Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Just wanted to touch base with you all. It's been cooler and misty rain, expecting rain which we would love for fall crops. My mom's surgery went fine, but they had to go ahead and remove the sentinel lymph nodes because surgeon said they were cancerous too. So mom will have to have some form of chemo. She will come home today and my sis and I will have to tend to her. She will have drain tubes that we have to take care of among other things. Love the squares you are doing, Shelley! I may have more time to crochet with taking and sitting with mom when she has chemo. Will see the surgeon again on Friday. Well I need to keep going had my coffee and may have to have more to take with me to keep me going. Yesterday was a long day. Take care everyone.
    Glad to hear of your mom's news. Any cancer surgery is such a scary thing, not only for the patient but for the ones who love them and have to care for them. I pray that you have strength to get through the re coup period and the chemo period. I am keeping your mom in my thoughts....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SusansSoulShines,
    When do you have to have surgery?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jean Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi SusansSoulShines,
    When do you have to have surgery?

I'm set for Tues July 21st at 1:30. It's outpatient but I dread it... I just hope I can get more mobility in the knee area. Thx for asking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I'm set for Tues July 21st at 1:30. It's outpatient but I dread it... I just hope I can get more mobility in the knee area. Thx for asking!
    Susan, I hope it all goes well for you and that you get some relief. Facing a surgery, or any kind of medical procedure, is always scary and nerve-wracking. I really hope this will work for you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for you Susan SS I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for telling me!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Well Susan I read the entire post...LOL and I didn't finish my 24 ounce cup of coffee either LOL
    As far as the poncho goes ...I haven't given up yet, I just have been occupied with a new building for a new dance school...so I can't actually wrap my mind around the instructions. But eventually I will get back to it. But thanks for the offer to buy the cotton.

I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus in the late 1980s. I had 2 dance schools then and I was teaching all of the classes in one and 1/2 of the classes in the other. I was also in my mid 30s then. But anyway back then the re coup period was 6 weeks for me since my occupation was physically demanding. It was same day laproscopic surgery. I was out of work a week and when I went back I had to have a demonstrator in front of the room while I just spoke out my classes...That was horrible. I had torn the meniscus a year prior and would not stop dancing on it. I would come home every night from work with my knee swollen and throbbing and I had to dance with it wrapped in a heavy ace bandage that weight lifters use for support.

I understand that times and procedures have definitely improved since then and I have seen others get back to their old selves right away! So it may not be as bad as your are thinking. My knee still gives me trouble from time to time, and I don't have the mobility I had prior to the injury, but my job is demanding and sometimes physically challenging.
    Thx Teri, I've not spoken with anyone who's had this done, so thx for telling me about it. I tore mine a year ago so ours is almost the same situation except I could never dance on it, goodness, I can barely walk, but the osteoa & Fibro just make it worse. They go in from the front to fix the back of the knee, I guess they know what they're doing! Did you have to have physical therapy for it afterwards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Susan,
    I pray your surgery goes well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan,
    I pray your surgery goes well.
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    I will pray for you Susan SS I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
    Thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Susan, I hope it all goes well for you and that you get some relief. Facing a surgery, or any kind of medical procedure, is always scary and nerve-wracking. I really hope this will work for you.

Shelley
    You're right about it being nerve wracking, but I'm gonna hold tight and try to be positive so maybe I can get better movement in the knee. thx shelley!