Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Ponciana, those are popular items and yours look good, I'm glad they're selling well! You might want to try the mason jar covers for looks to store things in, and also the short votive candle covers (they make a beautiful patterned glow all around when a candle is lit!) Both are fast and easy to make too! Just a suggestion
    Thanks, Susan. Thanks for the suggestions. I have a cool pattern somewhere for mason jar cozies and one for luminarias. I've just never got around to making any.

I don't make things to sell. Time is the key factor. Selling the can cozies was a chance encounter ... I told about that in a previous message to Shelley a couple of posts ago.

Usually anything I make is for the house because I love crocheting with Sugar and Cream and Peaches and Crème. I make tons of face scrubbies for myself and dish cloths. And I do intend eventually to make the mason jar cozies and the luminarias for the house. I do like your suggestions and will look into the mason jar covers ... those would make a neat gift with something yummy in the jars! Again, thanks...you're giving me some cool ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s Friday here! I am going to crochet bedsoread from #10 thread... I just need to use these. I have started it recently. Have a good day = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Thanks, Shelley. I haven't sold any at yard sales but I've seen cozies at yard sales. I have sold some but not through anything out in the public. The stuff I sold was through my husband. He meets up with hot-rodding buddies at auto shops and he had his can cozy and the guys liked it and wanted to know where he got it. When he told them his wife had made it they told him to ask if I would make them some. And they wanted red, white and blue and Miami Dolphins colors, etc., and it just took off from there. A couple of guys wanted some for their wives and girlfriends, their kids, and so on. So I made them for them and they paid $10.00 a piece for them. I put the cash in the Poor Box at church. (earning my angel's wings, lol!)

The phone pouches are a different matter because all phones are not the same size. Hubby has a small phone and I have a smart phone, and even all smart phones are not equal in size, so each phone would have to be measured and so on. That spells 'work' to me so I haven't done anything along those lines, with the exception of one guy whose phone was the same size as hubbies.

Have a lovely day, kiddo!
    You really are an angel, Poinciana. What a sweet thing for you to do, donating the money you made. You're a good woman.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! It s Friday here! I am going to crochet bedsoread from #10 thread... I just need to use these. I have started it recently. Have a good day = Larisa
    Larisa, Happy Friday!!!

Making a bedspread with #10 thread is a huge undertaking! I admire you for even tackling it. Your work is so lovely, you make the most beautiful doilies. I know your bedspread will be absolutely gorgeous!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really nice , Poinciana that you donated the proceeds from your sales.

Larisa, wow! I'd never get a bed spread finished. What an undertaking. My aunt made my mom one a long time ago. My sister used it for a tablecloth at her wedding reception. It hung over the sides so it had to be folded. It was for a king sized bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a picture of the tornado that almost got us last Monday night.
    Attachment 13033

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    This is a picture of the tornado that almost got us last Monday night.
    Attachment 13033
    Lawdy Lawdy, Linda! That tornado is big, the way it fans out at the bottom, where it's touching the ground. Devastating. Like you, we get a lot of tornadoes here in Alabama. People around here take the weather very seriously when there's a storm coming. I've never been in a direct hit, but I've heard them going over my house.

A couple years ago, I was sitting on the floor in my laundry room (my safe room, it's reinforced with rebar in the walls) during a really bad storm, and suddenly all the air was sucked out of the inside of my house. There was actually WIND inside my house, all the windows and doors were closed, and the ceiling fans weren't going, I didn't have any power at the time. The pressure was unbelievable. It scared me BIG TIME!

When there are tornadoes in the area, it's nothing to mess with. Do you have a safe room, or a basement?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, we have a cellar but the wooden stairs are broken. Tried to have it fixed by an Amish neighbor but all He did was put two 2x4' s under it and it wasn't reliable. So haven't had anyone else look at it. This time my sister loaded us up in the pickup with our neighbor lady who was bailing ditch hay at the time and drove in the opposite angle it was traveling. Watched it from start to finish. The dust aftermath fogged us pretty bad. It only traveled a little over 5 miles. Weatherman said it was an f-3 and was unusual in that it traveled from the northeast to the southwest. I'll try to take some pictures of my photos I printed off my Canon camera if you'd like to see the different stages. We've been through several close calls before but some were rain wrapped and you could hear it but not see it. This one moved slow so we had plenty of time to take pictures the move to a different place and take more. We don't usually do that. We have an inner closet under our stairs the we use in a pinch. Our house was built in 1904, then a kitchen, utility, and bathroom was added later. There is an old wash house where laundry was done.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weatherman said the base was 350 yards across, which is just short of a quarter mile wide, if I remember my math correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, you're not supposed to be in a vehicle during a tornado, if you can help it. Tornadoes can easily pick up a vehicle and toss it around. You're much safer inside your house, in an inside room in the middle of your house, that's not located near windows. When my kids were little, I'd put them in the closet under the stairs, with their bike helmets on and their flashlights. They thought it was like a fun campout, but I knew they were as safe as I could keep them.

The first thing I always do when there are tornadoes in my area is I put my shoes on. Go figure. LOL

Shelley