Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Christmastime... family, friends, celebrating and more!

It's countdown to Christmas!

What are you doing to get ready for this special time of the year?
    What new or old traditions will be a part of your Christmas celebration?

Please share your "Christmastime" here!

Wishing you a very, very Merry Christmas!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my house to get done cleaning & decorating. Already went to a christmas tree lighting for my Dad & all who are in heaven now . It was very nice. went shopping on black friday which is a tradition. we always have a good time meet new friends while standing in lines . Went to a Christmas Concert in Danville. TAJCI was wonderful she really brings her heart & soul into it. Enjoyed it very much. As always been very busy. Wishing all a Blessed Merry Christmas Love Debbie

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got all my decorations up and am doing my baking. Making some gifts for some of the family. One tradition that was in my family was driving around to see all the beautiful Christmas lights. My mom and all of us kids would get into the station wagon and drive around. I have not done it for quite awhile so this year we are going to do that. We are going to my daughter's for Christmas since I had Thanksgiving. My son and his two children are coming to spend Christmas with me. We are keeping the tradition of opening presents on Christmas morning that we have here. I am watching Christmas movies and shows.

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the midst of decorating my home for Christmas. Wreaths, garlands, trees and more! I've mailed some Christmas cards and letters with more to send to loved ones. Shopping for those special gifts are always an exciting time too! Gift wrapping and gift bags for some of the gifts are part of the Christmas plan. Unexpected, surprise gifts are always enjoyed by family too! Visiting and calling family and friends is the Christmas fellowship that I enjoy.
    Having 'lil ones in my family to celebrate their first Christmas is exciting! I have special gifts for them. My immediate family and I will open our gifts on Christmas morning. Oh, what fun we have during the opening of gifts! Christmas dinner is being planned and we'll celebrate at my home.

Filling the Christmas stockings will return this year! I love filling the stockings for the adults in my family. Also a tour of lights is being planned!

My older daughter and I attended the Christmas Fellowship Dinner at our church this evening. What a joyous occasion! Wishing each of you a Merry and blessed Christmas!<3

8. Likes cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year is going to be a wonderful Christmas. For the first time in 18 years I will be spending it with my Daughter. So we are going to have a new tradition, on Christmas Eve they will be coming over here and I will exchange gifts. Christmas Day I will go over to her house for Christmas Dinner.
    The only decorating I did was put up a tree but it was the first tree I have had in years, I just didn't have time to do more.
    I will do more next year. But I am going to have a very Blessed Christmas this year.

10. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose, cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice, I am so happy for you to be able to spend Christmas with your daughter and family. You deserve every moment of happiness not only now but always!! I pray God's richest blessings on you, looks like He has already started. Prayers, love and hugs to you!! Winnie

12. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Likes cablestitches, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I try to go to South Carolina each year to spend Christmas with my family. I'll be driving there on the 21st and staying a week. It's always a fun time to stay at my mom and dad's house. I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Shelley

14. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose, cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I visited my daddy today and he started talking about Christmas as a child. He giggled and laughed as he thought about the stories he was told about Santa Claus and the reindeer. He told about how his family would go into the woods and cut down their tree and decorate it. One gift that he would receive as a child was fruit and nuts. To recreate a childhood memory for my daddy, I will put some fruit and nuts in his Christmas stocking. I'll quiz him to get some more ideas for Christmas treats to add to his stocking. What fun this will be!

16. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Hope all is well each Day a little better. Your Xmas 2014 will be sad (loos of Tom) But with Daughter & Grand Kids how Nice.
    Susan2014

18. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A tradition that I've never missed is decorating one or more trees for my home. I love tree decorations! I am still taking out more decoration for my tree! It will be completely done this week. I'll describe my tree once it's done. I'm using the colors silver and blue on my main tree.

How did you decorate your tree?