Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 38 First 123412 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    This thread is similar to the roll call thread. It is for anyone interested in reading the Bible-- sharing their thoughts-- and or memorizing scripture. Pick any one you might be interested in. I am trying to read through the bible and do some memorizing. I stop and start. I thought there might be others out there that like to share or need encouragement --like me.

All have their own point of view--or different insight that God has given them. I want this only to be encouraging and respectful. Prayer requests are welcome. I am hoping for fellowship--sharing-and encouragement and learning. So God Bless everyone and a big welcome to anyone --who would like to take this journey with me.
    Hi Susie Ann, I started reading morning and evening thru the Bible in one year. I started January 1st and have read up thru am this morning. There is a schedule in the back of my bible for reading thru it in one year. I have rec'd blessings since I began reading it this way. I have no doubt God is real because I have felt his spirit in my life. I welcome any thoughts any one wants to share. I know we all don't believe the same say but we all have one common goal and are trying to reach it in the best way we know how to. I try my best to respect other's beliefs. Bless you Susie Ann and I count you as a sister in Christ, Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I am reading from the beginning of the bible and I am on Abraham right now. I just got through reading where Lot fled from Sodom and his wife looked back and turned to salt because she disobeyed God. I am now reading where Abraham told Abimelech that Sarah was his sister and didn't tell him she was also his wife. Reminded me that even the most righteous people can do things wrong at times. It also has showed me that God forgave him by blessing him with more then what he started with.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I would like to take that journey with you all. I need encouraging words right now. I can't remember verses, either. I will read my Bible with you and others who wants to. That is what I am trying to do read and learn more about Gods word. I in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie Ann,
    I have my devotions in the morning. I'm reading through the Bible and I have other devotionals and a devotional journal and a book what I'm thankful for. I'm reading in the Psalms now. I like the 'Today' devotionals but haven't read that for some time.

At night before I go to bed I read from a couple books of scriptures and something from the Bible. In the morning I read from the NIV and in the evening from the Living Bible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, everyone. I use to have about 20 verses memorized. But since I was on chemo, my mind is now like swiss cheese. Ihave forgotten most of them. The only one I can remember now is Isaiah 41:10 - "Do not be afraid for I am with you. Do not look anxiously about you for I am your God; I will help you; surely I will strengthen you. Surely I will uplift you with My righteous right hand." That verse got me through so many hard times. I am so grateful that He allowed me to remember it. My husband and I do devotionals from 3 different devotional books every morning. But I need to do a quiet time so I am alone with the Lord. I would love to join you. Are we all going to read the same scriptures or is everyone going to read something different? I'm going to write down your names so I can remember to pray for you. I will also pray that we all stay faithful to this journey. God bless you all.

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is why the Lord wants us to put Him first in our live. Because God is the only one who can be with us all the time. It is hard to understand how much He loves us. I am still having trouble memorizing Psalm 103 but I haven't given up. Just keep trusting the Lord to get you through. Hugs

8. Likes MaryK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to go to an IF Gathering in February. It's at our church. It's on a Friday night and then all day on Saturday. Maybe some of you would like to go to a IF Gathering near you. It's for women.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone,

This sounds like an interesting group. I have been reading through Psalms as well - it has been a comfort to me since my son committed suicide in early August. I was talking with my boyfriend's mom and she told me she felt further away from the Lord after her son killed himself. I was telling her I also felt further away from the Lord than I had felt before. But, I know the Lord is there. I feel he is increasing my faith in Him.

So much about me. Don't worry, mash52, I also have trouble memorizing scripture but, the Lord is still faithful. Do what you can.

Yes, I would like to join this group as well.

Love in the Lord,

Cathy

11. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cessie I am so sorry about your son, I can't even imagine the pain you are going through. Only someone who has been through the same thing would understand. But you are in my prayers that God will show you something in the Bible that might comfort you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi cessie. Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your son. Please don't let your faith weaken. That's exactly what Satan wants. I'm very glad to hear that you are reading your Bible. I wasn't sure where I wanted to read now, but I think I will read the Psalms, too. Write to us anytime you want or need to talk; we're here for each other. I will pray for you and your family. God bless.

14. Likes Susan2014 liked this post