Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 30 of 64 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, I'm back! My younger DD and I are back from vacation. We went to Hollywood, California and had a wonderful time.

Before leaving on vacation, my older DD and I went shopping for items that I needed for the trip. I also found Cleaning Tools...

To my unexpected delight, I spotted the cutest Fashion Cleaning Gloves. So, I bought two packages, two pair to a pack. One pair is decorated with a giant sunflower, another pair says Queen of Cleaning and two pair have animal print.

I needed spray bottles for household cleaning too! While I was away, my older DD found and bought me 3 pretty clear spray bottles, 2 have purple sprayers and the other is goldenrod. Such a needed and perfect surprise! I will now be cleaning in fashionable style!LOL

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Once I came home from my son's today, I had him help me install energy saving bulbs in the light fixtures in the kitchen and dining area. I also cleaned the globes of the light fixtures which definitely needed scrubbing. Two bags of donations were given to Value Village on Saturday. I have also installed some Glade Scented Oil air freshener in the kitchen.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to going to my neighbors on Sunday for Easter Dinner, I started to clear out the patio, back yard and front yard of all the cutesy stuff (it was old and faded anyway) since I am going to be placing my house on the market, hopefully when I return from a trip to check out areas I am interested in. Then I shredded more old tax returns and other outdated paperwork that is no longer needed. Rearranged and sorted out sealed ink cartridges and digital cameras and stored them neatly in a drawer of a night table I use as a tv stand in my littlest bedroom. Later on today, will work outside again since it is supposed to be rainy and unsettled weather the rest of the week, which means I will be doing more inside things at that time. Will keep updating.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's Wonderful Tasks:

~ I'll finish unpacking from my vacation in California
    ~Complete laundering items used on the trip
    ~Work in my planner
    ~Begin new mailings
    ~Read new issue of Victoria magazine for home and garden ideas
    ~Sweep front porch
    ~Give front door wreath a bath

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Once I came home from my son's today, I had him help me install energy saving bulbs in the light fixtures in the kitchen and dining area. I also cleaned the globes of the light fixtures which definitely needed scrubbing. Two bags of donations were given to Value Village on Saturday. I have also installed some Glade Scented Oil air freshener in the kitchen.
    I love beautiful scents in my home too WabashWoman! I have them throughout my home. Buying candles, air freshners, potpourri etc. is like a collection for me. Nothing like a home smelling delicious! You are getting a lot accomplished...good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Stripped bed and changed the sheets this morning, dusted furniture, and the bathroom has been spruced up. I have finished supper, the dishes are done and I have filed paperwork. My desk is looking a lot better with paperwork gone to the landlord. My new lease arrived today and I filed that paperwork also. Does anyone remember the show, How Clean Is Your House? I found it on YouTube and I have watched a couple of episodes. That is a show that can motivate me into cleaning just like watching Hoarders.
    I also get motivated by watching hoarders! My husband thinks it's awful to watch such a depressing show. But really you usually see the end result and it's so much better than when you first see their house. I am in a big mess right now because everything is out of our kitchen waiting for new cabinets and everything else. It won't be back together until sometime next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DonnaPBradshaw;163992]I also get motivated by watching hoarders! My husband thinks it's awful to watch such a depressing show. But really you usually see the end result and it's so much better than when you first see their house. I am in a big mess right now because everything is out of our kitchen waiting for new cabinets and everything else. It won't be back together until sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

I used to watch Hoarders too before I downgraded my cable. After the show was over, I would have to throw something out, even if it was a sheet of unneeded paper. My friends husband did the same thing, had to throw something out.

Today I ran the dishwasher, now have to empty it, have a load of laundry in and will hang it up in the basement. Did clear out one old flower planter and reused the good dirt to top off the ones I am saving. Cleaned off some of the leaves on the patio but then it got a bit too chilly so I will wait for a warmer day. Later on I will coordinate some yarn in containers and get it out of the tote bags.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Tasks Completed/In Progress Yesterday:

~Unpacked from vacation
    ~Began laundering items from vacation
    ~Reviewed planner
    ~Worked on new mailings
    ~Read portion of Victoria magazine(May/June issue) for home and garden ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    *Yesterday's/**Today's Accomplishments:

~Reviewed planner* **
    ~All unpacking is complete and luggage has been stored* **
    ~All laundry has been done and put away * **
    ~All mailings complete and taken to post office*
    ~Rehung front door wreath after a "bath"*

Today's Accomplishments:
    ~Made tomorrow's to-do list
    ~Bed made
    ~Tub cleaned
    ~Water closet, swept and mopped(master bathroom)
    ~Picked up, put away items
    ~Dishes done
    ~Swept front porch
    ~Swiffered kitchen
    ~Swiffer-mopped kitchen

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess I did start cleaning my home and start to reduce the clutter. I cleaned out the pantry, got rid of things that had expired because they got pushed to the back. Then I did the housework we all do to maintain our homes. So I will clean out an item every couple days. Once a month the diabetic foundation calls for donations so I put some things together for them to pick up. The last 2 weeks in May we are allowed to put out furniture items for garage pick up. That help so we don't have to cart it some where. We have not decide if we will downsize to an apartment or stay for a few more years. It would be a lot to move, but we have a lot to look after if we stay.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME