Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
    Post Thanks / Like

It's almost Christmas! {2 posts in 1, sort of}

What do y'all have planned for Christmas?
    {if you don't celebrate Christmas, what are you doing for what you do celebrate?}

We {my husband, our daughter, and me} are going to bake cookies on Christmas Eve to start a new tradition for our little family.
    Then on Christmas morning, we are going to open presents here and drink some eggnog, then around 1-2 we are going to my husband's mom's house to have our "dinner," and then open presents there. We will most likely watch a Christmas movie, and then go home and listen to some Christmas music before bed.

I really wish my mom, dad, grandmother, and niece could be here, too, but instead we'll be talking to each other on the phone a couple times on Christmas and I am going to be sending their gifts in a couple days and they have already sent ours.

----------------------------------

Abby {3 years old} is going to be getting {that I know of}
    From mommy and daddy: A truck transporter {like a tow truck with little trucks that it transports, her neighbor friends has one and she is in love with it lol}.... A toddler shopping cart, a light-up moving truck, a Hello Kitty snuggy blanket, an alligator that grows 60 times it's size in water {she likes alligators, she's a strange one lol}, some sesame street alphabet, shapes, colors, and numbers books with some washable markers to go with them {wipe on/wipe off books for learning}, a blue and orange sock monkey that is just bigger than her hand

From nana & papi {my mom and dad} & grandmother & "sissy" {my niece}: A couple sets of legos, playdoh and playdoh sets, a baby doll, and a Bible {her first Bible of her own}

From grandma & grandpa {husband's mom and step-dad}: a karaoke machine, some clothes, and I'm not sure what else yet, but I know there will be more... there's always more lol

If you have young kids or grandkids, also, what are they getting for Christmas, if you want to share?

2. Likes SharonO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds wonderful . You have a Lovely Family. Our Big Family is Me, hubby, adult son going to Step Son House Xmas Eve & My Step Grandson, wife & Our 1st Great Grandson BEN Born 10/27/14. This Saturday my Dil & grandaughter (28) will come over & have a nice Buffet & exchange a Gift. Rest are with drawn relatives (hubby calls them)Hubbys allmost 91 yrs old so he's a little withdrwn this year. my crazyness wont keep it to quiet heheeh. Happy holidays Susan2014

4. Likes Rogue Hobbies, SharonO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already baked my cookies, wrapped the gifts, just have to wrap the ones I am making. It is so nice to have family around for Christmas. My family is my daughter, son-in law and their 7 year old son, my son and his 1 yr old son and 2 month old daughter, my boyfriend, my uncle and his son. I don't know if my uncle is coming or not he is thinking about it, depends on the weather and if his son is planning anything. Also I have another son and his wife and they have 2 sons and a daughter but they don't talk to me at all and I don't know why. I am just blessed that they are part of my family. We are all gathering at my daughter's this Christmas. Her and I take turns doing the holidays. We will exchange gifts here on Christmas morning and then open whatever we get from them there. Have a Merry Christmas and may the Lord bless all of your family on this special time of year

6. Likes SharonO, Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Christmas will be starting a whole new way of celebrating Christmas. On Christmas Eve my daughter and her family will be coming over to exchange presents. Then Christmas day I will be going to My daughters for Christmas dinner. It will be thefirst time in 18 years that I will be able to spend Christmas with my daughter.

8. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no family but I will be at my neighbors for Christmas Eve (like last year). They have grown children from previous marriages so we do not exchange. But I will bring wine and chocolates and hopefully home made Christmas cookies. It is more to get together and it reminds me of the Christmas eves I had as a child. For some reason, this holiday season is hitting me hardest the most.

However, I did get presents for my other neighbors four young kids (she finally conceded that I could get them a little something, she felt they got so much to begin with). Anyway, I filled up four little felt Christmas pails with individual items that each one would like (plus a little gift card to Dairy Queen for each) plus a mini stocking ornament. One received art pencils and a sketch book, another stickers and a wire slinky (he saw mine and loved it), another little stuffed sports balls (he is 17 months and loves all kind of balls), the only girl received peppermint hand lotion and hand cream and foot cream (she loves peppermint). My other friends two granddaughters each got a box with coloring books, books, puzzles, pink and purple Christmas stockings, Minnie mouse containers, just fun stuff. I crocheted a huge afghan for the daughter of another friend and made a matching one for her American Girl doll bed and she also got a Barbie holiday doll and an outfit. The last little one is the grandson of another friend and I bought books and little Christmas themed felt pail, stuffed animal, photo holder (more for the parents to put his pic in).

To be honest, I got more of a kick doing small personalized items for each of the eight children. One is too young to actually read the books but they are for when he gets a little older plus his daddy reads to him each night.

Wishing everyone a joyous and peaceful holiday season.

Roe

10. Likes Lili, Rogue Hobbies liked this post