Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 37 of 64 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, I traveled to the City to attend Bible Study and spent the remainder of the day leisurely. I did pick up and put away items in my bedroom. I also mopped the remainder of the kithen and the breakfast area on Tuesday.

Today's task:

~Make my bed
    ~Vacuum carpet in master bedroom
    ~Finish getting charity items ready for tomorrow's pickup
    ~Pick up, put away items in kitchen
    ~Unload dishwasher and wash dishes
    ~Clean more of the kitchen floor grout
    ~Store boxes

A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the process of doing a major purge of my home. So far, I've got SIX large hefty bags full of beautiful clothing to donate. I still have more to go through, and then my purses and shoes. My bedroom is a mess right now, with everything pulled out of the closets. I am determined! I will get through it all.

Shelley

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley! I'm so happy to hear that you are purging your home. It is a real feeling of freedom! Yes, it does get messy before it gets better. But, when you reach your goal, you'll never want to go back. It's such a wonderful and refreshing feeling to have a clean, decluttered and organized home. Congrats to you for the great progress that you've made!

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Just back from a week at my oldest son's. A small desk and chair that were in my shed are now in my granddaughter's bedroom. An old barbecue is also gone. A new set of shelves is now sitting in my new reading area of my bedroom. I have also switched out shelves in my kitchen. An older set has been put into the basement as a grocery storage shelf for extras. The nicer set now holds my kitchen appliances in my kitchen. I am still finding other things I want to do around here, and my house is slowly improving.

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My house is slowly improving, too, WabashWoman. It won't happen overnight. But I will not give up on it! I am determined to have a nice, clean, organized home. A little bit at a time is really starting to add up. The payoff will be worth it.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Wabaswoman, congrats to you on all the progress that you're making in your home. I hope you had a wonderful stay at your son's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went shopping with my older DD today and upon returning, I accomplished a myriad of tasks:

~Made my bed
    ~Picked up, put away items
    ~Swiffer swept the family room
    ~Cleaned kitchen countertops
    ~Cleaned central island
    ~Cleaned desktop
    ~Laundry(in progress)
    ~Cleaned laundry appliances
    ~Cleaned vanity in master bathroom
    ~Cleaned toilet in water closet
    ~Checked toiletries and replenished them in master bathroom

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw on TV to hang your clothes with the hanger loop backwards & when you wear that item reverse the hangers direction. Any left backwards after the speason, toss as you won't wear it! I have my closet hanging backwards to toss what is left after the summer. So time will tell if I can part with those still backwards! LOL!

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Usual chores done, plus I have baked and frozen a pan of brownies. I have also been outside, clearing trash and other things that blow into my yard from other people's yard. I am now going to have a coffee and relax for a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    I saw on TV to hang your clothes with the hanger loop backwards & when you wear that item reverse the hangers direction. Any left backwards after the speason, toss as you won't wear it! I have my closet hanging backwards to toss what is left after the summer. So time will tell if I can part with those still backwards! LOL!
    Yes Crabtree, I have heard/read about doing this too. It sounds like a solution for ridding one's home of unnecessary clothing. Only if you're ready to part with them!LOL

I did a major closet cleanout a few months ago and purged my closet of plenty of clothing and shoes. Soon, I'll go through again. Less is truly more in my book!

A Happy Homemaker!~Butterflyrose~