Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you like lighting candles in the home?

Candles are helpful for emergencies, but they are also nice to add a warm glow to the home in the evenings. I have lots of candles and need to take more time to enjoy them by lighting them in the evening hours.

Do you like lighting candles in the home for pleasure? Or, do you mainly use them for emergencies?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love candles!!!! I have had to use them for emergencies but mostly for the wonderful scents!! Things always look better with a glowing candle I think :-) Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I love scented candles and do use them inside and sometimes even outside on my patio.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than for emergencies, the only time I used candles was at Christmas, it use to be a tradition on Christmas Eve we turned out all the light , turn the tree on and light all the candles I have sitting out. Then turn on TV and watch "It's A Wonderful Life".
    Last edited by MeerKat; 10-18-2014 at 11:29 PM.

5. Likes Poinciana, Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Candles are helpful for emergencies, but they are also nice to add a warm glow to the home in the evenings. I have lots of candles and need to take more time to enjoy them by lighting them in the evening hours.

Do you like lighting candles in the home for pleasure? Or, do you mainly use them for emergencies?
    I love candles and buy way too many of the two scents I love the most, Apple by Village Candle and Black Bamboo by Village Candle. A third one I buy is Crisp Apple by Scentbeads. I have a wonderful candle by Village Candle called Siberian Fir which I'll burn at Christmas. Its scent is very much like balsam fir.

I don't buy the scents like apple pies or pumpkin pies, or cookies, etc., ... relying on my own baking to create those aromas.

I used to buy a lot of vanilla scented candles but got tired of them.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to say I don't light candles for emergencies. When you have hurricanes roaring around you, lighted candles can be a disaster. We rely on battery-operated lanterns for emergencies.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the smell of candles burning, I don't burn them very often, but should do it more often. Seems when we are having company, I like to add a little warmth and fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was pregnant, I lit candles for their scent. There was one specific candle scent that I HAD to have. We walked into the dollar store and I smelled it as soon as I go through the doorway. I followed my nose, so-to-speak, until I found out where that amazing smelling candle was. I had to have it! So I got a couple of them and kept them lit all day long at home, and when they weren't lit around night time, I'd just sit and hold the candle under my nose so I could smell it as I breathed. I was insane LOL.

Other than that specific time, I only use candles for emergencies.

Post Thanks / Like
    We live in senior housing and lit candles are not allowed. I used to do a lot of decorating with them when we lived in our house. I guess I still could use them and not lite them. I don't do much decorating as we usually spend Christmas at one of the kids' house. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I love candles. I have unscented ones for emergencies but I love to burn the scented ones. In the summer and spring I burn ones that smell like floral or cinnamon and in fall I like the apple pie spice, pumpkin spice and in the winter I love the smell of the pine especially at Christmas. We have an artificial tree and when I burn the pine it makes it smell like we have a real tree