for the best deal on getting the colors of silk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Sorry your project didn't go well. Super Saver constantly experiments with their yarn, I have some that is rubbery, stiff, soft, you name it, so the soft I keep and the stiff I was in conditioner to make it soft, and the stiff is good for handbags or flower pot covers and things like that. I wish they'd find a good formula and leave it alone. I've had some that is so soft and luscious that I wasn't sure what yarn it was even tho it has the label on it! Good luck on your next project, I'm ready to start crocheting like a mad woman soon, I had to slowly and tediously unravel some ribbing that I was going to use on the bottom of my top but I didn't like it so my pattern is changed, but word of warning to all - ribbed crochet stitching is AWFUL to frog so be careful where you use it and be sure you don't plan to undo it!! My leg is healing nicely and the pain in it is gone, thank God for that!! I never dreamed the surgery would go so well, but that horrible pain in the knee was gone the 1st day, no more concrete tire around my knee area, and sSoon no more limping or walker unless it's a longggg walk!
    Hi, Susan,

That problem with the yarn was disappointing! So, I changed course and will now make the wall hanging with raw silk fabric... little 3" squares and put them together like a quilt, mount it on something unknown at the moment, and hang it in my living room, or perhaps the dining room , which are both Asian décor. (a nice change from the beach décor I had them in.)

Speaking of ribbing, Susan, I've made the Palm Beach Shrug by Doris Wolf, which has 12 rows of ribbing (Loose ribbing) at the hem, all done in HDC. It's more like a jacket than a shrug. I'm glad I kept the pattern in my printed-out files because all her designs and patterns have all been taken down. Her blog site is deleted. The Palm Beach shrug is still listed at Ravelry with a photo but has a disclaimer the pattern is no longer available. I hope she's okay. But her use of that HDC ribbing on the pattern was ingenious! The jacket is lightweight, open, and breezy, which is perfect here in Florida, especially over a long sleeveless dress in summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Good morning..I hope that all of you have a very pleasant day. I have been sitting here working for abt 4 hours now and realized that I passed on my coffee earlier but now I am gonna take a break and sip on a cup of strong coffee and do a stitch or two... take care my friends...
    Hi Bennie. Hope you enjoyed your coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Thanks, Patty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    That looked really cute! so sad the yarn didn't work out for you. Can you return the yarn that hasn't been used?
    Hi, Donna. I had completed 25 squares, finished off taking care of the ends. So I bundled them up, put a photo of the project and instructions for the square pattern I used, and put all that in a large ziplock and took the unused yarn (9 colors in all) in a bigger bag and put the smaller bag in with the yarn to keep them all together, and carted them off and donated at the Salvation Army. Somebody will maybe want to finish what I started or perhaps use the yarn for something else they need or want. I hope.