Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

airplane that went into 1st tower on 9/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thank you, Jean Marie. My goodness what a powerful and moving video! Brought tears to my eyes and the memory of watching it all happen on TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Jheri

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,

I am not at all religious, but I have my own story about 9/11. The short version is that I work for the Army as a civilian, I'm not "in" the Army. At the time, I was a secretary and I spent that Sept 10th preparing the paperwork for 4 of the guys in my office to fly to Washington, DC on 9/11. They were my friends, it was like they were all my brothers, and I called them "My Guys." My guys were there when the plane hit the Pentagon. They weren't hurt, they were immediately evacuated and made to go outside. There was nowhere to go to feel safe.

If there was any goodness to be found on that awful day, my guys found it. After the plane hit, they were standing outside on a sidewalk across the street from the Pentagon. Police cars were driving by with their loud speakers on saying that another plane was headed to Washington, DC. That would have been Flight 93 that crashed in Harrisonburg, Pennsylvania. We now know it was headed for the White House, but the brave passengers caused it to crash in the middle of an open field. My guys were so terrified and had nowhere to go, knowing that another plane was headed right where they were.

So my guys got down on their knees, in the middle of that sidewalk. And they prayed, they prayed for a way to get home to be with their families. While they were praying, a man walked up to them, his name was Jeff. Jeff lived about a mile away from the Pentagon and he knew he needed to walk to the area of chaos, and that maybe he could help someone. When he saw them on their knees on that sidewalk, Jeff thought that someone was hurt. As he approached them, they suddenly said "Amen" and stood up.

Jeff offered them a place to go, back to his house. They all walked with him to his home, where they were completely welcome. One of my guys had a severe asthma attack and needed medical care. Jeff had a beautiful little bungalow house and they were all able to watch Jeff's TV and see what was happening to our beloved country. Everything they needed, Jeff had. Jeff helped one of my guys get the medical care he needed.

My guys spent several hours at Jeff's house. They just wanted to get back home to be with their families. There were no flights and all the rental cars were gone. Because of Jeff, they were able to rent U-Haul trucks and drive them home to Alabama from Washington, DC. They drove through the night and called me several times along the way.

It's ironic that it turned out that Jeff was a carpenter by trade....

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I just couldn't finish watching it. When the flight attendant got on line talking it just sent chill all through me and I had to quit.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was an awesome story Shelly. I know your not religious but I believe Got sent that man to those men.