Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

With Thanksgiving only weeks away, our minds turn to the comforts of home, family, friends and delicious food. So, what's the plan??? Traveling? Will you take out the board games? Cooking the meal or having it catered? Family coming to dinner or are you hosting the big feast? Please share how you'll spend this Thanksgiving.

Wishing you an early Happy Thanksgiving! November 27!!!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am one of the few who turns down invitations every Thanksgiving. When my husband was alive, we would go to either family but since he passed, then my younger brother and only sibling passed and then my mom passed, I have no family (never had kids) so I have decorating my house for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend. My dad died back in 1986. Not counting the outside lights (which go up the weekend before), it would take about four days to do but now I am doing a lot less so it will take less time but honestly, it doesn't bother me to be home. I watch the parade, make a little dinner and just hang out. I don't shop on Black Friday either, refuse to be in the middle of crowds.

Roe

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be cooking the meal this year. My son and his family are coming, my daughter and her family are coming and my Uncle and his son are coming. My son might stay a few days. I will be putting up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. I have all my food bought for the meal. My daughter is making a blackberry cobbler to bring. I always go all out for Thanksgiving and Christmas when it is my turn to have it. Going to start making it a few days early so i am not doing everything at once. Desserts one day, cold stuff the next day and then on Thanksgiving all I have to do is cook the hot food. I always put my turkey in at midnight and cook on slow all night till I get up then I turn it up to finish cooking. Always so nice and tender when I do it that way. Happy Early Thanksgiving to Everyone. I give the Lord thanks for all my wonderful friends on here

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    God will be there and so will I in spirit . We 3 at my house will be 3 of us. That OK to I can move at my slow pace. Hugs
    Susan 2014

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love Thanksgiving , more than Christmas for a family holiday. That being said, I think I'll be mostly alone during the day, as my daughter lives 2 hrs away and can't come here , my youngest son and husband will be working at some point that day, and middle son and his wife won't speak to us anymore, and oldest son is engaged and planning a Dec 6th wedding, will probably go to her parents. So after all these years of cooking, I'll have hardly anyone around, it will be strange. But I'll still make our old favorites, just in reduced quantities. We do love the leftovers!

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what our plans are this year. I would love to just stay home and fill my house up with all the yummy smells of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but I fear my hubby will want to go to his parents for spaghetti... blah! You have to have turkey on Thanksgiving!!

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Daughter is coming up Thanksgiving day to help me move so she won't get here till about 8:00 PM so the couple that helped me take care of Tom, plus they are buying my house, are taking me out for Thanksgiving Dinner. He has become like a son to me. I am going to miss them.

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice I'm so glad you have this couple to go to Thanksgiving Dinner with!!! Also glad your daughter is going to be able to help you move. I pray everything will work out wonderfully for you you deserve it :-). Love you ((( hugs ))) Winnie

15. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know now I will be sitting at home with my dogs and cats with radio on...In other words no plans.

17. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Winnie. I was very lucky to find this couple, they have been so good to me. I know God had to send them to me. I can't wait to get down to Ga.