Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 42 of 64 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies,

Wow! It's been a week since being here on the site! I've accomplished so much in this time including having some fun along the way! Among my accomplishments:another charity donation was picked up, bed-making, dishwashing, laundry done, clerical work, sweeping and mopping floors, working in and checking my gardens, picking up and putting away items, cleaning mirrors and wiping large kitchen appliances etc. Working in my planner helps to keep me up to par!

Garage Cleanup...Phase 2

Last year, I started cleaning my garage and made tremendous progress. Now, it's time to continue the work with such nice warm, should I say HOT weather! Yesterday I cut large insulation panels that had been stored into smaller pieces for the garbage service to pick and then I swept that portion of the garage.

Tomorrow another charity will be picking up items, therfore; some items that I had stored in the garage for charity will be set out for tomorrow's pickup.

What progress have you made during this time?

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have accomplished cleaning out my junk room. Even though I am down with my knee. I am still cleaning. I manage to clean my kitchen cabinet out. Rearranged them.
    I am so happy I can still get around. If if I hop around the house.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just back from a four day visit with my oldest son. It was pick up week there, you could put out five large items (furniture, etc.) and the city would pick them up. Managed to convince him to get rid of some major junk while I was up there. Now I am working on my basement. Rearranging, sorting, disposing, etc. My basement and laundry room aren't too bad, so I am just getting the maintaining parts done. I have two bags of donations ready to give away and have also done one major job since I came home. I set up a new filing system for bills and such so everything is all in one file box instead of multiple containers.

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Good luck Shelly, I am in the mist of moving and can't believe what all I have accumulated. I have thrown out a lot of old clothes. I also threw out all my clothes that I wore while staying at home taking care of my husband I wore mostly house dresses. They were easy to work around in and even sleep in when I need to sleep in the chair next to my husband. I refuse to wear them anymore. I bought me some comfortable and stylish clothes. Had to clean out my husbands closet and gave them to a good friend of his. My kitchen I have completely thrown everything away except 2 skillets and two pans. Got everything boxed and ready to take to Goodwill. Leaving all my furniture here because the couple that are buying the place wants it. I can't wait to get down their and buy new furniture and fix it up. I will let you all know how things are going.
    Best of luck Meerkat & God bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    I have accomplished cleaning out my junk room. Even though I am down with my knee. I am still cleaning. I manage to clean my kitchen cabinet out. Rearranged them.
    I am so happy I can still get around. If if I hop around the house.
    WOW! That's good news Mash! Cleaning out an entire room is no easy task. And a kitchen cabinet and rearranging them too! I am smiling along with you!!! Please take care. Praying that your knee heals quickly. Don't forget to pamper yourself along the way.

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Just back from a four day visit with my oldest son. It was pick up week there, you could put out five large items (furniture, etc.) and the city would pick them up. Managed to convince him to get rid of some major junk while I was up there. Now I am working on my basement. Rearranging, sorting, disposing, etc. My basement and laundry room aren't too bad, so I am just getting the maintaining parts done. I have two bags of donations ready to give away and have also done one major job since I came home. I set up a new filing system for bills and such so everything is all in one file box instead of multiple containers.
    Wabashwoman, I sure hope you had a wonderful visit with your son. I like that pick up system in your son's city. You truly have accomplished quite a bit while visiting your son and in your own home too. Congratulations to you! Hard work really does pay off!

A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I want forget to pamper myself. Not sure how. Thanks for prayers. Need them. Will have to have Rooster Cone Shots. I heard them hurt. I start on the 30th of this month. I have Osteoarthritis in my left knee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Thanks. I want forget to pamper myself. Not sure how. Thanks for prayers. Need them. Will have to have Rooster Cone Shots. I heard them hurt. I start on the 30th of this month. I have Osteoarthritis in my left knee.
    You're welcome! Here are a few ways I pamper myself: give myself a facial, nice bath with favorite soaps, shower gel, bath bombs etc, use favorite scented lotions on my skin, play relaxing music, hot cup of coffee, tea or a favorite drink, snack, read a book
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 07-06-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds good. I think I will do it. I can do the relaxing music, hot cup coffee or tea. I just have a shower. o, there goes the hot relaxing bath. Sure sounds good. But scented lotions on my skins sounds good too. Thanks for the ideas. I never really pampered myself. Really never pay attention. Just daily routine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, these are the tasks that I accomplished:

~Made bed
    ~Decluttered magazines
    ~Cleaned mirrors and glass
    ~Dusted in several rooms
    ~Mopped family room
    ~Folded/put away 2 baskets of laundry
    ~Picked up and put away items
    ~Cleaned guest bathroom(older daughter)

A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~