Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie I went to that site, and while doing them I realized that my left leg is a lot stronger than my right and that would make since why my balance is off. I have had trouble with my right leg ever since I had my stroke, it effected my whole right side. Maybe with these excercises I can strenthen that right leg and my balance will be a lot better. Thanks again Jean for that site. I never rrealized how weak that right leg was. There was one excercise where you stand on your tiptoes, have a chair in front of you for balance, with all your weight evenly distributed, then put all you weight on the left foot and slowly raise your right leg, from your knees. When I tried it with all my weight on the right foot, I couldn't raise my left leg at all without loosing my balance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, I am so sorry about your Parkinsons desease. Will pray for you.
    Well it doesn't surprize me about the MRI, the doctors around here really aren't any good. Maybe in Georgia they will find something.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy a light-weight cane. Or you can even use a walker when you have to get up at night. You don't want to fall anymore, it's too risky!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice: Perhaps it is a ? inner ear infection? That can cause dizziness and off balance symptoms.....I agree with the other gals, use a light cane, get up slowly, recheck with doctor in GA when you get there. Blood pressure medication might be too much or too little? Have a good trip to GA. Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks < I am always afraid of falling, I fall on an average of once every couple of weeks. I know my luck will run out and will break my hip. But with getting a good cane and doing the excercises and all prayers I can keep from falling.
    I love this site always can count on everyone in here to help out.
    God Bless all of you
    Janice

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice: After breaking my hip two years ago I am still paranoid about walking on snow, or anything slick, and take it really easy in my house. You definitely don't want to break a hip so be careful until your daughter gets there!!!! Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I have been falling a lot, I am afraid I will fall and break my hip before I get to Georgia, I am moving there next weekend. I fell again last night and when I woke up it was really sore. Could hardly get out of bed. . If I get a little off balance I fall, it is happening more and more. Went to Dr and the can't find any reason for me falling and I am afraid of breaking my hip and will be an invalid down in Georgia, and have so many plans for down there.
    So please pray that this staps quickly,

I do wear a lifeline around my neck so If I fall and can't get up I can press the button they cal me and get help if I need it.
    Pray this falling will stop and not ruin my moving to Georgia. I have went to several Dr and had mri on my brain and they can find any reason for it.
    Thanks a Lot
    Janice
    You need to use a cane at all times. It should help you when you get off balance. Slow down and be careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, Does your hip still bother you? I was reading that Falls are the leading cause in the ER visits in older people.
    SU O, I have a regular cane I am going to use now then when I get to Ga am going to order one of those canes they advertise on TV that have small legs on them so they will stand up when you let go of them. My biggest problem is I will have a cane laying on the floor and will forget to get it when I get up, but with it standing I can see it beside me. Plus am going to do those excercises to strenthen my right leg.