Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: So Bored

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Ivy, some children are quite different today. Teaching was my gift and calling from God. I considered my "school children, my own children too. When asked about my children. I always asked, "Are you talking about my own children or school children? That's how much they played a part in my life. Without God's help, I couldn't have taught them for 32 years. I was blessed to work in a profession that brought me gratification, success and much joy. Of course, in any job there are moments of stress. Yet, when God calls you, He will bring you through it. He was and is always there for me. Good news to share... I am fortunate enough to know a set of triplets(3 young women) who began their teaching careers this year. They have gotten off to a great start!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Yes Ivy, some children are quite different today. Teaching was my gift and calling from God. I considered my "school children, my own children too. When asked about my children. I always asked, "Are you talking about my own children or school children? That's how much they played a part in my life. Without God's help, I couldn't have taught them for 32 years. I was blessed to work in a profession that brought me gratification, success and much joy. Of course, in any job there are moments of stress. Yet, when God calls you, He will bring you through it. He was and is always there for me. Good news to share... I am fortunate enough to know a set of triplets(3 young women) who began their teaching careers this year. They have gotten off to a great start!
    Awww that's so nice. And yes God's plans for us pan out just as we want them to even with the minor bumps that pop up at times. I love children i just don't see myself teaching them in a class room. I'm happy that you could stick to your calling for so long. Do you miss it?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not at all! I completed my mission that God had desired for me. Once I retired, I was given the opportunity to freely live life without being on a schedule. Shortly afterwards, my precious husband's health started declining and he retired. We spent time together taking day trips, shopping, dining, visiting and entertaining, Most of all, we enjoyed being together! We also had our own activities apart from each other too! His health declined to a point that I became his caregiver for these last two years. He passed in January of this year. He was the love of my life. He was my junior high/high school sweetheart! We were married 6 days shy of 42 years. Now, I'm reinventing my life with the love and support of family and friends. We had a rich, full life together and I'm determined to continue that legacy! I am enjoying life and all it has to offer!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is absolutely beautiful. I hope to have that same kind of life with my fiancé as time goes by. I admire your courage and I am sure your husband is with God and both are smiling and talking about what a remarkable woman you are.
    No, not at all! I completed my mission that God had desired for me. Once I retired, I was given the opportunity to freely live life without being on a schedule. Shortly afterwards, my precious husband's health started declining and he retired. We spent time together taking day trips, shopping, dining, visiting and entertaining, Most of all, we enjoyed being together! We also had our own activities apart from each other too! His health declined to a point that I became his caregiver for these last two years. He passed in January of this year. He was the love of my life. He was my junior high/high school sweetheart! We were married 6 days shy of 42 years. Now, I'm reinventing my life with the love and support of family and friends. We had a rich, full life together and I'm determined to continue that legacy! I am enjoying life and all it has to offer!

5. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a compassionate heart, just what a nurse needs! Thank you for your kind words. My husband was a man of God and loved God so much. I do feel that God and my husband are pleased with me. May God bless you always.

7. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pray that you and your fiance' lives are filled with abundant blessings. May you experience all of God's blessings!

Post Thanks / Like
    I pray that you and your fiance' lives are filled with abundant blessings. May you experience all of God's blessings!
    Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome! I'm in a cardmaking mood and I'm making more today. It's a hobby of mine! What are your hobbies?

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome! I'm in a cardmaking mood and I'm making more today. It's a hobby of mine! What are your hobbies?
    My mother in law makes cards. I crochet and take pictures thats about it i think. I'm not the most exciting person. What are all your hobbies?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think photography is an exciting hobby. I dabbled in photography for a bit. Thanks for the reminder, I may reviisit it at some time. I do have a new camera (a surprise given to me by younger daughter) that I've yet to use. She gave it to me during my photography phase!lol What kind of pictures do you enjoy taking?

My hobbies are shopping, taking day trips, gardening, interior decorating, cardmaking, crocheting, reading, fashion, pen palling, volunteering at church and helping people. My late husband and I loved to entertain family and friends in our home. We entertained as a couple and individually.
    Attending social events is an enjoyment of mine too!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-22-2014 at 11:29 AM.