Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 52 of 64 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterfly rose, may I hire you for an inspirational example if nothing else?

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am home after a week at my son's house. I am working on taking down Christmas and getting my home back to normal. It is going to take some time but I have already put away the new gifts, did a load of laundry and some other things. I also managed to get some more things donated and out of my house before the holidays. I have also set up my youngest son's scheduled visits on a calendar for the following year. I am taking my time with this, I have only been home one day and have accomplished a lot. I am getting back into the routine of having a schedule and getting things more organized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Good morning Dear Ladies,

As I was cleaning and organizing last night, I discovered the home management system that I started more than a year ago. This will be a project that I'll work on this year. This system will help me manage my home even more efficiently. It's organization in a binder! Do any of you use a home management system?

If your interested in creating a home management system, look for it on youtube under athomewithnikki. She's an awesome home organizer and decorator! I modeled the look of one of my linen closets after hers, by using decorator boxes. I extended it to using decorator boxes in one of my master clothing closets too.
    ?I WAS trying to read every one of these posts before commenting, but I am only in page 9!! And there sooo many more pages, so I want to tell you all that my son moved out temporarily to work with his brother and I tied into his room after he left and am in awe of what it looks like now! I got inspiired to do some more cleaning! I managed to mop my kitchen floor and the bathroom floor and threw some stuff out of the kitchen and bathroom. i bought a new set of 3new skillets which I have used a few times now and I love them. My husband and 3 little boys (they were little then, 4,6,and 7) moved into this house a little over 50 years ago. It was finally paid for in full the month after my husband passed away. I made what I thought was the last payment and was informed by the bank(where I was employed for over 43 years and finally retired from at 65) that I had already made the last payment and I received a refund for the one I just sent in.

Just think of what you can accumulate in 50 years in the same house!!!.

I guess I am doing well for being there for that long. I have a long way to go, I know, but I feel good that I have accomplished as much as I have.
    I have my bedroom to do and a really big walk-in closet. I cant get into the closet for boxes and bags sitting in the way. And then there is the garage! Oh me oh my! I am only one person and no one to help me but right now I seem to be prety much pain free for he first time in a while. I will wait now until my visit wih my nieces before I tackle anymore. There was only 1 small closet in this hous when we moved in. Over the years we closed in the front porch ,, divided it in half and made part if it the entrance room and the other half is my big walkin closet. Both closets are jammed full! After I go thru all that I will probably go thru again and get rid of more stuff!
    Right now I am taking a break from everything! I want to get some more crocheting done on the Betty Boop afghans. I wont be able to finish them before I go to visit my nieces but a least I can take the yarn and crochet on them (they will not know what I am making..just an afghan ..they will think,, there will be no sign of Betty Boop!. ) Wont they be surprised later when I fiinish them and present them wih their very own memory afghns that they watched me making well I will catch you all later. Hugs, Patty. I didnt know if I could post these pictures or not , but they are of the little bedroom where my 3 boys grew up . There is a small freezer, cabinet (I painted from the kitchen when we put a dish washer in there)and the clothes washer and dryer along one wall. There is a small desk that has an old TV and DVD player in it. The other pics are from the kitchen looking into the litle laundry/bedroom. Note the skillets on the wall in the kitchen, I threw them away and replaced them with new red ones. I had a hard time picking out pictures , totally by guessing what I was picking out .
    Attached Images Attached Images Cleaning and Organizing the Home-img_20151226_135651-jpg Cleaning and Organizing the Home-img_20151226_135823-jpg Cleaning and Organizing the Home-img_20151226_135941-jpg Cleaning and Organizing the Home-img_20151226_135728-jpg 
    Last edited by redhead; 12-31-2015 at 12:29 PM.

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
    Butterfly rose, may I hire you for an inspirational example if nothing else?

hahaha It would be my pleasure to spread inspiration for FREE! Thank you for the compliment.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today as I RELAX and ENJOY the day, I plan to: do some laundry, wash dishes, change linen, pick up/put away items where needed, clerical work and start a donation box.

Homemaking brings me JOY!

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, nice pics! You are doing a great job...congrats to you!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try to be more organized in my sewing room after seeing these pictures! What an inspirational person you are!

Post Thanks / Like
    My latest organizing project is my crochet projects. I was given a lovely storage bin from Avon for Christmas. I turned it into storage for my crochet works in progress. It now sits by my living room chair, replacing the plastic bin that was there. So, I did a thorough vacuum of the living room, moving furniture etc. to really get down to it. With the Christmas tree down and the decorations packed away for another year, the room needed some sprucing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spring cleaned in the storage room last week with the help of my daughter. I had to sit and do it with my leg but managed to get it done. I put a rag on the end of a mop and used the mop to wash the walls and another mop to mop the wooden floors. It really looks nice. It will look better once I get the yard sale stuff out of the closet this spring then I am going to put some stuff in the closet.
    Today I started in the craft room. I moved out two of my shelves and did the walls behind them and mopped the floors and washed off the shelves and put them back. I put all my craft pattern books on one shelf along with some of my yarn that would not fit into my yarn holder. I stood some boxes on end and put the yarn in them. I put my jars that I am going to make snow globes out of on another shelf and my root beer bottles that I am makeing root deers out of on the same shelf as my jars. I have dolls that I use for measurements to make sure my doll clothes fit and a newborn doll to make sure that my newborn baby patterns fit. They are all on the bottom shelf. Tomorrow starts the other side

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, I know your sewing room will be beautiful. Organization really makes life easier. Have FUN while you organize!~Butterflyrose~