Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    LOL..... of course!!! Many here are the unusual type and drink tea...LOL...but in any case you don't have to drink anything...heck you don't even have to crochet...just type!

Welcome Donna! I will look forward to your posts!
    thank you Teri! I drink green smoothies when I first wake up! maybe we can start a green smoothie group! jk! I have gleaned so much by ct! thanks for making me feel welcome!

2. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Their all cute how do the little dogs get a long with the poodle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    Their all cute how do the little dogs get a long with the poodle?
    They all 3 get along great, just like siblings. My Pekingese "Bug" thinks she's the boss of everyone LOL. She's a very sassy girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon!
    Just a busy day taking care of my family. My brother-in-law is cutting the grain out of the missiles that are now dry. My sister has been dishing growing. I made homemade chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes today. Mom's resting pretty well this afternoon. She was so wore out from going to town seeing doctors and hearing the plans for surgery. I can't find my toolbar to post pictures today. I'll have to see if I accidentally touched or changed something. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's always the boss in every family. Too cute. July 18 I am going to have my first Thank God and Summer Fun Fest for my grandchildren and their parents. Start at 10 a.m. and go home after dark. A $dollar for a bible verse recited and 25cents for every game they can come up with up to a $1. everyone share a special thing about God or they have learned about God etc. Ring toss--croquet-kick ball--squirt guns--raw egg toss-- Paper bag pick up--three legged race--gunny sack race kick the can. Food watermelon--hamburgers--brats-chicken --pizza--chips--gatorade--gummy worms--ice cream treats--veggies--veggie pizza --fruit salads --salads. Hope we have nice weather and everyone gets along well. Ages 11 to 5. 10 girls one boy 7 adults and two dogs. Say a pray for us. If anyone has ideas let me know. Thanks and God Bless. Have a wonderful 4th.

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie,
    Are you in charge of the games and crafts?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am but asking kids and grandkids to help think of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, I helped w/Bam/Camp Discovery at our church. I started to help w/preparing snacks for the kids and then I helped w/the craft. The craft they did was they each had a cardboard cross that was sticky on one side. They had tissue paper to stick on the sticky side. They could scrunch the tissue paper before sticking it on or use the end of a pencil to crumple the tissue paper and stick it on the sticky side. They also had shiny gems that had a sticky side that they could stick on the cross. Or they could just put the squares of tissue paper on the sticky side of the cross. If the tissue paper went over the sides of the cross the excess could always be cut. Anyways, that's what we did. The kids seemed to like it. There was probably 4-6 groups of kids that came through. After wards they had singing in the sanctuary .

11. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have I somehow offended the group a a whole without meaning to? I posted 3-4 posts last night and got quite a lot of views on them, but not a word from anyone. The only reason I've hardly been in here or doing anything else lately is because I am wracking my brains cells, hands, shoulders, and all of my energy trying to make gauge swatches for a top that I'm thinking about doing in a CA, or another that I might just do on my own. This garment making business is every bit as extensive and time consuming, plus rather difficult to get started, as I thought it would be, but I plan to keep going and putting my all into it.

They know what's wrong with my knee and I'm going to have outpatient surgery against my wishes, but I want to walk more like normal, hopefully it will be week after next. If I've done something wrong somehow, please speak up and let me know! I would never do anything to make something like that happen, esp in a group of my friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Have I somehow offended the group a a whole without meaning to? I posted 3-4 posts last night and got quite a lot of views on them, but not a word from anyone. The only reason I've hardly been in here or doing anything else lately is because I am wracking my brains cells, hands, shoulders, and all of my energy trying to make gauge swatches for a top that I'm thinking about doing in a CA, or another that I might just do on my own. This garment making business is every bit as extensive and time consuming, plus rather difficult to get started, as I thought it would be, but I plan to keep going and putting my all into it.

They know what's wrong with my knee and I'm going to have outpatient surgery against my wishes, but I want to walk more like normal, hopefully it will be week after next. If I've done something wrong somehow, please speak up and let me know! I would never do anything to make something like that happen, esp in a group of my friends.
    Susan, Susan, Susan ... I doubt you've offended anyone! No way, kiddo! <smiling at you>

I've been on hiatus. Somewhat busy, but it's quite wonderful to make changes in routine. If I may say this - - - I'be belonged to Crochet Talk about a year and a half and spent most of that year wondering why a majority of my posts are ignored or wondering if others find it offensive because I choose not to engage in personal messaging and do not subscribe to threads. Perhaps that is offensive to some but, hey, I'm the master of my ship! I'm not a follower, or a parrot, or one who kisses nether regions LOL! I'm not here, or anywhere online, for a social life. . . I think I do okay in real life. away from this artificial world called the internet.

Plus I was raised by wonderful parents who always counseled me and my siblings that there are three things you should avoid if possible, and that is debating politics, finances, and religion. Good grief, one of my grandfathers was "hell" on wheels in all three areas! I think he was the basis for my Mom's advice.

One lady who is a member here, and she is truly a lady in all respects, said once that others found her to be "cold." and it seemed as if it was referencing prayer requests. My response to that would have been, and now I am responding, lol, though I didn't at the time. I pray often and say a rosary every night for all my relatives and friends. I, especially each and every time that I thank God for His blessings, and that is daily, that I'm offering prayers for all those who especially need them and for those who have no one to pray for them! I don't have to tell Him who they are for it's my belief that He knows who they are. (Sorry, Mom, the only reference I'll make on my religious faith in Him.)

In any case, this thread we're presently on is the very best of Crochet Talk in my eyes and usually the only thread I'll pay much attention to ... this thread ROCKS!

Best wishes and good health to you, Susan!

14. Likes Teri liked this post