Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, what a great photo! You're a beautiful, sweet lady. I'm happy to hear you were able to find all the kittens. But, I'm sad that the other momma is missing.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the picture Redhead! Take care!

Post Thanks / Like

susan

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey Susan, what's the name of the fabric yarn warehouse that you go to? What town is it in? My mom is a serious quilter, she makes beautiful quilts. Plus, she's a fabric hoarder, like I'm a yarn hoarder LOL.

I hadn't planned very long in advance to go to South Carolina for the 4th of July holiday. I decided a few days before I left that I just didn't want to stay home by myself for a 4 day weekend. I'd like to plan to go back over Labor Day weekend. Maybe I'll be able to stop by and visit with you then? It's always so crazy once I get to my parents' house, and my time gets eaten up very quickly. I spend a lot of time with mom and dad when I'm there, and my sister and her family, too. They all live in Simpsonville. How far away is that from where you live?

Shelley
    Shelley, the warehouse is All About Fabric, in Williamston. It's a good little trip from there to here, 45 mins to an hour with no good back roads short cut. Here is a link to the place I brag about! All About Fabrics | About Us Check the heading tabs on the site to get a really good idea of it, it's huge and darn they have the yarn in the farthest 3rd section of the huge place, makes it so hard for me to get to it. I'd love for them to move it to the front section of the 3. They tell you on here what is in each section but they never mention yarn, altho that's mainly what I go there for, plus a few things like elastic, thread, and so on when I need it. It's basically behind the Mineral Springs Park, the big shady famous park in the middle of town where the historical mineral spring is... just follow the signs you can't miss it. I'd love to have you stop by here, our wedding anniv is Labor Day weekend too, 23 yrs on Sept 4th!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 07-13-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Thanks Larisa, Susie Ann, and Shelley for the encouragement. One day at a time. If I read the reports right mom's cancer is stage 2. Our county has a couple organizations that help cancer patients with finances for mileage, prosthesis, wigs, scarves, meds, nutritional supplements, non prescription drugs, some medical equipment, etc. The one we are looking into now will help up to $3500.00 a year. Things that insurance may not pay for. I'm fixing lunch for us and my sister today. My sister's plowing ground getting ready for later wheat planting. A friend of hers from school brought us a lasagna to bake today with a pan of chocolate chip bar cookies. That will be enough to feed us today and tomorrow. We have really nice people in our community and church family calling, texting, sending cards, etc. Plus I have all the sweet people on this site I call friends. We've been blessed. Linda
    Hi Linda, I hope everything is still going well with your mom, you're certainly doing a great job as a nurse! and all of the farm work too, in the heat, goodness, what a load! Maybe we can all make a square of the same size and send them to you to join for a throw? Would that be good for you, would you like it better and have more time to do that than to make a whole one yourself while you're so busy? I was going to suggest it, there are loads of square patterns online and it takes just a little time and yarn to make one. If you'd like, I'll talk to everyone but I"m sure a lot of us will see it here. Prayers for you all, love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Attachment 13002Ok girls, I have finally caught up thru page 80! Just a note to say I had posted somewhere about 2 mamma cats and their kittens 5 from one and 2 weeks later the 2nd one had 3. In the meantime my son and family left for a weeks vacation and left me in charge of feeding the momma cats. During that time the kittens were put together, 8 in one box and both momma cats feeding whoever is lucky. I pity the 3 little ones trying to get hold of a "bottle" (teat?). Also I think one of the mommas has had an accident with a wild animal of some sort. I haven't seen her for the last 4 days. And one day the 3 little ones were in the box by themselves and I didn't know where the 5 went to. The next day there was only 2 of the 3 in the box. I finally found (today all 8 are in an old cabinet near the boxes where they originally were before. They are laying on a black trash bag and it's too dark to see how many are there. Until today that is, and we heard them meowing. We went over and got down and reached in and they are ALL 8 there! One of the smallest ones was being pretty much crushed under a small bicycle wheel and we got that one out and then there was the 2nd one! I finally got to hold those 2 little ones and cuddle them. They are so cute! I hope the momma is feeding ALL of them. My son will be back late tomorrow evening( Sunday).

Also today was the RAIN ride. That is a Ride Across INdiana! (that's what RAIN stands for)We are waiting for them to get home now. That is a 160 mile ride one way + 10 extra miles from my house to the starting point this morning at 6:30AM. Start time was 7:00AM. Someone went over to pick them and their bikes back home. This is a yearly thing and it is a ride , not a race. It really is a good test of strength for them. My other son is here from Arkansas and rode with his brother in the ride. I haven't seen him for a year so it is good to see him. I will try to post a picture taken yesterday before they rode just for practice.
    Hi Patti, so good to hear from you! You sure had some reading to catch up on, isn't this fun?! I try not to get too far behind or I'll miss something, so much going on! Great picture, thx for posting about the RAIN! Great for you to see your sons! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure have missed a lot. I hope all that are ill, or Family member is will get better soon--Prayers are sent. Shelley & Susan my dear sounds like you 2 may get together one day, how nice & photos to??. Im sorry Ive not been on top of all who needed Prayers But I have you all on my Family List. I pray times a day and Rosary 4 times at least. Caregiving and no friend close to me is rough. All on here has or has a family member in a Hug need. patty you are so Pretty & look so good, Those 2 guys are super handsome. Love to all Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    hello! Just got my coffee! Have a good day!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Shelley, the warehouse is All About Fabric, in Williamston. It's a good little trip from there to here, 45 mins to an hour with no good back roads short cut. Here is a link to the place I brag about! All About Fabrics | About Us Check the heading tabs on the site to get a really good idea of it, it's huge and darn they have the yarn in the farthest 3rd section of the huge place, makes it so hard for me to get to it. I'd love for them to move it to the front section of the 3. They tell you on here what is in each section but they never mention yarn, altho that's mainly what I go there for, plus a few things like elastic, thread, and so on when I need it. It's basically behind the Mineral Springs Park, the big shady famous park in the middle of town where the historical mineral spring is... just follow the signs you can't miss it. I'd love to have you stop by here, our wedding anniv is Labor Day weekend too, 23 yrs on Sept 4th!
    Thanks for the link, Susan! I emailed it to my mom. Since she's involved in a quilting guild in Greenville, she may have heard of it. Looks like a fun place for me to visit with her next time I'm in SC.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone! Hope this finds you all well. We were protected by God last night. We had a tornado that was coming toward our house. My sister, brother-in-law, and I watched it form from a funnel to a stovepipe to roping out as it died. We had alot of dirt fall out come through after it was over. It just hung in the air.It was slow moving storm. Haven't heard if anyone was hit, but it missed our major city east of us. Got some awesome pics with my camera, a few with my phone. I'd show a pic but my Kindle won't let me access my photos from my cloud. I called to get help from Amazon but it didn't help and been too busy to try again. Mom goes to get her wound vacuum pump and drains removed at the surgeon today. This morning I have to help my sister take seed wheat to the local co-op to have it cleaned. One or two truck loads I'm not sure. It was terrible hot yesterday. Got up to 105°. My sister had to quit plowing because the tractor was running too hot.

Susan, that sounds really nice of you. You can do that if you want but everyone is so busy also. I have a doily I need to finish and I thought about making a prayer shawl for mom too. Thank you all for your care and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Coffee....Or Tea-11698693_892630484139258_1404776151515529155_n-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Thank God ...I thought those pictures were real and that she had been hurt really bad. They are not real , right? Please tell me they are fake! OOOH it hurts to look at them!
    By the way I am only on page 17 (I think) ... I will never catch up with my reading! Love, patty
    WOW!! I just caught with myself! (I don't know what this quote is referring to...can't remember...but something around page 17)) I finally reached page 84! I can't seem to make comments as go along because I am so far behind and when I get ready to write something , then I have to go back and find where I was reading. Finally I have started writing down the page I am reading. Maybe this post will show up around page 92? anyway I want to tell everyone that Saturday was the annual RAIN ride.... the Ride across Indiana....starting at St Mary's college in West Terre Haute, Indiana and 160 miles to a Unversity there very near the Ohio border.
    My son who lives in Arkansas came again this year to ride with his brother. I haven't seen him for a year! He brought his 2 adopted boys and I have had a very good time with my son but a very hectic time with those 2 boys. Never a moments peace and they are 13 and 14, old enough to know how to behave themselves while they are visiting with an 84 year old grandma.
    It takes a lot to make me mad..really mad and I totally lost it at one point and told them not to come back next year if they are going to be like this when they come. Throwing things and wrestling and tearing up the house. One of them doesn't know how to be serious...everything out of his mouth is a lie! He is always on his phone or whatever it is. Has no respect at all for me. I am not used to that. They are constantly at each others throat and I can't tell if they hate each other or what to think. I finally told him to "SIT DOWN AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" and I told him "I'M THIS FAR FROM SLAPPING YOUR FACE!" And yes I was yelling! I kinda felt bad about that but not really because something drastic had to be done before I had a heart attack! He just practically dared me to slap him and if he had been mine I think I would have done it. I know his dad didn't like the way he was treating me. None of my 3 kids ever have treated me that way. Both my boys were in the ride at that time and miles away from here and so neither was around to correct them.
    Well I am sorry I had to unload some of my frustration and now they are on their way home so I have my peaceful home back to myself. They arrived here Wednesday and left for home this morning about 5:00AM as planned. I didn't chase them off. If they come next year (If I am still around I will certainly tell them what and how they will behave in my house or they can sleep outside on the deck with the mosquitos and honey bees!
    Here is a picture of my two bikers and they came in about number 164 and 165 out of over a thousand riders.It is a ride and not a race. I hate that look on my face. It is time for a new hair-do! I hope to keep up a little better with my reading the posts! Love, Patty

PS Sorry about the picture...posted 3 times!! Oh well I guess you won't forget me will you?!
    Last edited by redhead; 07-14-2015 at 06:22 AM.