Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 8 of 64 First ... 6789101858 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! Here's a site I read to get ideas for organizing quite a bit! I hope it helps someone!!! The second site it one I read almost daily. It has more info that is so darn useful and not just for apartments. You all should subscribe to it. Apartment therapy is great for homes and apartments!!! Check it out!!! Betty Lynn
    Organizing Made Fun: 25 of My Best Organizing Hacks!
    The 10 Commandments of a Clutter-Free Life | Apartment Therapy

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Betty Lynn, I look forward to reading about the progress you make in arranging your furniture. I love interior design/decorating. One of my hobbies! Thanks for sharing the sites, they certainly can be helpful. I subscribe to athomewithnikki on youtube. I've been working on my goal of a "Clean Home/Garage Sweep" for some months and I've made tremendous progress! I have developed a knack for organizing, cleaning and decluttering after doing it for a few months. I receive great joy in each accomplishment that I make!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Butterflyrose! You've been working at it for months and so have I essentially but I keep buying things that I really need because somehow some of my things just didn't make it down here with me. Like my couch, so I bought a new smaller sized one. Thank God cause my apartment is tiny but super nice! I follow that same youtube that you do. I like nikki! I'll keep in touch with my progress!!
    Enjoy, Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Butterflyrose! You've been working at it for months and so have I essentially but I keep buying things that I really need because somehow some of my things just didn't make it down here with me. Like my couch, so I bought a new smaller sized one. Thank God cause my apartment is tiny but super nice! I follow that same youtube that you do. I like nikki! I'll keep in touch with my progress!!
    Enjoy, Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I removed the last and final piece of Christmas decoration. The front door wreath! Tomorrow, I'll begin storing ALL the Christmas decor. I've hung another wreath on the front door, so my front entrance is ready for the New Year.

Tonight, I'll clean the kitchen, fold/hang and put away the last basket of laundry and find the appropriate places for a few of my decorative boxes. Everything has a place, if not, I'll find one! That's my NEW cleaning motto!lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned the kitchen last night and waited until today to fold/hang and put away that last basket of laundry. It's done! I've cleaned & decorated the sofa, coffee & end table(family room) with tablescapes. Mission accomplished! Vacuuming will happen in my bedroom along with putting the decorative boxes in their proper places today. Also swiffering the family room, entryway and a hallway!

Tonight, I'll use my shredder to shred some paperwork... a little at a time. Thanks again, dear older daughter! This will be an excellent activity as I sit in my favorite chair and watch t.v./surf the internet.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 01-02-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This afternoon put away the christmas decorations. Tomorrow they will be put in the shed until next year. Going to replace some of them that I have had for a long time and sell those. Next week going to finish in my bedroom and start in my other rooms. Just need to get over this cold

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been sick since last Sunday, but finally got up enough oomph to wash the dishes, and do 3 loads of clothes. Hung everything up and now I must go and get the final load and change my bed linens and blanket! Having a dog that sheds constantly adds to my laundry duties, but I don't mind. He's the best dog in the entire world or maybe even the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Pugsley is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a recent pic of Pugsley and I !!! Enjoy, Betty Lynn
    Cleaning and Organizing the Home-100_0312-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone. Well, all the Christmas décor is packed up and stored neatly until next holiday season rolls around. I did find a few more things that I added to the 11 boxes and bags of all sorts of unwanted and no longer needed items that I will be donating. That pickup is due for Monday. Jan 5. I still have more to go through but alas, keep running out of boxes. LOL. Fortunately, the majority of items have been donated, there is some left but manageable.

I also went through personal toiletries and threw out opened make up items and will open up new packages, as needed. Also threw out non-prescription items which had expired (like triple antibiotic cream, moisturizers, that type of items). New year, new items.

This week, I hope to start painting the trim and doors, since the temps will be way colder and although, I will take my daily walk, it forces me to stay inside and do inside things. Then those paint cans will be gone.

During the summer, I gave away quite a bit of tools to my friends' husband and new son-in-law. Many of those were from my kid brother and after he passed in 2007, I took them to my house and I now had duplicate and triplicates of tools, since I think my brother was a tool freak, LOL!!

Will be doing more later on. Have a great day. See ya later.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheets changed and laundry done. Crocheted bedspread washed and dried and back on my bed. Two cats mean extra cat hair on just about everything, especially my desk. But they are my family and you tolerate family. I am still going through things so donate, toss, etc. I didn't know one person could accumulate so much stuff.