Likes Likes:  184
Page 44 of 64 First ... 34424344454654 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting today! You are inspiring!

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Su O View Post
    I am starting today! You are inspiring!
    Su O, I hope that your journey is as rewarding as mine continues to be. Please stop by from time to time and share your successes with us. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to report...

It's been a while since I've been here. I hope you've had many successes in homemaking and life in general during this time. Here is a compilation of the tasks that I've completed in the interim:

bed making, cleaning kitchen, bedroom, family room and bathroom, sweeping, mopping, watering lawn, clerical work, laundry, dusting rooms including dining and living room, picking up and putting items away and donating items to charity.

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Su O, I hope that your journey is as rewarding as mine continues to be. Please stop by from time to time and share your successes with us. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Washing windows, inside and out! Wow, it's light outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still canning! My oldest took his canning yesterday when he came to visit. I also gave him an old set of storage shelves I no longer needed so he can set up some storage in his laundry room. My latest project was getting the new black bookcase set up in the living room. The old one went to the basement for canning storage, which meant my son got the old plastic set. I am also decluttering my books, which is hard for me because I love books. But I am being realistic and slowly getting the number down to a reasonable (for me anyway) amount. I am just so enjoying the idea of having less in here to deal with.

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Su O View Post
    Washing windows, inside and out! Wow, it's light outside.
    Nothing like the bright sunshine shining through! Goooooood Job!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Still canning! My oldest took his canning yesterday when he came to visit. I also gave him an old set of storage shelves I no longer needed so he can set up some storage in his laundry room. My latest project was getting the new black bookcase set up in the living room. The old one went to the basement for canning storage, which meant my son got the old plastic set. I am also decluttering my books, which is hard for me because I love books. But I am being realistic and slowly getting the number down to a reasonable (for me anyway) amount. I am just so enjoying the idea of having less in here to deal with.
    What are you canning? I won a starter kit and haven't used it yet. I'm sure your new bookcase will be beautiful in your living room. Congrats on getting some of your books decluttered. Like you, I'm a book lover and YES, some of my books have been/continuing to be donated. Not an easy thing to do, but we do what we must!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I have plenty to do:

~Make bed
    ~Dishes
    ~Wipe kitchen counters and central island
    ~Call for appt for air/central heat system checkup
    ~Call fencing company to make a repair
    ~Re-bag cans for recycling
    ~Put drain opener in 2 drains
    ~Pick up and put away items wherever needed
    ~Laundry:launder, fold and put away
    ~Clerical work
    ~Prep bridal shower gift for mailing

Household chores already completed:

Home maintenance check
    Watered the lawn for an hour

Post Thanks / Like
    Today it was dill pickles. But my shelves include canned strawberry jam, dill pickles, salsa, watermelon jelly, and pickled green beans. My mother taught me to can many years ago and I am also volunteering at the local Food Works program and one thing we do is a canning session once a week and this week we did salsa. I am also doing some canning for my oldest son and his family. He helps pay for the produce and jars and other things. I do the work since I know how and this way, we have a stockpile of canned good for the winter. The internet has been a big help with recipes and such to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you have really been busy!! How wonderful that you can put fresh veggies etc up for winter. I am really missing this this year. My daughter, in Va and I canned a lot of things last year and made blackberry jam, Apple pie filling, applesauce, salsa and tomatoes. I just enjoyed that so much I used to help mom as a kid do all these things and loved it. God bless your endevors! Love Winnie