Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

knee injections starting - wish me luck

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop by for a minute, Ive got to get ready now to go to start the 1st of 3 knee gel injections. I'll get shots 2 & 3 if I decide to go back after today. The gel is made from rooster/chicken coombs (?) and it's supposed to help knees that have only a little cartilage left in them. I hate this because I've never had knee problems, that was one of the few things I didn't have trouble with. My right knee almost needs replacement and the left not too very far behind, and I really don't want to go thru that experience having Fibro & arthritis, because I know what along painful recovery it will be.

Something happened to my knee in July, it 'popped' behind the knee and within a minute I was not able to walk, so I've used my walker with wheels and am ready to park that baby if possible, so I'm doing this to see what happens. Not really wanting this since it will irritate my knee I'm sure, and it will hurt. I know the pain of the steroid shot, which I won't get again since it made my whole knee feel weird. The legs below both knees sometimes feel they weight a ton, an they hurt and ache so bad. When that happens my feet swell and it's been awful, but I know that moving and the awful physical work of this year has been too much for me, so I hope to have more improvement. I was just starting to do better and hope this shot won't mess me up. Not liking how the feeling... wish me luck everyone! Prayers more than welcome!!

UPDATE: I got shot #1 and am getting one more each week for the next two weeks. It takes some time usually to start helping, but it's not hurting anything. All I can do is wait and see how it does, so let's now pray that it will build up my knee cartilage and I'll be able to move my leg better and walk on my own! I didn't need any more pain, none of us do. It's a life sucker, it sucks the life from people, but I try not to let it, that's a big 'must'! It's also easier said than done, but I'm driven and determined, so I'll always fight it. Thank you so much for all the kind comments, you're all so very thoughtful!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-22-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good health!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck, I have had a bad knee for 30 years and there is nothing fun about it.
    Last edited by debbie67; 11-17-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Lord I pray this works for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending prayers your way that all goes well and this will alleviate any more pain. Hang in there and know we are thinking of you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Susan, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this on top of everything else. I hope the injection you got today gives you some relief. Let us know how you're doing.

I'm sending lots of healing prayers out for you, girl!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you had a 'fair' experience with your injection to your knee. I had the Cortisone shot and that did hurt. Dr. used the spray to freeze the area, then gave me Lidocaine to numb it more, then the Cortisone. Talk about sting and burn! That was the Lidocaine that does that. Then last week I had my first "chicken shot". LOL The Dr.'s P.A. did that one. He told me he'd like to try an injection without using the Lidocaine, that he has found most people prefer just the spray to numb because the Lidocaine causes the stinging and burning so bad. I at that point was ready for anything for relief, and figured what the heck, so he did my first "chicken shot" without using Lidocaine. Let me tell you, my experience was SO much better, and easier, and didn't hurt anything like the Cortisone shot did. So, I go again tomorrow, (Tues.) for my 2nd of the three. My knee feels much better, so I am not dreading this one like I did the last one. Keep us posted on whether or not this helps you. Dr. prescribed "Suprex" as to what I am getting. . Hope all went well for you and hope all goes well for me tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, you gals, I messed my knee up real bad when I was in grade school. I popped the Knee cap out , and several times after that. The last time I went to the chiropractor to get it back in place . a couple of years ago I got the shots but they didn't help me. The dr. said that they only help about 50% of patients. I finally got so I couldn't walk anywhere so went to a surgeon. He showed me the xrays and I didn't have any thing between the bones. He replaced the knee. It is a long painful time to get over but it is the best thing I ever had done. There are several ladies here in the court that has had knees replaced and they also said that they are glad they did it. I have a very high tolerance for pain so I think that is why the shots didn't help me. I hope you get some relief with them. Take care and get a lot of rest. Huggs, Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of the injection you are getting and only heard good things about it. Praying that this helps and relieves your pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you're probably going to get hundreds of these advice emails, but this one might be a little different: Go to a good vein doctor & have the veins in your legs checked out. It's very likely that's where the swelling problem is coming from. Also the heaviness and pain. Good luck.

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post