Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 3 of 64 First 123451353 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, you're getting a lot done. My efforts are paying off too!

Today, I itemized, reboxed and set my donations out for pickup. Just checked and the truck has picked up my donation. On Friday, more donations will be picked up by another charity. Donating benefits the giver and the receipients. Clean home for me and useable items for the receipients.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I am working in the bathroom and doing general housekeeping chores today. I'v cleaned, tossed and organized one vanity drawer using a slim storage basket. My bathroom schedule has changed as I went shopping yesterday. What fun!!! I must get the donation boxes ready to go for tomorrow's charity pickup.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just not feeling it today. I'm feeling pretty down and depressed, ugh. So I'm sitting in the middle of my cluttered home, feeling guilty for not doing a little more today to get it organized. Bummer for me today. I guess we all deserve a day off from it, huh?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    So far today, I've cleaned/organized another vanity drawer and hung up some clothing. By cleaning and organizing my home, I'm finding less is truly more! Items for charity donation will be ongoing throughout this process. I feel so accomplished each time I clean or organize an area in my home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been getting more accomplished. Each day I've been doing a little bit more shredding whenever I am down in the basement. I put together another two bags of Christmas items for my friends daughter and son-in-law are for their new house. These are items that I no longer need or brand-new and never used. The Lupus foundation picked up four bags of shoes , boots and clothing last week. I went through my towels and have a bag that my friend is taking to the local animal shelter where she volunteers. We're taking her granddaughters out for the day tomorrow so she's picking them up then when she picks me up.

Butterflyrose, I do want to say thank you for starting this thread. While I have been getting very organized in preparation for a hopeful move next year, it is nice to have that little extra incentive.

Roe

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some more things were decluttered on the weekend and are now out of my house. Did a bit of cleaning and straightening in the laundry room, so it is much better down there. With Christmas coming, I still have to decide where to put the tree. May also declutter some decorations I no longer need in the process.

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am busily working in my home today. Laundry is going, swiffering is taking place, sorting, tossing and organizing in is the works. I am rearranging some areas of my family room too! Lo and behold, that bag of unshredded paperwork is looming at me. I refuse to buy a shredder, so I'll continue to cut and tear it up a little at a time when I take a break or watch a bit of T.V. I've already done a great amount of it in the past few months. I've learned my lesson and no longer hold on to all the paperwork, but cut and tear up the mail as I go through it. Taking one step at a time and enjoying the journey as I go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I've been getting more accomplished. Each day I've been doing a little bit more shredding whenever I am down in the basement. I put together another two bags of Christmas items for my friends daughter and son-in-law are for their new house. These are items that I no longer need or brand-new and never used. The Lupus foundation picked up four bags of shoes , boots and clothing last week. I went through my towels and have a bag that my friend is taking to the local animal shelter where she volunteers. We're taking her granddaughters out for the day tomorrow so she's picking them up then when she picks me up.

Butterflyrose, I do want to say thank you for starting this thread. While I have been getting very organized in preparation for a hopeful move next year, it is nice to have that little extra incentive.

Roe
    Ro, you're welcome! Incentives help us all. Now that I have the time to organize my home, I want the TOTAL look including behind those closed doors such as closets and cabinets. How's your organization coming along these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. My organization is going very well. I still am shredding a little at a time, why I saved some paperwork for years I have no idea, LOL!!! I am now starting to get out the Christmas decorations for outside (putting the lights on outside today while it warms up to normal temps) and then will start dragging the inside stuff upstairs from the basement (I decorate starting Thanksgiving weekend) and once I do that and go through that, will set aside those I will not be using anymore for donations.

I had been inside a couple of the closets on my main floor (have three in my basement too, one is a walk-in) and have gone through the first and second round of clothing/shoe donations. For a person who has been retired since 1999, I sure have a lot of clothes, LOL!!!

My next step (and this has been an ongoing for months and will continue to be) is organizing my yarn by colors and labeling the containers. That takes forever since I have more yarn than I should really admit to having. That I usually save for a rainy or heaven forbid, a snow day.

I had bought after school started and when they were on clearance, those little plastic school boxes (both larger and smaller) in Walmart for 10 and 25 cents and I have put them in every room in my house, even in my truck and garage and shed. They are perfect for keeping those notorious kitchen and china closet junk drawers organized. Use them for bathroom items, office supplies, crochet items.

So I will now finish my coffee, already scoffed down a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast and get ready to start outside. Have a great day everyone, see ya later.

Roe

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I started cleaning out two drawers in my central island. One was a junk drawer, that I'll no longer have in my kitchen 'cuz all drawers will be organized and there will be a designated place for everything. Almost done with this task! It will now become a drawer for my spices. The other drawer doesn't have a designated purpose yet. I will begin to clean and declutter one under counter cabinet in my central island today. I am also sorting books today for Wednesday's charity pickup. Organizing should now be a part of my name!lol

I have set out a box and a bag of items for charity donation this morning. I am making very good progress in my effort to TOTALLY clean/declutter and organize every knook and cranny in my home.

How's your progress?