Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 4 of 64 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh, another wonderful day to get my house in order. I am making amazing progress! I finished cleaning the drawers in the central island yesterday and today I will begin doing a "clean sweep" of the kitchen. That includes my desk!

Today, I'll email another charity to pickup items that I accumulate today for donation. The pickup will be tomorrow. I plan to donate some kitchen items this time too! The charities and I are really helping each other.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be making more progress as I start to decorate the inside of my house for Christmas. I already finished the outside and gave away some extra Christmas lights to my friend. Once I get into the boxes in the Christmas closet, then I will sort, donate what I will not use any longer, throw out what is not that great anymore and keep others and those will be used in my decorating.

With the holidays coming up, I am slowing down just a bit but still re-organizing. My neighbor is saving boxes for me to use in my declutter phase.

Roe

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked in the basement today. Did a wipe down of the washer and dryer, vacuumed the playroom and the stairs. As I go through each room, I try to find things I can get rid of. Each bag out of this house gives me more room and less clutter. I am getting used to seeing empty space where stuff used to be.

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Kindness begets Kindness is an old Greek proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    In preparation for Thanksgiving, these are some of the household tasks that I've completed and others are in progress:raking the leaves, swiffering and mopping, dusting and wiping mirrors and glass pieces, removing items not needed, putting down a small area rug in the family room and putting some plants on the patio. I'm making good progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am back to the behind the scenes work. Today, I'll clean out the large vanity drawer in my master bathroom. I'm also removing my fall decor in the kitchen and family room and storing it. I'll also email a charity for a pickup tomorrow. More items to donate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Donated more items yesterday. I seem to mainly be working in the kitchen, trying to streamline things. All Christmas decorations are up and have to make up my baking list.

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since my house (both inside and out) was all decorated for Christmas by Friday 11/28, I now have 2 1/2 boxes of extra Christmas items I am going to donate for the first round. I did sort out and give away more Christmas items to friends. Now I have to sort and categorize ornaments that I didn't used this year to be saved.

Have the last bit of raking to do in the back yard. Everything is put away for the winter. Now that decorating and wrapping is all done, can go back to doing some more cleaning and reorganizing. Think this time, will tackle some yarn.

Roe

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have removed all my fall decor, boxed it and will be storing it tomorrow. I've started decorating for Christmas. As I took some items out of my entryway closet, I decided to take everything out of it. Starting tomorrow, I'll sort items and organize this closet. Those Christmas items that I won't use or need will be donated.

Post Thanks / Like
    My entryway hall closet has been completely cleared. I have sorted Christmas/gift boxes, Christmas wrapping paper/special occasion paper, tissue paper, Christmas tags, Christmas bows and ribbons. Now, I'm going to share my bounty by donating some of it. And I haven't even gotten my Christmas boxes from the garage!