Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 2 of 64 First 12341252 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shelley! I also cleaned the egg storage bin. In the veggie bin was a head of cabbage which led to me cooking the cabbage and using a portion of the cabbage to make coleslaw. Mmmm...two of my favorite foods.

Just toss out 1 thing each time you go to your refrigerator to build your momentum. I know you can do this!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I worked in my basement for six hours today (was too rainy, cold and damp to go out so it was perfect to work inside). I first went down just to put something away and decided to tackle the piles of paperwork that will eventually be shredded but I had to get the piles off the floor. So I put them into magazine holders and rearranged other office supplies. The shredding is the next step, that will be another rainy day. Then I reorganized a cabinet and a couple of small bookcases. Then I even sorted some yarn (getting more from a friend on Monday, it is the yarn no one wants to work on) and pulled out some for other projects since I do multiple projects at one time. Vacuumed and worked a little bit in the utility part of the basement too. Got a lot accomplished and it looks so much neater.

What I also do is have cds going while I am working. Today, I had Queen, Abba, the Stray Cats and Meatloaf singing their hearts out. But every once in a while, I would start to dance around to the music. So glad my surveillance video cameras (24/7 taping and 30 days before it resets) are outside only and not inside.

Tomorrow is also going to be very windy and cold, so far no rain predicted, so I will stay in again and do a little more reorganization and then crochet (like today).

Roe

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, you are getting the job done! Congratulations! Yes, music does make cleaning and organizing a merry time. Best wishes to you!

Today I will begin rearranging and organizing some items, thoroughly cleaning and mopping the bathroom! This project will be include dust mopping the walls. I project this task to take a few days of work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, am trying to get some decluttering done around here. Today I decluttered some bake ware I no longer need. I also did some decluttering of products in the bathroom. I have a doctor's appointment and his office is right across the road from the thrift store I donate to. So, everything is ready to go with me tomorrow morning.

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wabashwoman, congratulations to you! It does make a difference in our living space when we declutter. Donating to others is a benefit too! I hope all goes well with your dr.'s appt.

My Bathroom Cleanup Schedule:

Monday: cleared some items, put folded linen in linen closet, swept bathroom
    Tuesday:sorted and arranged some items
    Wednesday:clean water closet and mop,
    Thursday:mop remainder of bathrooom, dust mop walls and sweep as needed
    Friday:clean vanity, bathtub and shower stall, begin cleaning out drawers and cabinets
    Saturday:continue Friday's task or continue next week
    Continue work next week! Next, begin reorganizing linen closet. Minimal work to do there as I keep my linen closet pretty organized!

Today, I'll contact two charities to pick up donations, one will pick up tomorrow. I am making so much progress in my effort to have a totally clean, decluttered and organized home. I am loving the journey!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-05-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dropped off donations after doctor's appointment this morning. Stocked up on some cleaning supplies I was short of. With the small living room I have, I have to decide where to put the Christmas tree. Also want to go through my Christmas decorations to see what can go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still need a lot of organizing to do. I live in a small trailer with not much storage. I have decided to look for things to organize with at yard sales this next year. I didn't find any this year. I am thinking of getting some at at the dollar store I am a person that needs to have things in a specific place where I can find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I left a post. Been busy doing exchanges in Groups as I organize my yarn & accessories. Just sent 3 bags to DAV -- like Goodwill? Clearing in kitchen and basement as if I go to do clothes I do a little cleaing out and straightening. Sure feels good to get it done. OA has hit back I knees BAD so I sit to do a lot and pray and memorizing words of the Lord. Be happy when Hubby feel better he gets down seeing me do what he would be doing. We talk, hard as hes a quiet & keeps things in?? God Bless all And 'SMILE' Life is Good with God in it. Susan2014

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta: Having things organized sure does make life easier! I have an extra big smile on my face!
    Susan: I know you're feeling good after cleaning and donating too! I feel that same way. I pray that your and your husband's health improves more and more each day. Having God's word hid in our hearts really helps us in our daily lives.

13. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have been doing a little bit each day again. Yesterday I put together, in neat little piles, donations for Toys for Tots and the Girl Scouts holiday drive to benefit a childrens hospital. Also started a little pile for the Bridge of Life yearly shower that my friend runs for different outreaches, that is held in February. Organized the crochet items I did for prayer shawl and hobby in different tote bags also and tagged each one so as I turn them in at a meeting, the next items go into the same bags. Prayer shawl is held monthly, hobby is twice a month.

Today I shredded more paperwork and took out more extra Christmas items that I am giving to my friends' daughter and sil. They just got married in August, bought a house and are very appreciative of what I had extra. Already gave them stuff but found more that I do not need.

Next is to go through older towels and donate to the local animal shelters, they use them for the doggies and cats to lie on so they are more comfy. Did one round of towels a couple of months ago, getting ready for the next round.

I still say everything multiples overnight when we are asleep, otherwise, how did we get all this stuff?? LOL

Roe