Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Attachment 13013

WOW!! I just caught with myself! (I don't know what this quote is referring to...can't remember...but something around page 17)) I finally reached page 84! I can't seem to make comments as go along because I am so far behind and when I get ready to write something , then I have to go back and find where I was reading. Finally I have started writing down the page I am reading. Maybe this post will show up around page 92? anyway I want to tell everyone that Saturday was the annual RAIN ride.... the Ride across Indiana....starting at St Mary's college in West Terre Haute, Indiana and 160 miles to a Unversity there very near the Ohio border.
    My son who lives in Arkansas came again this year to ride with his brother. I haven't seen him for a year! He brought his 2 adopted boys and I have had a very good time with my son but a very hectic time with those 2 boys. Never a moments peace and they are 13 and 14, old enough to know how to behave themselves while they are visiting with an 84 year old grandma.
    It takes a lot to make me mad..really mad and I totally lost it at one point and told them not to come back next year if they are going to be like this when they come. Throwing things and wrestling and tearing up the house. One of them doesn't know how to be serious...everything out of his mouth is a lie! He is always on his phone or whatever it is. Has no respect at all for me. I am not used to that. They are constantly at each others throat and I can't tell if they hate each other or what to think. I finally told him to "SIT DOWN AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" and I told him "I'M THIS FAR FROM SLAPPING YOUR FACE!" And yes I was yelling! I kinda felt bad about that but not really because something drastic had to be done before I had a heart attack! He just practically dared me to slap him and if he had been mine I think I would have done it. I know his dad didn't like the way he was treating me. None of my 3 kids ever have treated me that way. Both my boys were in the ride at that time and miles away from here and so neither was around to correct them.
    Well I am sorry I had to unload some of my frustration and now they are on their way home so I have my peaceful home back to myself. They arrived here Wednesday and left for home this morning about 5:00AM as planned. I didn't chase them off. If they come next year (If I am still around I will certainly tell them what and how they will behave in my house or they can sleep outside on the deck with the mosquitos and honey bees!
    Here is a picture of my two bikers and they came in about number 164 and 165 out of over a thousand riders.It is a ride and not a race. I hate that look on my face. It is time for a new hair-do! I hope to keep up a little better with my reading the posts! Love, Patty

PS Sorry about the picture...posted 3 times!! Oh well I guess you won't forget me will you?!
    Dear Patty, I read your post and it does sound like those grandson's need a good talking to by their parents! Have you informed their father's how they acted in your home? If you haven't they need to be involved to get those dear grandson's to behave themselves! I'm glad you stood up for yourself and let them know they should not act out when they at your home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Dear Patty, I read your post and it does sound like those grandson's need a good talking to by their parents! Have you informed their father's how they acted in your home? If you haven't they need to be involved to get those dear grandson's to behave themselves! I'm glad you stood up for yourself and let them know they should not act out when they at your home!
    Patty, that is really horrible. You should tell their father, surely he cares that his sons grow up better than that - it's almost too late to change them if someone doesn't get to them quick! You deserve peace and respect, and I'd see to it that I got it or tell them REALLY not to come back... what good would it serve but upset you again?! I hope you've forgotten it and live in your peace now that they're gone.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 07-15-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Patty, that is really horrible, I'd hate to be there myself, I'd have to let them have it, get thru to them, not beat them like they deserve, lol. You should tell their father, surely he cares that his sons grow up better than that - it's almost too late to change them if someone doesn't get to them quick! You deserve peace and respect, and I'd see to it that I got it or tell them REALLY not to come back... what good would serve but upset you again?! I hope you've forgotten it and live in your peace now that they're gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Good morning!
    Hi, same to you! I'd love to see the tablecloth and some of your doilies, can you post pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Sharing a photo with you all of a cell phone pouch and a soda can cozy I made for my husband. He carries so much junk in his pockets that I felt his phone would get dinged and scratched so I made him a pouch for it and then made a can cozy with the same yarn. The yarn I used is Lily's Sugar and Cream "Desert Rising."

The cozy is not a wrap around the can type, it has a bottom to it. It's nice for when you grab a cold one out of the picnic cooler because it keeps the dripping contained and absorbed by the cotton cozy.

And, incidentally, these make nice stocking stuffers for Christmas and also are popular at yard sales, etc. Only takes one evening to make both and people do pay $10.00 for either piece, or both for $15.00.

Attachment 13015
    Ponciana, those are popular items and yours look good, I'm glad they're selling well! You might want to try the mason jar covers for looks to store things in, and also the short votive candle covers (they make a beautiful patterned glow all around when a candle is lit!) Both are fast and easy to make too! Just a suggestion

Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 13020 This is the pic of one of my daylilies. I'm posting this picture through my phone. It worked this time who knows next time:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Poinciana, thanks for posting the link for the article on yarn twist. It was very interesting.
    You're very welcome, Beverly. Did you notice where she says that she had to use Fray Check with some yarn she was using? I've seen where some crocheters use glue to secure the ends or the knots they have in their crochet pieces, especially with the slippery yarns. So if a crochet expert like Doris Chan uses Fray Check, I guess it's okay in some yarns. Glad to know that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Love the cozy and phone wrap, Poinciana!
    Thanks, Linda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Poinciana, the can cozy and phone case are both awesome! I think it's totally wonderful that you're able to sell some of them at yard sales, $10-15 is a great price! Good job!

Shelley
    Thanks, Shelley. I haven't sold any at yard sales but I've seen cozies at yard sales. I have sold some but not through anything out in the public. The stuff I sold was through my husband. He meets up with hot-rodding buddies at auto shops and he had his can cozy and the guys liked it and wanted to know where he got it. When he told them his wife had made it they told him to ask if I would make them some. And they wanted red, white and blue and Miami Dolphins colors, etc., and it just took off from there. A couple of guys wanted some for their wives and girlfriends, their kids, and so on. So I made them for them and they paid $10.00 a piece for them. I put the cash in the Poor Box at church. (earning my angel's wings, lol!)

The phone pouches are a different matter because all phones are not the same size. Hubby has a small phone and I have a smart phone, and even all smart phones are not equal in size, so each phone would have to be measured and so on. That spells 'work' to me so I haven't done anything along those lines, with the exception of one guy whose phone was the same size as hubbies.

Have a lovely day, kiddo!